Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Who gave the right to the boss of POF to decide this      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 astralman1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Who gave the right to the boss of POF to decide thisPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
We are in the 21st century yet it seems POF is not. I am sick to death of receiving messages from people who are 14 years or more younger than me and not being able to reply and get the same message back "Username then", "accepts messages only from certain users. Why not message one of your Matches instead? Return to your inbox". Now why can they send me a message and it will not allow me to reply and gives the above message. I had a message from the big boss, owner some time ago saying that I cannot contact people 14 years or more in age difference. Now am I simply losing the plot here, but who the hell gave this man the right to decide what age difference there should be in order to be in contact with someone. Whilst I can understand any site like this has a responsibility to keep young people safe, but surely if the age you have to be t0 join is 18 would that not be an age where one can make up ones own mind to age differences etc after all you can marry at 18 and 16 with parents consent (think I have that right) I am not ageist, I have a preference thats all
 astralman1
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Who gave the right to the boss of POF to decide this
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:21:31 PM
PS forgot to mention on Meet me I get a large majority of people who are more than 14 years younger show up, what is the point of that if your not allowed to communicate ?
 kj521
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:22:06 PM
Oh I dunno....cause he's the "Boss"? :D

Thread search is your friend here.....
 crookcatcher
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:24:10 PM

When the keys to the front door belong to you sounds pretty reasonable. ;)
 astralman1
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:24:56 PM
LOL Now I get this "Reason for Requested Deletion: Redundant subject
1/2 have voted to delete this thread, at least 7 delete votes out of 10 are needed to auto delete this thread.

Is this POF's way of stopping me have my say ?.

I say this is not a redundant issue and would like it to stay please, at least until I get some answers as I am sure the law is being broken on this subject:modhammer: ?
 astralman1
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:26:05 PM
Thanks Kj521 new to this forum business lol xx
 astralman1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:28:22 PM
I have to say that the important issue here is that they may be breaching human rights laws. So do you feel it reasonable to be dictated to with age restrictions on who you can contact and who can contact you ?
 kj521
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:35:02 PM
Mr. Astralman....

I think Mr. Bigfish can do whatever he would like as long as the site is his.

If I don't like it.....there are other dating sites. :)

But on a personal note....I like the age restriction. I was completely creeped out by the sexual messages from 18 yr olds when I first started here. I didn't put age restrictions because I like to talk to people from the forums....
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:37:54 PM
Do a thread search, you're a big boy and have been here a long time, probably when the rule was first implemented. It's in the FAQ too, I think.

Find your own answers. This site is now owned by the Match group (Markus cashed in BIG) and we'll be lucky if it stays a free site much longer.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:43:25 PM

I say this is not a redundant issue and would like it to stay please, at least until I get some answers as I am sure the law is being broken on this subject:modhammer: ?

Oh hell yeah, it’s redundant. Try this:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/search.aspx

I have to say that the important issue here is that they may be breaching human rights laws.

You are not the boss of POF. This is a dating website; not a government entity. To say an age restriction on here is “breaching human rights” is ridiculous.

Also I highly doubt young things are messaging you. The restriction goes both ways.

Ew, and quit creepily flirting. You answered your own question. :/
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:47:09 PM

Posted by Astralman1:
"I have to say that the important issue here is that they may be breaching human rights laws."

Truth to power! We must rise up and confront vicious people breaching human rights by operating dating websites.

More details and "official" feedback from the site owner can be found here:
URL: https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16028207.aspx
 purplerider1200
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:54:12 PM
Posters have no rights. We have privileges. This is not the real world. Call this a Benevolent Dictatorship. We can get the ax for any old whim or reason. Any complaints against the site fall on deaf ears, because we don't write the rules. We just abide by them.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:05:14 PM
ASk for your money back! Show him you won't be dictated to by an evil Bug Overlord
Show POF you mad as heck and you aren't going to stand for it - Power to the People
Or, simply read the TOS and breathe
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:11:26 PM

I have to say that the important issue here is that they may be breaching human rights laws. So do you feel it reasonable to be dictated to with age restrictions on who you can contact and who can contact you ?

Oh dear. Human rights laws!! I suggest you consult the United Nations and the International justice Courts in the Hague.

Or you could sit down, have some tea, calm down and genuinely THINK.

Next, actually READ. Read things such as the rules you agreed to in signing up, and even more so, read about how the
"rights" you imagine actually work. And read the rest of the forums, including how to search threads, so that you stop compounding how foolish you make yourself appear, by accusing people who are not even aware of your existence, of plotting to prevent you from ranting about things that others have ranted just as ignorantly about many times.

In the mean time, doing some of the simple work for you that you should have done before posting any of this:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16330875.aspx

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16456971.aspx
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:45:10 PM

cause he's the "Boss"? :D

Noooooo.

Bruce Springsteen is "The Boss".

Markus is just the owner of a dating website.
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:48:02 PM

I say this is not a redundant issue and would like it to stay please, at least until I get some answers as I am sure the law is being broken on this subject:

Time to call the fuzz. Do I smell bacon?

As for it being redundant, so I'm clear, so because YOU SAY it isn't redundant means it isn't eh. Note to self.

On that note, astralman1 I want to know who gave you the right to decorate your house in the manner you have. Dammit I tell you I think you've broken some laws and well, you better redecorate it the way I tell you to or I'm gonna call the fuzz, cause after all I can go into your place and you how to do stuff cause hell, although it is yours, I have the right to demand you do it my way.... or ELSE!!!
 ndm147
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:15:05 PM
Join OK cupid since they have no age restrictions and it is free. I get messages all the time from guys the same age as my son (25). Don't reply but the site is more open.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:20:31 PM
You do realize that hot chick more than 14 years younger than you was just going to fleece you for money....it really is for your own protection smirk
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:54:19 PM
You COULD just ...leave the site......I don't believe anyone is making you stay.

Hey maybe you should start your own dating website! Cradlerobbers.com
 DietFree
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:55:24 PM

Whilst I can understand any site like this has a responsibility to keep young people safe, but surely if the age you have to be t0 join is 18 would that not be an age where one can make up ones own mind to age differences etc after all you can marry at 18 and 16 with parents consent (think I have that right) I am not ageist, I have a preference thats all

POF won't let you go after 18 year olds here? Well....bullie for them.
 Seki1949
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:46:18 PM
Demand a refund! Insist on it! Neither babes born in the 80's nor babes actually in their 80's can contact me here.
 Chromis1
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 10:57:11 PM

I have to say that the important issue here is that they may be breaching human rights laws.

Why, I believe you're right. If you look hard enough you'll find the protective language in the 1st Amendment. Madison had exactly this scenario in mind when he drafted it. It's a federal matter, then, so start with filing suit in your local federal district court.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:00:57 PM
Get off the computer and start meeting people in real life.
 csillagjanos
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:33:05 PM
""""PS forgot to mention on Meet me I get a large majority of people who are more than 14 years younger show up, what is the point of that if your not allowed to communicate ?""""

Courtesy of the Boss, these pictures are displayed there for the point of your pleasure of private entertainment. I.e. bedroom and lots of Kleenex tissues. If you get my drift.
 csillagjanos
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:38:57 PM
"""""You do realize that hot chick more than 14 years younger than you was just going to fleece you for money....it really is for your own protection smirk"""""

Normally I'd agree with you, Passionate... but in the case of the OP the interest by the hot chicks so junior may be genuine. After all, he is a VERY handsome dude, the OP is.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Who gave the right to the boss of POF to decide this