Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Image upload privileges revoked      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AcousticGtr
Msg: 1
Image upload privileges revokedPage 1 of 1    
I left my PC on and went to bed. My roommates found my POF profile and thought it would be funny to message back and forth with others pretending to be me. They exchanged photos with a user who has nude photos, uploaded a nude pic and tried to pass it off as me, I logged on the next day, saw the exchange, tried to delete it, noticed my photos were all deleted, and a message saying my image privileges were revoked.

I am very sorry this happened, I will not let it happen again, I would just like to resume my profile with my NON-NUDE pics of myself and the one of myself and my son. Its not my intentions to use POF as a way to exchange nude photos, and I really want to kick my roommates butts as I just paid for my 3 month upgrade not even a month ago, and now this.

If there is anything I can do to regain my upload privileges that would be great, I would be willing to submit to some sort of probation period where my photos were checked regularly or whatever. It would be great if I could be forgiven and given another chance to follow the rules and be a good POF member.

Thanks
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Image upload privileges revoked
Posted: 10/31/2015 12:43:29 AM
POF staff don't openly come into these forums and don't reply to user posts.

Email csr@pof.com. Be prepared to have to wait up to two weeks for a response.

Tell your flatmates they owe you two week's worth of subscription fees.

Learn how to log out of web sites.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/1/2015 2:17:05 AM

I left my PC on and went to bed. My roommates found my POF profile and thought it would be funny to message back and forth with others pretending to be me. They exchanged photos with a user who has nude photos, uploaded a nude pic and tried to pass it off as me, I logged on the next day, saw the exchange, tried to delete it, noticed my photos were all deleted, and a message saying my image privileges were revoked.

Odd, how does one get their nude photo and others deleted and not the other poster with nude pics? The other poster they were messaging with would of had to report your pic's...and they have nude pics? Hmm...

Regardless, no refund, no reinstatement will be forthcoming. You could never prove your roommates did it in the first place. Sounds like you got caught playing inappropriately since you felt the need to spring the "pic of my son and I" sympathy card.

I would just like to resume my profile with my NON-NUDE pics of myself and the one of myself and my son

Did you actually not catch this? Epic fail I'm afraid.

ymmv :/
 irishgirl772
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/1/2015 5:19:25 AM
Also strange that he lists his occupation as 'Property Manager' but he doesnt have his own place. Why do your 'room mates' know you pof password? Sending nude photos should have gotten your whole profile deleted.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/2/2015 1:35:52 AM
I guess you didn't read the terms of service very well?

SECURITY
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your username and password, and You should not allow anyone to use Your password to access any Services. You are responsible for all usage or activity on the Service by users using Your password, including but not limited to use of Your password by any third party. You agree to immediately notify Plentyoffish of any unauthorized use of Your username or password or any unauthorized access to Your account. For Your own security, it is advisable to log out when You finish each use of the Services, especially if You are using a public computer or share a computer with others. When logging into the Services using a public computer please use caution to prevent other people from learning Your username and password.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/2/2015 3:52:15 PM

Learn how to log out of web sites.

Yep. Sorry this has happened and your room mates definitely need a kick in the bum for doing that. I doubt very much you'll get the privilege back though.
 tammywayne1974
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2016 8:44:22 PM
My privilege was revoked an I don't know why..i wanna ask for them back..
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/28/2016 6:07:57 AM
Interesting profile....
Methinks you just might be on the wrong site?
POF might be free, but cheap it ain't.

Mya_Shannel
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2017 11:55:53 PM
I've seen a men sucks in there pics I didn't now that we as females can't show our ****s and the still have it up and its not private unlike mine was.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 7:09:18 AM
The threat of revocation of upload privileges, is why a lot of us have given up on risking updating our pics. I've gone mostly grey now, and don't look nearly as good as my pic (such as it is), but after having two more recent ones deleted for "not being a picture of my face" (they both were), and being warned that I could have my privileges revoked if I guessed wrong again, I stopped trying.
 barkingupatree
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/5/2017 8:49:06 PM
Funny, I got "your main photo has been deleted for not being a face picture" Thing is all of my pictures (3) are of my face and this only happened after I reported the underage girl photos posted as over 50 year olds here.
Oh well just like the rest too many here are poser's.
 Mya_Shannel
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2017 8:56:47 PM
A Ex took a pic from my phone and posted my nude pic.
 Mya_Shannel
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2017 8:58:20 PM
My Ex took my phone and posted cause him and his sister did the same thing to my old Facebook
 Mya_Shannel
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2017 9:00:31 PM
I would just like to resume my profile with my NON-NUDE pics of myself and the one of myself . it will never happen again
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/9/2017 12:28:52 AM
The best solution would be to shut this profile down, and create a new one.
 Magical_Monkey_Fun
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2017 12:59:07 AM
I had my privileges for uploading images revoked without warning and with no inappropriate pictures ever being uploaded nor shared privately. I would like to put up a picture newer than 2014, but that does not seem possible. At least I still look the same, so it isn't misleading.
 greenday1987
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2017 7:59:00 PM
Surprised this isn't against the TOCs. But then their system must be a bit questionable as I've had my image rights revoked nd I don't know why. I've never uploaded anything questionable afaik.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2017 6:38:24 AM
The biggest problem with this site since it was sold to Match, is that there are no longer any humans involved with it. The only partially completed automated systems that the previous owner put in place, accidentally set up a condition wherein a small number of antagonistic people (or one person with multiple profiles) can use the now entirely automated complaint system, to sabotage someone they get mad at.
 andrewlevett
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2017 6:51:21 PM
I didn't no about the nude pics and I've taken them off won't my pic back on pay good money
 spot4username
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2017 4:34:08 AM
^^^
How could you not know? On the UPLOAD IMAGES page it says:

Add 8 images to your profile or upgrade and upload 16.

Your face MUST be clearly visible in your MAIN IMAGE. All images MUST contain you. Images of cartoons, celebrities, bare torsos and joke pictures will be deleted. Improve the images on your profile to get the most responses!

Set your images to private to only share them with people in a message. UPLOADING NUDITY WILL GET YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED

^^^ That seems to be crystal clear.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Image upload privileges revoked