Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 freakykrick
Msg: 1
Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
You could create an account, a girl hit you up, you chat and exchange numbers and then set up a meet to greet and you eventually hit it off because the expectations weren't so high or there were none at all. You really met the person you were talking to and you were spontaneous and acted like high school kids just strolling, working up to build something. And the best part.....the sex, it actually felt better because you made a connection. You didn't really meet up for sex but you eventually got intimate and it felt great.

Fast forward a few years, old relationships dissolves, friends move on and so on. You come back to POF after a while, try to check the old neighborhood to see if you can rekindle some magic and boy....have time changed.....for the worst. It is unbelievable what i've come across on here now compared to before. It has now become somewhat of an entertainment or an eye opener. Women on here seemed to have graduated from Gold Digging Universities where if you are not planning on some fancy date, they want no part of meeting up. Big name restaurants, fancy outtings and even requesting you buy them gifts, making you feel like you're being racketed for ransom up front payments. There's almost no human element or feeling to the interaction.

I've come to find many on here with some serious issues, like having no patience, to name a few. If I have things going for me in my life and i meet you, i can't drop what I am doing completely just to please you or your void for whatever you lack in your life. I come across some that have been temper tantrum because they can't get their way, like wtf, i am not your man slave? And the fact that so many have kids...kids kids kids everywhere. It doesn't matter what age, from 24 to....never mind if they are in their 30's. I've met them from all sorts of ranges and its always a kid here, 2 kids there, some with a record of 3. And it could be from 1 guy, 2 or 3 guys. I don't fault a woman for having kids because she is an adult but at times i come across some where they act as if the kid is a burden in their life and they want a man so bad that they become anxious and you gotta abide by their needs or else. I remember when i used to meet them before, around the same age range and i was a bit younger, they didn't have that many kids. Where did things go wrong. And some of them have these kids irresponsibly in 1 night stands and not legitimate relationships but try to make you feel guilty for not wanting to be with them, like what, i'm not just gonna jump in with you and take some other guy's responsibility or foot the bill of your mistake. Hell, even though some are willing to have sex, I go the cautious route and even show great restraint. You don't know what the hell you can get into.

Come on guys, help me out, Am i the only one coming across this new awful trend of these gals nowadays. It was never this bad. They truly carry some awful baggage nowadays that i didn't experience before. Id meet up with a girl, we talk, become friends, eventually go out, she'd come over my place, id go over hers and we had a good time. Now, its so ridiculous, i create my profile and i get ridicule just based on an ID name i'd create for fun. I stole a sexually explicit pic from a girl's page one time as a joke and a girl i started talking to, saw it and she started verbally cussing me out saying that she's been watching me and now she sees that i just want one thing, blah blah blah. I ended up leaving the pic just to piss her off some more because she sounded so ridiculous with her baseless claim. I didn't even tell her it was a joke. I saw HER as a joke, i laughed it off. Anyways, i'd be interested to hear what some of you fellas think or experienced on here.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 2
Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....
Posted: 11/13/2015 9:22:02 PM
You sound like a train wreck. Stealing a sexually explicit pic of a girl and then pissing a woman off with it? And laughing at her? Yes, you sound like a sane person.
 freakykrick
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/13/2015 9:26:50 PM
i don't wanna hear from stupid women like you....go away...you sound every bit the nutcases i described.

Look at your own dam self in the mirror, looking like something out of a horror movie. Get a new hair cut....shooo...go alreayd
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/13/2015 9:28:14 PM
"Women on here seemed to have graduated from Gold Digging Universities"

Well, now that they have online courses you can complete in the comfort of your own home, it's easy to earn your degree in 6 months or less.
 tangofish
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2015 9:37:01 PM
If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a b***h ain't one.

A b***h used to be one, now I'm single, and it sucks being alone... but at least I'm not having to deal with a dumpster fire of a relationship.

So try and look at the bright side. At least you're not limping around trying to stuff your guts and heart back into the dead corpse of a body some sociopathic women left you with.

Because that sucks, and it sucks bad.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/13/2015 10:14:14 PM
Oh darling... The good old days were different because you were younger. Now you are 30 and the decade will shift and change you just because you will mature and change and look at your life differently than when you were 20.

It may seem that women are more demanding and perhaps they are. Women in their early 30's are thinking about time clocks while men have live little spermies until they are 90. So a woman's demands as you put them or simply desires will change. One thing all these loser women have in common is that you picked them .

Single mothers trying to date I am sure have their own plight. I did not date much or at all when I had minor children. It is hard to step in and be a step parent. No one will argue with you, but remember when you sign up for all that that you knew from the get go that the lady had children. It is a whole nother ball of wax beyond just the trials of getting to know someone single with out children.

OP. If you really want to jump back into this dating arena you should sincerely sit yourself down and think long about what you want. If you just come in running amok and wandering here without any real idea of your ideals and moral compass you are going to get lost.

Indeed you do sound lost. A man having this many ridiculous encounters has to some extent be asking for it. What is it that you allow that creates these unfortunate connections???

Don't blame it on the women or paint them all with the same brush. Look at yourself and ask why are they all flocking to you?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/13/2015 10:14:24 PM
Pathetic. No more comment.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2015 10:19:29 PM
freakykrick
Like that profile is going to get you any genuine contacts. You seriously need to grow up. This whiny rant will win you no points with any potential dates not to mention the unnecessary personal remarks about other posters.... now go and look at my profile and make a disparaging remark about me, my age or whatever...... go on....I double dare you....
 tangofish
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2015 11:12:19 PM
" Quit yo Jibber-jabber! You ain't hurt, yo pathetic!, Argh! If I ever catch you acting like a crazy fool again, you're gonna meet my friend pain! Snickers, get some nuts! "

-Mr T

Somehow this quote from a snickers advert with Mr T works perfectly as a response to this thread. Go figure
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/14/2015 12:37:59 AM
Yes, and your profile will go down in the POF annals as one of the deleted worst.

Enjoy your new position -- bent over.
 mike11092
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/14/2015 4:17:38 AM
While I agree that things have changed over time, as all things do, I believe that it is not exclusive to a certain sex.

As sites (any social site) become popular, and a wider audience subscribes, the original use often becomes convoluted.

---...After all, it was the intention of Creator Markus to create a social hook-up site where the women were subservient and the crabs nearly leaped from your PC.

Moreover, how dare women get pregnant. When I'm on a dating site, I expect, especially at my age, all of the prospects to be chaste and clean. None of this "baby" nonsense. Or this, "I want a man who doesn't live with his mother" BS. I should be able to reside wherever I please, all the while servicing as many women as I please.

And a job? I'm obviously a gift from above. I need it not. My only employment should be pleasing women, as I am highly skilled at that and am sustained by their pleasure....---

---That's how ridiculous you sound, OP.

The fun part is that Markus sold the website this year, so I'm curious about what changes are coming...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2015 6:46:32 AM
Maybe it worked that way at one time. I see a few "remember when" comments from those whom have been on for years. Since I haven't, then I can only guess what it was like.

But that was then, this is now. To make the grade you must-

Have the wit of Steve Harvey.
Dress like you own a high end menswear store.
Be as photogenic as any male model.
Have a six figure income. Or better yet, be retired with a full mattress.
Be able to run a 26 mile marathon- anytime.
Be able to read every little bit of body language, nuance, or slight hint that women put out.
Must have read the public library.
Graduated from Harvard-With honors.
Be up on every television show episode.
Own a car. Not so much a sports car, just a high end one that's not older than 6 months.
Know that a woman makes your life complete. And that you'll stop at nothing to get that.
Know that every woman is perfect.

Oh, and be able to lie better than hillary.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2015 6:52:11 AM
Mm. Yes. The shock and depressing disappointment one must feel upon finally awakening to the fact that the world isn't ACTUALLY designed to be a vending machine for self-centered gits after all.

Except the OP hasn't noticed that yet, he's still griping about the machine failing to give change, and call him brilliant for being rude.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:04:55 AM
Wash....rinse and repeat....
Can a guy start a thread on here with a topic other than...the same ole' shit!
Yes womyns are bad.....join the groups where you can slap each other on the back and cry into your beer.
Tired of hearing it.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:35:55 AM
See what I mean!? It is a knee jerk reaction from the cackling hens right off the bat. A man voices his concerns and insights regarding OLD on a OLD forum and he is immediately insulted and demeaned. Holy Wow, what is wrong with you folks? Oh, I and a few others have described your pathologies before. You people need help and more drugs (more than the ones Feminists need to take anyway). Seriously, your misandry and lack of compassion in general is really ugly.

Freaky, go through the other threads on this forum that females posters, or their house Eunuchs, have initiated designed to bash man, or coddle females. This place stinks of such.

Freaky, buried in this mess is another poster who echo your accounts that OLD has changed in the last so many years just a few days ago. I would love to hear more about your insights and I would respect your opinions very much.
 kj521
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:53:30 AM
"Freaky, go through the other threads on this forum that females posters, or their house Eunuchs, have initiated designed to bash man, or coddle females. This place stinks of such."

Oh For Goodness Sakes!

Stop dragging that Dead Horse around! Free yourself!

**nothing left but bones anyway.....just sayin'. :)
 Maleman999
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:57:28 AM
A trend I'm noticing in POF is I'm seeing more and more profiles that say "I'm just here for the forums", and often state they're already partnered up. At this rate, only people who have found their Prince Charming/Cinderella life partner will be participating in the forums in the future. It will be a sight strictly for couples counseling.
 kj521
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:00:14 AM
^^^^I'm still single, Mr. Maleman. Just in case you wanted to know. ***bats eyelashes***
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:10:42 AM

A trend I'm noticing in POF is I'm seeing more and more profiles that say "I'm just here for the forums", and often state they're already partnered up. At this rate, only people who have found their Prince Charming/Cinderella life partner will be participating in the forums in the future. It will be a sight strictly for couples counseling.

You're right. But perhaps that happens because some people actually got something back from the forums so they could apply to that black-chack-nail-scratching activity called dating and turn the agonizing process into something fun and successful.
 mike11092
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:21:52 AM
House Eunuch, here, aka Guy Who Gets Laid.

It is a knee jerk reaction from the cackling hens right off the bat. A man voices his concerns and insights regarding OLD on a OLD forum and he is immediately insulted and demeaned.

Concerns and insights such as:

i don't wanna hear from stupid women like you....go away

[In his best Steve Irwin voice]

Watch, as the troll sets up his trap, pounces on the first poster to take the bait and departs...but wait...it looks like another troll has come across the now abandoned bridge...we've seen this older troll before. He's a clever one. Watch as he tests the bait, ensuring it will still work, before proclaiming his ignorance. Let's go see if I can stick me hand down his throat...

[/steve Irwin voice RIP]

A trend I'm noticing in POF is I'm seeing more and more profiles that say "I'm just here for the forums", and often state they're already partnered up.

Here for the forums, but mainly because I just split up with my GF about a week ago, so...not very interested in dating ATM...
 meagan06825
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:23:11 AM

Maybe because those who are functional enough to get and stay in a relationship successfully have more "on point" advice to dispense.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:36:35 AM

Here for the forums, but mainly because I just split up with my GF about a week ago, so...not very interested in dating ATM...

Dude, was this the girl with the kids? Now you see, this would be a much better discussion. So we can learn something, and be better in our relationships.

After the split from this bat-crazy woman I was so fvcked up I ended up in three years of therapy. Kid you not. The kids did a number on me. Then I met this one girl that never ever fought. She said because as a kid she was sexually molested by her father and emotionally abused by her mother. That her mother knew everything that her father had done and allowed it. We never fought, or argued. The sex was great, but there was something missing. She had a son that was weird as hell and even though I tried to get to know the kid, I was so scarred from emotionally getting attached to the previous kids that I could not go there. I was a total emotional wall. She was a total emotional wall. Then after 9 months of dating she split with me. It didn't bother me at all and I did not know why. It wasn't until more therapy and posting crap in the Forums that I began to see the light of what was so fvcked up with me.

For the following eight months I did not date. I did go out with a Russian prima dona, but that was it. Done. Spend that time reading Think and Grow Rich, and wrote a novel about rats for kids. Bang.

Then one day I decided to start dating again. Became a member of Match and re-established my membership here. Because of all the techniques and crap that I had learned through here and just reading and posting my own stuff, I practiced what I preached. Contacted very few women. Got 5 dates. Number five was it.

She has kids. She is bat-sh it crazy like me. Even read her some of the crazy post I've had here. And we are going for the long haul, getting ready to build a house in about three weeks.

So there. My fvcking rant.

Mike, sorry about your split.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:51:35 AM
+1 for the above post.

I don't know if I'm doing it right, since that's the first time I've actually felt moved enough by a post to give it a +1. But I find that shared experience enlightening and heartening. Thank you.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/14/2015 9:06:45 AM
"i don't wanna hear from stupid women like you....go away"

That was not in his first post. He posted that AFTER getting suckered punched. That same statement your quoted - he made as a defensive strike ... take the word "women" out of his retort and replace it with "man" and you would have repeated what so many of these cows moo.

So you get laid? Bully for you. I COULD do some old ladies with their f'ed up attitudes but ... the cost is just not worth it. When I was your age I had no problems with romance. My age? Different time? Different values? Before OLD? Better dating market? I am sure all of these had some factor to play. Tango said it best regarding not being with a loser for the sake of being with someone (I hope I did not butcher up paraphrasing your sentiments there TangoFish?)

Honestly, Mike your postings have been polite, clever, and I would not consider you one of the house eunuchs.

On the matter of children. I would generally have not problem with a women with kid(s) but there are some messed up kids (like adults) out. I would have to consider the whole package
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/14/2015 10:19:52 AM

Oh For Goodness Sakes!

Stop dragging that Dead Horse around! Free yourself!

LOL, I'm right there beside ya, kj!
In fact, from my profile, my Headliner
Ladyinred4755: "Isn't the horse dead yet?"

( she does a Google search for "Front-end loader". All the better to dig a big hole with.)

With regard to one's "Marital status", with or with out a partner, etc etc, here in POF here in the Forums:

Good advice, bad advice, can be given by anyone. Good/bad/anything in between, opinions are offered by anyone.
Life experiences, from which we draw our advice or opinions, varies from one person to another, regardless of our past or current, "Marital status". Our perspective of any given subject can be as different as night and day. Some days we are right on the money, and some days not so much.

It is one thing to have a different view point. To see the world we live in, far different from the "guy next door".

It is a completely different matter when one takes their opinion, their view point and claims the reasons for this, that and the other thing is .......................
SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT. BLAME EVERYONE ELSE!
It's HER fault! It's HIS fault. It's THEIR fault!

Sheesh, Cry me a river!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....