Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Does anybody here ... anybody ... watch "Fargo"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chromis1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Does anybody here ... anybody ... watch "Fargo"?Page 1 of 1    
Each episode is blowing me away. I thought it would be really hard to top Season 1, but so far Noah Hawley has pulled it off. We know Molly and Lou will survive, anybody else seems fair game at this point.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Does anybody here ... anybody ... watch Fargo?
Posted: 11/17/2015 11:23:35 AM
Is it on Netflix? I'm always interested in good TV shows.

Checked it out. They only have it on DVD. I'll watch out for it when it becomes available for streaming.

Loved the movie!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/17/2015 11:38:53 AM
Saw the movie of the same name years ago...yet had no idea whether it was related to the television show.
Will have to look it up to see if I can get it on-demand with my television provider. Thanks for the tip!
 Chromis1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2015 12:08:34 PM
It's on FX.

The idea of making a series based on a classic Coen Brothers movie seemed preposterous at the time. So Fargo was introduced last year with little fanfare but it became pretty clear, pretty fast, that Noah Hawley can almost out-Coen the Coens.

Notice how "True Detective" elected to enter the Emmy's Drama category last year, instead of the miniseries category, where it most definitely belonged? This, despite the fact that everybody and their mother knew that the final season of "Breaking Bad" couldn't be beat. My theory is that the producers of the much-ballyhooed, much-hyped "True Detective" couldn't stand the thought of losing to Fargo in the miniseries category, and where was the shame in losing to "Breaking Bad"? Sure enough, at the Golden Globes, True Detective lost to Fargo in the miniseries category.

Try to see season 1 first. Not necessary, but it helps. And season 2 has far exceeded expectations. The Fargo-verse expands and Hawley is absolutely at the top of his game. Maybe the best show on TV.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/17/2015 12:25:39 PM
FX had a free period here for a time. I PVRed a few episodes. But I have to say, it didn't grab me. I know I should like it, but meh. I loved the movie - it's one of my all time faves.
 Chromis1
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2015 1:43:57 PM

If it's movie I'm thinking of.

Complete fiction. But it's the miniseries to which I refer, not the movie. The miniseries carries with it the same conceit ... "This is a true story, some of the facts have been changed to protect the innocent, to honor the dead the rest is told exactly as it occurred". Complete BS, but hilarious BS.

The Coens are very much existentialists - so is Hawley. Camus and Sartre could have written this show.
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/18/2015 10:52:04 AM
Does the series feature a wood chipper anywhere?
 1corey95
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2015 9:20:43 PM
IT's a great show without a doubt. Season 1 was fantastic, but nobody could say that season 2 could top season 1, but in my mind it did. By, its violence, characters, UFO underline means, the true meaning of life as we know it, character and story devices, Philopspcial like think, or be, but you can only do one and the developments in the show. It's without a doubt one of this year of 2015 top shows in my mind.
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/23/2015 2:01:28 PM
Just discovered this series on Hulu Plus. Im still working on first season so no spoilers please? lol
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Does anybody here ... anybody ... watch "Fargo"?