Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > It was going well and she ended it, why? Should i remain friends?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 New2NewYork1234
Msg: 1
view profile
History
It was going well and she ended it, why? Should i remain friends?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Been talking to a girl for 3 months but could only get 5 dates. Basically it went like this:

- Met on Tinder and talked for a while, added her on FB and got her mobile. On Tinder her profile said she is looking for "friends' and personality matters. She said the same to me in the beginning and when we had a rough spot, that friends first and all her past boyfriends started as "friends" (true or not). I told her thats ok but we are friends but dating, and then my intentions are to be more then friends after a few dates.

- Had trouble meeting her or getting a good flow of dates because of her work (and probably because she wasn't so interested).

- First date we had dinner and drinks, and i could tell she was interested as when we were walking she was always close to me shoulder to shoulder. I didnt kiss her because i never on the first date

- Second date we had dinner close to her house and some bar. Great date and conversation. Before i left to get on the train we kissed on the lips for the first time.This was when she walked me to the train station and before i jumped on the train. I knew it was going to happen as she sat right next to me while we were waiting for the train.

- Third date we went to watch a movie at the cinema. She said she was cold and grabbed my hand,i then initiated the kissing. We must of kissed on the lips (and french kiss a bit) 60-100 times. During the movie we would rest our heads on each other. She would rub my biceps, thighs and i would do the same. She took a lot of photos of us together. We got a taxi home, during the taxi ride she rested her head on my shoulder, and kissed me good night, it seemed i was not going home with her that night. Also during this date when we were walking around when i tried to grab her but she said “hands up here” and wouldn’t allow it, when we were kissing she wouldn’t let me kiss her neck.

- Fourth date she organized to have it at a South American place for lunch (she is south American). I could tell she was acting weird a bit. Again we must of kissed a 100 times and acted like bf and gf. She gave me a "Latina" kiss which was the most sexiest kiss i ever received. At this stage i was aroused and standing close to her and grabbing her ass. I wanted to go home with her but she said she was tired and had things to do that night with her friends.

During the fourth date in the beginning she said she was hoping to meet me on Sunday (next day), the next day i waited for her to get back to me and she said she had to catch up with her friend who was going through a break up. Next day she cancelled the date and said the next week end we would spend all week end together. I later found out this was a lie about the sunday and her friend and now she said stated when we last spoke on the phone that she was just so tired and depressed from work that she sleeped all that day. Probably BS as well.
Keep in mind i knew that she was still using Tinder during those four dates, and i deleted it because it kept bothering me and i thought maybe if i deleted it she could see i was a good guy/serious.
Keep in mind that both myself and herself referred to our meetings as “dates”.

Tried texting her a few times the following week but she kept brushing me off as "busy" or "tired'. I sent her another text and didnt get a response for a week. I called her a week later and she didnt recognize my phone number. She pretended that there was something wrong with her mobile but deep down i knew something was up. I know its needy to keep texting a girl but i was genuinely worried about her on why she was acting weird.
We talked for an hour and she suggested we go on a date. At the end of the call i acted a bit needy and maybe scared her off.

She cancelled the date and i had to ask her what was up. She msged back saying she was confused about me, if she loved me as a friend or more. She said our dates were "lovely" but "not amazing" and that there was no "passion" or “love” when we kissed. To me this seemed strange as she seemed so into it. She said maybe we should wait until december after she finishes her visa application and quits her current demanding job and we can try again. I agreed and said thats no problem and i can wait. She then freaked out and said she felt bad i was waiting for her, i tried to explain my life doesn't revolve around her and i can occupy my time with other things but in the end i think i messed up here. She also said that i was probably the best person she has met since moving to this country.

The next day we talked on the phone for 2 hours about "us", and she also told me some personal issues about her that not many people about. Basically she has some mental issues - has depression and takes medication for it, has social anxiety etc. Talked about her good side and "bad side", it got a bit weird. I was glad to help her but i could feel i was slowly becoming her psychologist and going into “friendzone”.

Thinking i wouldn't see her until December surprisingly i got a text from her the next morning asking if i wanted to come over to her place and she would cook dinner for myself and her best friend (female). I thought why not and went there thinking im just a friend now.

When we met she kissed me on the lips like nothing happened.
Her best friend thinks highly of me and said the girl i was dating always talks about me. The best friend tried to set us up i could tell by talking about how sexy the girl is etc.
The best friend went to sleep in the girls room, so when she left i sat next to the girl i was dating. She grabbed my hand, and then i initiated the kissing. We kissed for 10 minutes and she kept saying i was an amazing person. She said she was tired but i knew for what ever reason it was over. I didnt really try to initiate sex because the friend was sleeping on her bed and i drank to much so i couldnt perform. Maybe i should of at least tried to show my intentions but i was just so drunk. However when we were kissing i was grabbing her but, and when i tried to kiss her neck she kept backing away.
Before i caught the taxi home we kissed on the lips good bye.

A few days later i called her on the phone, we talked for 30 minutes. She had to go, but later sent me a photo of the desert she cooked and said she will make it for me "soon". Even though she said she had to have a shower and go to sleep when we last chatted (9pm) she was on facebook and whats app until about 1am.

I called her again the next day (because she said she like to be texted and called every day) but this time the phone rang a few times and it seemed like she picked up the phone and hung up. I texted her if everything was ok and she said she was busy on another call and couldn't chat that night as she had to go to sleep for work the next day. Again she was on facebook and whatsapp until about 1am again. She also said that we should talk on the week end and i suggested friday.

Friday night i texted her after work telling her i couldn't chat because i had a work dinner. I also told her that i finally decided to join kick boxing and do salsa classes. Her response was "but i cant do salsa". So i don't know if i made her upset or something.

So i waited a few days and thought i would give it a final shot. Monday morning i sent the most neediest pathetic text. I sent her a text telling her that i really found her to be an amazing person and she was so different to most girl, and thought she was really strong for coming to a new country with no friends or family and doing tough jobs like being a cleaner or dish washer and sticking it out. Also told her that she had the most prettiest smiles i had ever seen. Cringe worthy i know but i thought i would give it a final shot
 New2NewYork1234
Msg: 2
view profile
History
It was going well and she ended it, why? Should i remain friends?
Posted: 11/23/2015 6:42:41 PM
She then sent me back a massive text saying she has spent all week end thinking about me, and that she had to make a decision immediately about us. She said the more she thought of us the more she loved me as a friend and she felt really bad about me. And it hurts her that she cant see more than a friend as i have all the qualities she is looking for. It was a shame that she couldn't love me more then a friend - I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

We agreed to talk on the phone after work. We ended up talking on the phone for 2 hours. It was an awkward phone call. She began to cry as she said she felt bad that she met me who had every quality she was looking for but what ever reason she just didn't understand why she couldn't be my gf. She said if she could she would be my gf but her heart wouldn't allow her.
She said its all about "passion" to her and that there was no passion when we kissed, or she didn’t feel any “love” when we kissed. She said that when we kissed on the second or third date it was lovely but an accident. The fourth date she just did it to try to see and make sure but she wasn't really into coming to meet me that day. To me she said she wasn't into it but i have never been kissed by a girl so passionately before, so i dont know if she was lying. To me it seemed like she was into it (we must of kissed 100 times). She said she was confused, she fell in love with my personality, great company and lovely heart.

I asked her about the fith date with her friend and why we kissed even though she said she was over me by that stage. She said when we first kissed when we met it was just out of "habit" we did it so many times it just happened naturally. And when i asked her about when we kissed for 10 minutes before i left she said "it just happened". I don’t believe her answer.

I pretty much told her its ok and not her fault that she doesn't find me physically attractive. She was silent on the phone so i knew thats what the problem was. (I admit i am ugly an ugly dude).
She pretty much said there was no chance in us being bf and gf, or that we would kiss again. That if i was to be her friend i would have to reject all emotion i have for her. She even suggested we take a few weeks break.

The strange thing was that she said she still loves my company and spending time with me, and would like to talk on the phone and go to dinners, but no kissing or being bf and gf. It got to a point were she was almost begging for me to keep being her friend and talking to her.

In the end of the phone call she said she will sitting here, waiting for my phone call or text. So its my move on what to do. I told her im not sure if we should be friends as it will be awkward between us.
She said that when she received my text saying i was a bit surprised and a bit sad that it ended like this that she had trouble going to work and she even thought about just leaving Australia and going back to her home country. Supposedly she had a long chat with her mother about me as well on what to do.
 New2NewYork1234
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 6:46:19 PM
Sorry for the wall of text, I really tried to make it smaller but I couldn't, a lot has happened in 3 months.

Why did she end it? I don't think I was too slow. Maybe she wasn't into me too much and thought to give me a go as I was a "nice guy". Maybe she found the bigger better deal, maybe it was bad timing with her work and other stuff making her busy. Maybe I got to needy and serious after the 3rd and 4th date. Maybe she couldn't find me attractive enough even though she loved my personality and company.

Should I continue being her friend? I don't mind being friends with women - but I am worried I might be being used or the friendship will only benefit her.

I really don't know what to do
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/23/2015 6:46:28 PM
My suggestion is to seek the company of a woman who just as eagerly wishes to be with you.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/23/2015 6:51:00 PM
NewYork.

A question.
Does she have Australian residency?
Is she beautiful and you feel (because you are so ugly, which I am sure you are not) she is higher on the 0-10 beauty scale and how in the world can you possibly get a woman so stunning?

This reads so much like a woman wanting to lure you in, get you to do just about anything for her, marriage, baby, then get her residency, move her family over and either have you support the whole lot or the Aussie tax payer.

I guarrantee that you are not her only potential quarry.

If she wants to go home to her own country.
Let her.
You may have saved everyone a lot of money.

vvvv ATTENTION ERICvvvvvv

I think he lives near Canberra in the ACT of Australia. (Australian Capital Territory)
An area mainly populated by students, politicians and public servants.
Canberra ACT is our national capital city.

But I could be wrong.
Have been wrong many, many times.
 gtomustang
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/23/2015 6:55:29 PM
it sounds like there are enough things in the way, that its worth letting her go. Maybe she kissed b/c she felt the full moon, or she was feeling the alcohol, or you're an ugly dude who knows the proper way to kiss. But, it sounds like you got as much as you're going to get from her. Be glad you didn't miss out on that, and move along to someone who's a better "investment" so to speak.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/23/2015 7:04:42 PM
New2NewYork...you reside in one of the most remarkable, exciting, and populous cities in the entire world.
Conventional late-autumn dating advice is to begin curtailing serious dating efforts until after Christmas. ;-)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 7:05:38 PM
I would say the girl was trying to ignite some spark between you that just was not happening. She likes all your positive qualities and her head said you would be a great boyfriend but her heart and other regions were saying "no chemistry".

Just let her go. She is looking for someone with the whole package and I would not be asking her out on any more dinners that you are paying for. You don't want someone will be ambivalent and hot and cold.

You say you are in New York and Canberra Australia? I am confused. The girl wants to go back to South America from Australia? Where exactly are you???

If you decide to try online dating again, I would be reworking that profile if I were you.
Take care of the spelling and add more interesting information etc.

New2NewYork1234
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 7:13:51 PM
[A question.
Does she have Australian residency?
Is she beautiful and you feel (because you are so ugly, which I am sure you are not) she is higher on the 0-10 beauty scale and how in the world can you possibly get a woman so stunning?

This reads so much like a woman wanting to lure you in, get you to do just about anything for her, marriage, baby, then get her residency, move her family over and either have you support the whole lot or the Aussie tax payer.

I guarrantee that you are not her only potential quarry.

If she wants to go home to her own country.
Let her.
You may have saved everyone a lot of money.]

No she only came here to study English for 4 months, but now wants to get an extension for 2 years. She will find out in the next few days whats up with that.

You are right about the looks thing, she is very beautiful and has many admirers. And I admit I am a desperate man as I usually can only get a date or two a year if I am lucky. Maybe she could sense the desperation in me, maybe that's why she has the "power" in the "relationship:". I maybe showed my cards to early.

All I know is her brother is sending her money for the visa and school fees, the money she makes from working also helps, and she mentioned a south American male friend is giving her money as well. Maybe its nothing but I found it strange a male friend would give her money to help for her Visa.

She said she is not dating anyone but it could most probably be a lie.
 New2NewYork1234
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 7:17:19 PM
[I would say the girl was trying to ignite some spark between you that just was not happening. She likes all your positive qualities and her head said you would be a great boyfriend but her heart and other regions were saying "no chemistry".

Just let her go. She is looking for someone with the whole package and I would not be asking her out on any more dinners that you are paying for. You don't want someone will be ambivalent and hot and cold.

You say you are in New York and Canberra Australia? I am confused. The girl wants to go back to South America from Australia? Where exactly are you???

If you decide to try online dating again, I would be reworking that profile if I were you.
Take care of the spelling and add more interesting information etc.]

Yeah I was thinking the same, I have everything a girl wants except for sex appeal lol. It was a bitter pill to take.

I just find it weird we can go to kissing almost a 100 times and getting very touchy and feely to nothing.

I guess my question is should I continue to try to be her friend on a platonic level?

I modified my dating profile on this website as I am embarrassed to talk about this subject and I don't want people to find out who I am.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/23/2015 7:22:00 PM
My darling man NewYork.
RUN.
RUN FAST.

There are lots and lots and lots of lovely Aussie girls who would love to meet you.
Go and get involved with activities on any of the campuses. ANU, Uni of Canberra etc.
Join some clubs that have both male and female members.
Stay away from a student like her who wants residency. It will not end well.
At least you have not had sex with her so she cannot claim that she is pregnant to you.
If you have already given her any money, consider it a gift. You will never see it again.

There are so many who are seeking a lovely man like you to use you then you will end up supporting the entire family.
You are absolutely not the only man she is trying this with.

Another question...... If she is such a good girl, where did she learn to kiss like that to make you soooooo hot?
Perhaps it is a trade secret?
If so she is not the first 'professional' to use her skills to entice an Aussie man to do ANYTHING.
Touchy feely to 'nothing' until you put a ring on it, then get her pregnant.

Do not be embarrased too much.
Treat it as a learning experience.

You have enjoyed her company and leave it at that.

Some of those South American women are stunning so anyone who finds out will understand your attraction.

New2NewYork1234
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 7:43:32 PM

My darling man NewYork.
RUN.
RUN FAST.

There are lots and lots and lots of lovely Aussie girls who would love to meet you.
Go and get involved with activities on any of the campuses. ANU, Uni of Canberra etc.
Join some clubs that have both male and female members.
Stay away from a student like her who wants residency. It will not end well.
At least you have not had sex with her so she cannot claim that she is pregnant to you.
If you have already given her any money, consider it a gift. You will never see it again.

There are so many who are seeking a lovely man like you to use you then you will end up supporting the entire family.
You are absolutely not the only man she is trying this with.

Another question...... If she is such a good girl, where did she learn to kiss like that to make you soooooo hot?
Perhaps it is a trade secret?
If so she is not the first 'professional' to use her skills to entice an Aussie man to do ANYTHING.
Touchy feely to 'nothing' until you put a ring on it, then get her pregnant.

Do not be embarrased too much.
Treat it as a learning experience.

You have enjoyed her company and leave it at that.

Some of those South American women are stunning so anyone who finds out will understand your attraction.

You are probably right. When we had our emotional talks she used to say how she is a 'bad' girl and cant control her 'bad side' when her mother is not around. What ever that means.

I know she uses online dating to get an ego boost, and talks to those men to improve her English (she told me that). She has depression and anxiety issues, and from what I can tell has self esteem issues. Most girls in their 20's use online dating from an ego boost from my experience and what people tell me.

Whats done is done. Im still 50/50 on whether I should remain friends with her. I must admit I do like talking to her and spending time with her. And maybe through her I can meet new people and if she is a true friend maybe she can help me find a girl.

Still thinking about it
 tangofish
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 8:08:49 PM
I'm going to make a couple of very strong points, you're not going to be able to argue with my logic, but you're going to stay in contact with her, even as she guts you.

First, you know that being friends with her equates to emotional investment. And you know that she will burn you at every turn. You go out with her, she meets a guy, you become gutted by the experience, she doesn't help you find a girl.

Second and moreover, you spent a lot of time creating this thread. That leads me to believe that you spend a significant portion of the day thinking about her. To what end I dont know, but I'd wager that you think it possible to change her, or that she will come around. But that won't happen, whatever you concoct in your mind won't justify your staying connected with her, but you will believe your good intentions, and they will lead you straight down a road of hell.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/23/2015 8:09:30 PM
There are tons of available women in New York. Why spend so much time and energy in someone who is just not that into you?
 New2NewYork1234
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 8:28:02 PM

I'm going to make a couple of very strong points, you're not going to be able to argue with my logic, but you're going to stay in contact with her, even as she guts you.

First, you know that being friends with her equates to emotional investment. And you know that she will burn you at every turn. You go out with her, she meets a guy, you become gutted by the experience, she doesn't help you find a girl.

Second and moreover, you spent a lot of time creating this thread. That leads me to believe that you spend a significant portion of the day thinking about her. To what end I dont know, but I'd wager that you think it possible to change her, or that she will come around. But that won't happen, whatever you concoct in your mind won't justify your staying connected with her, but you will believe your good intentions, and they will lead you straight down a road of hell.

You are mostly right.

I still have a small 1% of hope that one day she may change her mind about me. I have seen couples start out like that and read about them, but I know its very rare.
To combat this I am going to try meet as many people as I can, but it will be hard as im not ladies man.

I made a detailed thread to try understand what I did wrong, what I could of better done, what she did wrong, but yeah also maybe in hopes of finding a way to get her back to liking me.

Im just trying to work out if she is really a genuine good friend or a user. I will admit in the past women have made lousy friends and when they get a bf they disappear. But if she really thinks highly of me maybe she can help me and be a good friend. That's what I am trying to work out.

There will always be that small 1% feeling in me for her, but I think I can move on.

As bad as this sounds, I just want to see if I can use her as a resource - which hopefully leads to making more friends or helping me find a girlfri3d.

I don't like burning bridges
 New2NewYork1234
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 8:55:44 PM

There are tons of available women in New York. Why spend so much time and energy in someone who is just not that into you?

Easy, im a desperate man lol

I have tried many dating sites and I have a 99% fail rate.

I don't consider my self fat but I will try to get more lean over Christmas, and then try take professional photo shots to try increase my chances with online dating. When you are in your late 20's/early 30's its hard to meet girls.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/23/2015 9:25:55 PM

Been talking to a girl for 3 months but could only get 5 dates.

I stopped right here.

If you can't get 3 dates in 7-10 days, the interest is...lukewarm at best.

Yeah, yeah, sh!t happens, but in general, in the beginning, if the attraction is mutual, you won't be waiting 3 months for 5 dates.

Go to a nightclub and see how successful you are...
 NJgirl116
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/23/2015 9:46:09 PM
OP do you view her as a friend? As in, dictionary definition of "friend"? Is there mutual care and regard, mutual desire to spend time together, etc? I don't get that feeling. I'd move on and associate with people who want to associate with me.
 crabdipper
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/23/2015 10:00:41 PM

There are tons of available women in New York.

It's not the New York most of us think of. New york, ACT is in Australia.
Castle explained it in message #5.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/23/2015 10:48:44 PM
castlehillsmile...thanks for the clarification.
Missed the "ACT" part when viewing profile.

New2NewYork...this woman is occupying far too much rent-free space in your brain.
There is no reason to hope against hope for some vague 1% chance for success.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/24/2015 11:42:00 AM

i tried to grab her

i was aroused and standing close to her and grabbing her ass.

This isn’t how to initiate and/or escalate intimacy. Don’t “grab” at a woman like she’s a walking sex toy.

IMO this is what turned her off. She’s from a different culture and new to whatever area you live in, but you waited for her to initiate “dates” and kissing, then just assume you are going home with her, based on nothing but “making out.” You’ve forced her to be the one running every minute of the show but probably wants her man to do that.

She gave you several chances but she just wasn’t feeling it with you.

I agree with comment above that you don’t seem to have a caring interest in her; rather, a selfish one.
 New2NewYork1234
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:01:26 PM
She said the reason shy she ended was the more she thought of me the more she thought I was a good friend. She said that when we kissed she didn't feel any love or passion. It didn't feel like that from my end but what ever.

I think its woman speak for "im not that into you" or "I love your personality and company but not you physically".

Why knows maybe there is another reason but she isn't telling the truth. What I do know its pretty much over with her.

Why did she end it? Unless she explained at the time you'll never know so stop getting all worked up about it.
Should you try to stay friends? Are you out of your mind? Don't you already have friends?
Move on. Lots of other women out there.
 New2NewYork1234
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:04:45 PM
I get nothing when I go to bars or clubs.

I have a 99% fail rate with online dating lol, hence why I maybe tried to hard with this one.

I know 5 dates in 3 months is bad, but in the beginning when we chatted a lot online but couldn't meet because of her work schedule was pretty bad. Maybe im just making excuses.

I stopped right here.

If you can't get 3 dates in 7-10 days, the interest is...lukewarm at best.

Yeah, yeah, sh!t happens, but in general, in the beginning, if the attraction is mutual, you won't be waiting 3 months for 5 dates.

Go to a nightclub and see how successful you are...
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:49:01 PM
That girl came here to snare a man for residency, because why travel so far just to learn English? I think you know she is getting financial support because she is putting out sexually, right?? She feels guilty because she is indoctrinated in the Catholic religion which suppresses female sexuality, is my feeling.

If she is willing to have you around as a friend only then sure she may introduce you to some friends but be wary they may also be out to exploit and use a guy.

As for ego boosts from online attention, it is not real and just from strangers who are looking for sex and saying whatever it takes to get the girl in. After a while any intelligent girl realises how shallow it all is and gets sick of it.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/24/2015 11:59:43 PM
You are an Engineer and are going to analyze, dissect, and relive this until you go insane.

You're not getting the answers here that you were hoping for, but you are getting excellent answers.

Heed the advice.
The 1% chance you give yourself is overly generous....forget her and move on before you can't get out of her web.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > It was going well and she ended it, why? Should i remain friends?