Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Weirest/Lamest or Craziest Excuse      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 borderlady
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Weirest/Lamest or Craziest ExcusePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Just kind of curious what some of the Craziest or Worse Excuse you have had from someone who decided to postpone or cancel a meeting.
After emailing, texting and a couple of phone calls over a 2 month period we were going to meet for lunch.
The night before he said he wasn't able to make his appointment for his hair cut that day so would have to postpone the meeting.
Anyone have a weirder excuse for not meeting ???
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 2
Weirest/Lamest or Craziest Excuse
Posted: 12/8/2015 3:38:05 PM
A poster on here had a man not turn up but left a message for her saying "I am a dog"
 irishgirl772
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/8/2015 4:13:33 PM
One guy was running late because he had to get gas. After an hour of waiting, I left. I doubt he showed since I never heard from him again.
Ive also heard the 'I lost/broke my phone' excuse a time or two. Lame. Like who believes that anyway?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2015 4:17:19 PM
Just like the old excuse " I have to wash my hair", that some women used to use......

I did text one guy who wanted to meet up that I had to attend my father's funeral the day he wanted to meet. I kind of doubt he believed me as he never contacted me again and never offered even a token commisseration. The thing is, it was true....
 Walts
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/8/2015 5:15:34 PM
Had one girl text me and tell me she couldn't make it cause she was drunk.

I looked at her lying passed out on my couch, and nodded my head in agreement when I read it.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/8/2015 5:51:47 PM
^ We had a verbal agreement that that incident would never be mentioned in polite company. Where the hell is that lawyer?
 ndm147
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/8/2015 6:01:13 PM
One guy was too quick to meet up but I agreed. He did not like to talk on the phone. We spoke briefly in the hot Texas summer over the phone and he said he had multiple properties he was fixing up ( I was not impressed). We made a date for the next night at a sports bar. He was a no show. I texted him for a few hours and went home. He called me the next day, at first saying he had not gotten my texts, then found them. His excuse was: while working outside in the heat, he got heat stroke and a migrane. His plumber gave him some meds for the head ache and he went into a coma like sleep for the next 24 hours, missing our "date." What BS!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/8/2015 6:02:17 PM
See, you let him get away with a technical freebie. No court would ever consider this motley bunch to be "polite company." You should have had a lawyer before the agreement.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/8/2015 6:12:15 PM
Letitia,
I did text one guy who wanted to meet up that I had to attend my father's funeral the day he wanted to meet. I kind of doubt he believed me as he never contacted me again and never offered even a token commisseration. The thing is, it was true....

Oh I so understand. My ex fiance' stood me up for my mom's funeral. Evidently, he figured out there was no inheritance.

Le Pew
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/8/2015 6:25:54 PM

His plumber gave him some meds for the head ache and he went into a coma like sleep for the next 24 hours, missing our "date."

That’s what he gets for taking meds from his plumber. :/

“I was in a coma.” Almost as good as, “I had amnesia.” :O
 Walts
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/8/2015 7:02:33 PM

Where the hell is that lawyer?

I explained my distaste for lawyers, and I also told you never to talk about him again.

Of course, when I did this, you were already into the bottle.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/8/2015 7:23:32 PM
^ He wasn't a lawyer! He was a plumber - a plumber with amnesia! You have no case.
 south_city
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/8/2015 7:58:56 PM
I made plans for a first date / meeting. About 30 minutes before the date was supposed to begin, she texted me and claimed the distance was too far. We only lived about 15-20 minutes from each other. Having said that, I would prefer a lame excuse or a white lie over the "disappearing act"
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/8/2015 8:11:33 PM
I remember once talking to a fellow who lived downtown and didn't drive. I live in the suburbs. He was insistent that it wasn't an issue, and made plans to meet me for a coffee midtown.

The morning we were supposed to meet he called me and cancelled because it was raining and he didn't want to take the bus in the rain!
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/8/2015 8:32:55 PM
This man eventually showed up.
But was very, very late.

I rang him, or sent a text, I don't remember, as I was leaving to confirm all was good.
We were meeting at a cafe inside a plant nursery.

I arrived, he did not.

I ordered a coffee, a glass of wine and a Bruscetta before he turned up very late.
He was wearing thongs, shorts and brought no cash.

He told me he had locked his wallet in his car so had to go to his mum, who lives nearby it seems, to borrow hers.
Then his dog stole his shoes and dropped one in the fish pond, hence him wearing very casual shoes and he thought it better to change into more casual clothing rather than nice clothes and thongs.
I offered to buy him a coffee or wine.
He declined.

I finished my lunch, paid, got up and said good bye.
He asked if he could come to my house for sex.

There was NO second date.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2015 9:04:10 PM
It's the elaborate ones that are the most annoying to me. It's so obvious that they are making them up, and it's insulting that they think I require such lies, in order to get me to go away politely.

Not that weird, but I've had things like that she was at an earlier gathering and misplaced her car keys. I correctly suspected (and later confirmed from her friends), that she simply hooked up with what she thought was a BBD.

I have such a low tolerance for excuses now, that I cross people off my list as soon as they give the first cautionary. Because some people give hints in advance, that they are the cut-and-run type.

If it's too complicated to arrange the meet to begin with, I wont bother. Because that always means they are setting up an excuse to bail.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/8/2015 9:14:58 PM
Well I told the story on here about a guy canceling because he was hungover "after a dinner out with his sister the night before" - when I was already on my way and had paid a hefty NYC bridge toll. He wanted to reschedule... I declined.

I'm fine with "sorry, I can't make it." No need for an excuse... if I get an excuse, I treat it the same as "sorry, I can't make it." Disappearing - now that's not cool. Thankfully hasn't happened to me that much.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/8/2015 9:15:13 PM
Really? We do not want to see your lame vid. wed v did.

Fug off.

Yes,
LePew on POF
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/8/2015 9:19:32 PM
Sometimes the excuses are legitimate, you know. One time I'd arranged to meet a guy after work but I had to go out of town for work that day, and I kept getting waylaid. When I finally got back in town I texted the guy again, but he said it was too late - he had just gone grocery shopping and his iced cream was melting :(
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/8/2015 9:21:35 PM
I just want to take the time to scream on post.
LePew.. who is tired of trying to match profiles.

Just tired and deleting. Night all.
 carolann0308
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2015 8:25:45 AM
Two months of talking and he blew you off? That's a lot of wasted time.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/9/2015 10:02:23 AM

The night before he said he wasn't able to make his appointment for his hair cut that day so would have to postpone the meeting.
Anyone have a weirder excuse for not meeting ???

He told me that Rhea Dyer came a knockin'.
 tangofish
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2015 11:00:30 AM
Unfortunately I have to admit that I backed out twice. Mainly because I was on drugs - my excuse was that I wasn't in a good place to date, which was the truth because I was either strung out, messed up or both lol.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2015 6:22:35 PM
ndm147

you got to give the guy points for an imaginative excuse. I would never meet anyone at night where there is alcohol and crowds for a first meet. Just saying.....
 feelingsounloved
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/11/2015 5:06:40 AM
I had a guy cancel out on me because he did a few errands, and was too tired. Told him to man up and called him a puzzy and to never waste my time again! Lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Weirest/Lamest or Craziest Excuse