Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jaja808
Msg: 1
profile reviewPage 1 of 1    
This picture is what I actually look like. I Don't know if I should dress up and fake a life on a picture to get more responses or what. When I post a picture when I had long hair about 4 or 5 years ago with makeup. I get messages galore. I don't wear makeup in real life. I wonder if I should just talk to the very few who respond to what I actually look like today, or if I should put up glamor shots to have more to choose from?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 2
profile review
Posted: 12/19/2015 8:41:36 PM
Hi OP,
It may be a good idea to have more than one shot, one casual and one dressed up. Do you put on makeup when you go to a wedding or party? That would be a good shot. If you just have a plain shot you will get less attention, but you know that already. I'm with you, I hardly ever put on makeup, but I force myself to do it for dates... if I care. :-)
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 3
profile review
Posted: 12/20/2015 4:26:50 AM
You have no pics to review so it's pointless to comment on that aspect (they are hidden at this time). I am not about to request one be sent for me to see it.

I think you'll likely have a rough time getting many responses from quality guys but I guess that's ok as you are looking for 'smartazzes' anyway.

Your 'About Me' comes off as vaguely insulting to the reader, kind of like saying "You are not as bad as everyone says." And as a 34 y.o. student with kids you are bringing a few un-elucidated issues to the table. These must be explained somehow, even if you are only looking for a 'friend'. You are single but have kids? Still married then? If not then the correct marital status is 'Divorced'.

This whole thing comes off as a thinly veiled "Am I pretty" post (which are not allowed.) You are on a DATING site and usually the end result desired is a relationship of some sort. You seem very ambivalent so why don't you work on that aspect and get back to us when you are ready.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 4
profile review
Posted: 12/21/2015 10:43:22 PM

You are single but have kids? Still married then? If not then the correct marital status is 'Divorced'.

I'm guessing if OP were divorced she would have put divorced. She is an unmarried mother, which DOES happen, my Mom had my brother out of wedlock at 37, and she married my father when she was already pregnant with me.
 jaja808
Msg: 5
profile review
Posted: 12/21/2015 10:52:14 PM
I was separated in 2009 and divorced in 2011 or 12. How many years am I required to talk about my ex-husband? I'm over him and I'm not someone who thinks of myself as "divorced". Single and divorced equate to the same thing but one has more negative connotations. I'm recently out of a relationship and looking for going on dates on the weekends when my kids are with their dad.
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
profile review
Posted: 12/21/2015 11:19:54 PM
It really doesn't matter what you put as you are obviously truly not looking for anything serious. (so says your intent and your "looking for".) There are a large number of people for whom 'divorced' is an issue so if the time comes when you do decide to make the effort at a legit profile, if you were legally married and are now legally divorced, don't bullsh1t your viewer. It's not fair to waste anyone's time.
 ndm147
Msg: 7
profile review
Posted: 12/22/2015 11:17:31 AM
Interesting topic as what to put down as your status: married, divorced, single or widowed. I had a very long conversation with family members about my status. I am widowed but consider myself single now. They insist I am widowed, not single. Legally, financially and tax wise I am now single. Perhaps we need a new category called un-married. I have some male friends that have been divorced for a long time, will mention the ex, but consider themselves single also at this point.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 8
view profile
History
profile review
Posted: 12/22/2015 3:16:25 PM
You are evasive about your body type so guys assume you are fat. You want nothing serious, just some week end fun so you may attract the players. Men are visual and looking as nice and sexy as you can is important or they click next. If you load old pics it is on you if you actually meet up and are not as represented.

Single covers a lot of situations but the bottom line is that you have kids but no partner.
 glamourgirl01234
Msg: 9
profile review
Posted: 12/24/2015 1:25:11 AM
I keep most of my pix private, too! :)

But, I have one that I use publicly. I would like to suggest you do the same. Even if it's a little mysterious.
That way at least you have a pix up there and when you write back cute guys that contact you, they can see the rest of your pix in a second act. It's like a reveal in theatrics and I happen to be an accomplished actress!
 jaja808
Msg: 10
profile review
Posted: 2/1/2016 1:41:39 AM
I updated the body of my profile if anyone cares to read it and tell me why they hate it, would be much appreciated?
 Forums_only
Msg: 11
profile review
Posted: 2/1/2016 6:41:20 AM
If I were a guy looking for a gullible woman for a booty call, it would be perfect.
If I were a guy looking for a relationship with someone who had their sh1t together, I'd pass.

As you are apparently going for the more 'casual' version, don't change a thing.
 jaja808
Msg: 12
profile review
Posted: 2/1/2016 9:24:54 AM
Well I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the feedback.
 jaja808
Msg: 13
profile review
Posted: 2/1/2016 9:38:08 AM
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 jaja808
Msg: 14
profile review
Posted: 2/1/2016 10:29:04 AM
I changed up [some] of the things that could be misconstrued as wanting casual sex, but men are good at construing towards that without any help. I thought my headline was funny because I like Snoop Lion, but it does look less Booty Call-esque without that headline. Now the headline reads, bitter divorcee', but i guess its better than what it was. I also will curtail some sentences. I need to do a photo shoot one of these days, but I'm not attracted or interested in the vast majority of guys in my area. I hate being up on display for every pound of life I carry being dissected.
 Forums_only
Msg: 15
profile review
Posted: 2/1/2016 8:00:53 PM
Yes, the headline screams 'bitter divorcee', the but intent is still waving its arms around going 'booty call, booty call'. Your call.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review