Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How do you spend New Years Eve?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hostess68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do you spend New Years Eve?Page 1 of 1    
Personally I will be tucked up in my PJs with Jools Holland and a single malt! How about you? I for one am exhausted after Christmas and really really enjoy my own company after all the festive madness, in my house, all snuggled, probably in my new Christmas jarmies all snuggled x
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do you spend New Years Eve?
Posted: 12/31/2015 1:46:34 AM
With friends but would rather be tucked up with a beer and a book.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2015 2:41:34 AM
Edinburgh has the big street party but it is overpriced and a nightmare trying to get home to the scheme that i stay in. Still the tourists seem to love it and the fireworks display is fantastic (but you can see it from most places in eburgh).

I liked hogmanay years ago. Boozer then round all the mates houses. Away first footing. Everyones ma had made homemade soup and you were made to eat it lol. Carrying your new years bottle.

But this year i shall hit the boozer this afternoon for a few pints. Hame about 8 ish and dub myself up with a few cans. When the bells come I'll phone the bairn, phone the love of my life in canada, phone some mates, text others, email some pals from here.

Drink the health of my family. Drink a toast to the memory of my ma, dad and sister. Drink a toast to friends and drink a toast to friends no longer here (the list gets longer every year)

Then bang my sleeping tablets and get a good sleep.

Football on saturday where i will imbibe plenty.

And if you are staying in on your own here is a wee toast to give yourself. Written by the Burns lad.

Here's tae us; wha's like us?
Gey few, and they're a' deid.

May those who live truly be always believed,
And those who deceive us be always deceived.

Here's to the men of all classes,
Who through lasses and glasses
Will make themselves asses!

I drink to the health of another,
And the other I drink to is he
In the hope that he drinks to another,
And the other he drinks to is me.

Then let us toast John Barleycorn,
Each man a glass in hand
And may his great prosperity
Ne'er fail in old Scotland!
 Hostess68
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2015 11:37:29 AM
N'awww! Thanks for that vlad dracul. Also drinking to a few who left me but also feeling blessed as 2015 sent me some inspirational and wonderful new friends. I wish the best for you All in 2016. Peace love and unity xxx
 Aggers
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2015 1:03:47 PM
Unfortunately due to the inadequate matches on dating sites, but there are plenty and it is just due to "their own" horrendous attitudes, it is just Thirsday night! Work in the morning!

Happy New Year!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2015 1:37:16 PM
Hostess
"N'awww! Thanks for that vlad dracul. Also drinking to a few who left me but also feeling blessed as 2015 sent me some inspirational and wonderful new friends. I wish the best for you All in 2016. Peace love and unity xxx"

Cheers pal. Im just back from the boozer. Fvck me all we spoke about was folk who popped their clogs lol.

All you folk who visit the uk forum i wish nothing but good luck and best wishes.

Messages this short bollocks
But hey got the smiths belting like.

Stella in the fridge. Nae spirits. My lassie wouldnt let me.

Messages this short again.

There is a light and it never goes out.

Ffs how much do i have to write?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2016 4:25:05 AM
That much Vlad!

I was driving so wasn't drinking, well a couple of beers over 7 hours. Haven't had such a hangover for years.

I know I dislike Christmas / New Year but only now it's over can I feel a real sense of calm returning to me. I'm divorced, no kids, no family locally and even then just the one sister and her family 140 miles away and my parents are long gone, so it simply can't be a family event that so many people enjoy. The forced "you will enjoy yourself" is too much for people like me. So pleased to get back to normal, whatever that is.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 8
How did you spend New Years Eve?
Posted: 1/2/2016 7:30:08 AM
I'm with Chappie (not literally)
This 'you will have fun' rule, coupled with awful tv
turns the whole thing into an endurance trial for those
of us that are (totally) single.
I'm glad to emerge into what passes for normality.........

TucsonPug
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 4:11:09 AM
I've never been a fan of Christmas or New year tbh and I don't drink so spending time with people out of their skull isn't my idea of fun. I don't mind anyone drinking but getting legless is beyond me and they think they are so funny and entertaining too.
So I spent New years eve at home with the dogs and chilled.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How do you spend New Years Eve?