Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men, would you date a woman that is pregnant? Why or why not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AventuraExotica
Msg: 1
Men, would you date a woman that is pregnant? Why or why not?Page 1 of 1    
I'm just curious as to how many men would actually consider dating a woman who is pregnant. Someone who may be single or is in process of ending a relationship. Remember she wants to date a man and not wanting or looking for a father for the baby. I ask because I am currently in this situation. 6 years ago with my pregnancy I dated at that time and everything actually went pretty well. What would you do?
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Men, would you date a woman that is pregnant? Why or why not?
Posted: 1/2/2016 12:08:12 AM
Simply utilize the same technique with your current pregnancy as you did six years ago with your earlier pregnancy.
 Maleman999
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/2/2016 6:40:23 AM
Why did you start multiple threads asking the same question?
 Walts
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/2/2016 8:36:19 AM

I'm just curious as to how many men would actually consider dating a woman who is pregnant. Someone who may be single or is in process of ending a relationship. Remember she wants to date a man and not wanting or looking for a father for the baby. I ask because I am currently in this situation. 6 years ago with my pregnancy I dated at that time and everything actually went pretty well. What would you do?

All kinds of things are going to be typed here, and I'm telling you right now, this is not a slag on you, personally BUT, you seem to need some history lessons here.

What "kind" men do YOU think will consider dating a woman this is pregnant from another? How about what kind of man would date a woman that has been in this situation more than once? And this "type" of man, do YOU believe it's possible he will hang around longer than this "dating" that you have suggested?

You say you "dated" 6 years ago, and it "went pretty well". What does that even mean? You got to have "fun" while carrying your child thru pregnancy? And after this "dating" what happened next? And why are you considering "dating" at this period of your life, and your future child's? What is this goal of yours with this "dating" thingy?

Answer this, and you will come up with the answer to this so very important topic at this time of your life.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/2/2016 10:47:17 AM
Why would you want to date when you are pregnant. I would be more focused on the pregnancy. Obviously less than 9 months ago you were with someone you thought enough of to get pregnant and that failed. So why are you chasing tail now. Why not just have your beautiful baby and get your shyt together. Why are you even looking for a man? If this seems harsh I know 50 other peeps that would say the same thing. Why date now?
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/2/2016 1:16:01 PM
I would not want to date a pregnant woman that was not interested in anything serious.
 carolann0308
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2016 3:07:47 PM
I can only answer as to what I would want my son or brother to do, I would be upset. I would be very concerned that the woman is not very discerning about her choice of partners and that drama with the baby's father could lead to danger.
It would be the last thought my mind if I was pregnant.
 south_city
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/2/2016 4:53:33 PM
No. I want nothing to do with a pregnant woman. Unless the baby is mine.
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 7:55:48 AM
Absolutely no way no how would I even consider dating a woman who is pregnant. I get that people have sex, but I don't need an obvious reminder that she may have had unprotected sex with somebody else recently. 

Baby daddy drama is a strong possibility here. No thanks!

OP...how come these guys don't stick around after knocking you up? I'm puzzled...

I see you posted this in the single parent section, too.
 Maleman999
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/3/2016 8:50:06 AM
Here's a revolutionary idea OP: How about you dating the baby daddy? He would-or should-have more interest in your condition than some stranger.
 abc1129
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/3/2016 11:59:44 AM
Not a chance for obvious reasons. What kind of person gets pregnant and wants to be with someone other than the father to be?
 dpwesu
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/4/2016 5:22:18 AM
OP....are you stupid???? or just looking for attention?

Here's a novel idea.....why don't you learn what protection is, learn how to use it, or better yet.....stop sleeping with these idiots you seem to attract......

Dating should be the LAST thing on your mind.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 5:51:41 AM
It'd take a rare situation for a guy to want to date a gal who's pregnant. And I would hope that it'd take a rare situation for a gal to want to date a guy while she's pregnant. I can understand wanting to be wanted, but the potential of drama of dating -- while pregnant? Sheesh! :) We aren't wired to find-someone-new that's currently pregnant, so there's your summary answer.

I can understand wanting to be wanted, and (shucks) missing out on that, just like drinking. But that's the way one should expect it to roll. A rare situation where it'd be more feasible would be a guy who likes the girl a lot, both have known each other for many years, and they date while she is pregnant (would most likely take the gal being out of his league and/or a huge crush had about her for years).

Meeting someone fresh & new while pregnant? Is the guy going to want to sign up for a relationship with "this cute girl Tina, who's 6 months along with some other dude's baby"? Ummm, no. Okay, okay -- I can understand casual/lite dating... which is motivated by sexual desires if a relationship isn't desired (otherwise you're just friends). How many guys are going to want to be FWB or casual dating with "this cute girl Tina, who's 6 months along with some other dude's baby"? Not many, unless she's definitely otherwise out of his league and he finds it kinda cool/kinky/different or something.

Best to give up dating along with drinking if you're going to have zero chance of continuing to be seeing the guy who impregnated ya. Wait until you get your newborn born and on its feet until you begin thinking about dating.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/4/2016 12:08:18 PM
and while OP's profile says that she is not single/not looking.

does that mean that baby Daddy # 1 will be in on the action too ? Baby daddy # 2? 3 way? 4 way?

eeeek!
 runstar
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/4/2016 1:50:43 PM
Any woman trying to date someone while pregnant is a bonafide loser and should be avoided the same way vampires avoid sunlight - with a hiss while vanishing.

Why would any woman be trying to date while pregnant? It is literally disgusting. If she cared about the child at all she'd realize that the only thing a guy who is willing to date a pregnant woman is after, is sex. If a woman does not think this, she's fooling herself. If she does understand this, then my question is simply WTF?
 Anand_scientist
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/4/2016 2:08:39 PM
A pregnant woman deserves to be loved and cherished. How is a pregnant woman neglecting her unborn when she welcomes a loving and caring man into their lives?

Men who use pregnant women for sex are the disgusting losers.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/4/2016 2:20:18 PM
So what happened to that first loving caring man who dumped his semen inside her, then ran away?
 Maleman999
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/4/2016 3:28:05 PM

A pregnant woman deserves to be loved and cherished.

By whom? By some guy who will come along and play the daddy role for some other guy's kid after the kid is born, which will most likely include providing some financial support? If the bio-dad doesn't want to pay child support for the next 18 years, it would mean taking him to court. Who wants to get involved with that, when it's not even the new guy's kid, and the drama with visitation rights, and any other issues between the sperm donor and mother? And the sperm donor is never totally out of the picture if there are any kids involved. I'm after a baggage free relationship.
 buxombad
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/4/2016 3:39:38 PM

A pregnant woman deserves to be loved and cherished.

Women who are not pregnant do not deserve to be loved and cherished (actually nobody deserves that as adults. We earn that privilege)

Men who use pregnant women for sex are the disgusting losers.

As opposed to men who use non pregnant women for sex?

BlackOnyx48
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/5/2016 7:31:52 AM
It's a stupid notion...being pregnant and unmarried is bad enough, but having no father in the picture is worst.
Clearly she doesn't use good judgement, and there's no reason to think she is while trying to find some idiot with that..." Captain save a ho "....mentality.
 DeliciousANDnutricious
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/26/2016 1:40:07 PM
No. I don't even want to date a woman with kid/kids, unless they are grown up and moved away from home.
 Maleman999
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/26/2016 2:05:56 PM
Going to a Lamaze class is not my idea of a fun date-especially if it's not even my kid.
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/29/2016 6:50:35 AM
Definitely NOT. I wouldn't date a single mom, much less a pregnant one. Why?? Because the unborn kid is like a third wheel on a date. And as the other posters have said, the kid is not my even my mistake.

Besides, why date pregnant women when a guy can date non-pregnant women?? Less hassle.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men, would you date a woman that is pregnant? Why or why not?