Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Men, would you date a woman who is pregnant? Why or why not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AventuraExotica
Msg: 1
Men, would you date a woman who is pregnant? Why or why not?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm just curious as to how many men would actually consider dating a woman who is pregnant. Someone who may be single or is in process of ending a relationship. Remember she wants to date a man and not wanting or looking for a father for the baby. I ask because I am currently in this situation. 6 years ago with my pregnancy I dated at that time and everything actually went pretty well. What would you do?
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Men, would you date a woman who is pregnant? Why or why not?
Posted: 1/2/2016 12:08:35 AM
Simply utilize the same technique with your current pregnancy as you did six years ago with your earlier pregnancy.
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/2/2016 11:41:07 PM
Can I ask, why are you not looking for a father for the baby? Not that you SHOULD be, but
I mean, do you really want someone temporary?
You may. I'm just wondering. Cause, if it were me, and it isn't, I'd be SO done with temporary. With 2 kids and no dad around. I'd be so done with temporary. Maybe you should expect more? Look for more?

I also wonder, if young guys really want to bite off more than they can chew.
In my terribly humble opinion, I think you should find a nice guy at your church. Forget this POF place. It's not a good arena to be looking for someone to bring into your home.

In any regard, I hope you find ever-lasting happiness.
 cooldog65
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 2:02:30 AM
Absolutely no way no how would I even consider dating a woman who is pregnant. I get that people have sex, but I don't need an obvious reminder that she may have had unprotected sex with somebody else recently.

Baby daddy drama is a strong possibility here. No thanks!

OP...how come these guys don't stick around after knocking you up? I'm puzzled...
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/3/2016 12:08:19 PM
I had a suspicion, so I googled it. Here's what Wikipedia had to say:

Pregnancy fetishism (also known as maiesiophilia or maieusophoria[1]) is a context where pregnancy is seen by individuals or cultures as an erotic phenomenon.[2] It may involve sexual attraction to women who are pregnant or appear pregnant, attraction to lactation, or attraction to particular stages of pregnancy such as impregnation or childbirth.[3]

There are no particular or preferred elements within maiesiophilia that are common to all maiesiophiliacs. Some may pursue fantasies that are concerned with the circumstances in which a subject may give birth, or to the conditions to which the pregnant subject may find themselves acting upon, such as approaches to mobility, sleeping, and dressing. Particular areas and processes of the body that change during pregnancy may also become the focus of psychological investment, but nudity or sexual activity is not always essential, and in some cases actual pregnancy is not necessary to invoke arousal. In these cases, the appearance of an enlarged abdomen caused by obesity or overeating may be sufficient, or simply the suggestion of a protruding navel.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/4/2016 11:52:26 AM
BTW OP's profiles says she is " not single/not looking"//WTF ?
 Maleman999
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/5/2016 9:24:16 AM
^^^I guess the baby daddy showed up.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/5/2016 9:27:32 AM
I ONLY date pregnant women because I'm DYING to be burdened with a child that isn't mine for the rest of my life !
 bamagrl68
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/5/2016 4:46:07 PM
Aventuraexotica- I got pregnant, unwed, at 18 and had my son at 19.
So, I am struggling with my feelings about this thread.
I know it happens, obviously, and anyone can make a mistake, once.
This is the second time this has happened to you, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it...........
I'm thinking you have some maturity/responsibility issues that you need to address before anything else, that and to become familiar with the concept of birth control.
 NBATipoff2015
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/21/2016 11:58:43 PM
I would not go out of my way to date one. But I could always develop feelings for one and if I do, than I would make an exception. You might attract even more undesirables because of the "cant get pregnant twice" mentality.
 want to travel
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2016 1:59:27 AM
I would not have a problem with it,....and what on earth is wrong with a woman,that gets pregnant,and wants a father for her baby?being a single mom,has to be one of the hardest things a woman would have to do in life
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 6:28:41 PM
i had a lesbo dream about breastfeeding last night........

glad i'm not really pregnant, even though it was pretty freaking hawt.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/2/2016 6:55:33 PM
When I was pregnant ( and married, AND wore my ring) men were actually following me home- one guy followed me all the way to my apartment door where I then rang the bell and waited till my husband opened it. He let me in, shook the guys hand and closed the door without batting an eye.

I have never apparently been more attractive!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/4/2016 8:07:52 AM
Meh. I would say it was not the best timing to bring a man into your world. Focus on the baby and what you need to take care of him or her. You don't need romance right now and if you are craving a man that should go away soon after that baby rips up your insides and shreds up your vag being born.
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2016 4:45:59 PM

I think you should find a nice guy at your church.

She is 31, has one fatherless child, one on the way and still interested in men's ding-a-lings.

I don't know what church or Zeus can do to help.
 BizzaroLand
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/14/2016 5:12:07 PM
I would date someone prego. I actually have before. The circumstances were a bit different, she was carrying the baby for another mother.
But, however, if I fell in love with the girl, and didn't mind taking on the responsibility as, at least, a father figure, then I see no issue at all.
Prego girls need love too!
I have kids, been divorced 5yrs, kids live with me. If I met the right woman and she happened to be prego, I would def date her!
If she seems like a good person and mom to be, or if she has kids already and you like her mommy skills, I'd totally be willing for my family to grow. A big family is a blessing, that includes a "blended family". And if you find a guy who's willing, go for it!!
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/14/2016 5:47:43 PM
They also have bigger boobs with no need to stuff a bra..

^^^

Rather than say something kissass just because you'd like to tap sumthin'...anythin'.?

VVVV..
 BizzaroLand
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/14/2016 5:56:42 PM
Great Point!! Well done, sir!
I was going for sincere and heartfelt...but, you...you really just made everything that I said, look like a heaping pile of Clown Dung compared to your much superior, profound statement...and in so few words, too.
Brilliant! Genius!
I bow down to you, sir.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/15/2016 8:02:16 AM
Dude even with your suck-up post here, people can still see your other childish rant about bras..
 BizzaroLand
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/15/2016 8:53:38 PM
You and "Buffet Lady" must be the ones that follow a poster around the forum just to bash him or her at every turn.
So what if we had a spat in another thread...doesn't it seem a bit childish to just follow me around and have something to say about my every post, even if it has nothing to do with what was going on in the other thread?
Is this how this forum is? Are you and hungry hippo a team...the "Forum Fools"?
Get over it man...let it go...count to 10...grow up...take a nap...get a girlfriend...you beat off way too much.
 Donny_1975
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2016 7:41:29 AM
sounds like a legit question, why the need for childish bickering? ANYWAY, I am a single father of 3 and I would love to have 3 more but it's not like I can do that myself, so yes I would date a pregnant woman. it's not like you dated for a time and decided to make a baby, you know she's pregnant to start with and even if it's not my kid I can still be a positive roll model and I happen to love babies and I think I'm a pretty good dad even if I am tooting my own horn. If at some point the relationship turns into something more and marriage is a possibility then the baby already thinks of him as dad. On the other hand after a long relationship and it goes south it could feel as if your trapped because he's the only dad the baby has ever known. in the end I think you should seek a man who want to be with you because of the person you are and he will accept the responsibility of a blended family as a faithful friend and partner.
For those of you who would say I'm "sucking up" I say this goes for anyone wishing to blend 2 families together!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/24/2016 12:49:38 PM
^^^^^^ I believe the main reason people in poor countries breed so often is due to RELIGION and birth control being a SIN, yadda yadda
 Dallasroadie
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/24/2016 10:56:21 PM

Anyways that's what it is. The more intelligent people I know have chosen to not have children or to only have one or two tops. It seems that the more kids a person has the less intelligent they become. I have an acquaintance that has 4 kids and she'd be the first to admit this as being true.

Um, I think I'd get smarter friends if I were you. Do you have a license to breed? I hope you're not out there having sex all will hilly. I don't know if you'd qualify right now, maybe in a few years when you aren't so juvenile in your thinking or opinionated as opposed to educated. Look at it again when your biological clock starts ticking. Or when you're 40 and can't conceive and demand that the government pay 100 grand to help you get pregnant just to you can have a child, as I your right...and then you divorce and end up on welfare asking for handouts. No one knows their lot in life...the plan , the hopes and dreams between birth death.

It's just my opinion but I'm the 4 th child in a family of 4 kids and a Mom and Dad married for 63 years. But apparently the further you down the birthing line...not som intelligent as first horns. All 4 went to university , all 4 married well (no divorces) , one child (mine went to jail for pot) but I have a lawyer for a cousin so a lawyer relative ndp trumps pothead...who settled down And married a nice gal.

When you're are kind to people, are a people person yourself, have two ear and a warm heart you talk,msg are, listen and realize we are the same and slightly different. I know a deaf girl with two boys that is my little hero in how she raised herself, educated, intelligent, empathetic, and awesome mother and friend. Awesome

I know a family, my male BFF, died last year at 72. My friend was Metis, his father was French Canadian and his mother was Cree, they had 16 kids. School and the good old Catholic Church. All 16 either went in to theology and 3 became priest, 5 went in education, 1 is an accountant, 3 were RN's , master Electrican, and a banker. .6 with Masters Degrees and one P.HD. And one went the true Metis way and is a respected Elder and hold two eagle feathers, be as a healer and be for knowledge. Not bad for back woods, small town upbringing and rampant over breeding. BTW, all their children are educated professional too...not a darn one working a Starbucks. And proud.

So give me a few breeders because they know what is important. Non breeders know SFA.

Also Damsel, retroactive birth control is a cool concept too. Especially for the ignorant and arrogant.
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/7/2016 11:11:53 AM

The more they breed, the more chances they have to survive as a family. Mortality rates in infants are high and life expectancy in some countries is low (compare to rich countries)

And when they don't survive, those international charities are asking North America to "adopt" through monthly sponsorships. These poor country breeders are popping them faster than North America can cope. It's a waste of resources so just let them die off.

I would love to have 3 more

Yes because the world needs more gluttonous consumers littering the planet and having screaming fits in the malls

+1000

People like Donny are blind to their own conceit. They think spreading their seed is a boon to the world.

It seems that the more kids a person has the less intelligent they become

So true. I feel like Einstein.
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/25/2016 10:23:40 PM
"The more intelligent people I know have chosen to not have children or to only have one or two tops.
It seems that the more kids a person has the less intelligent they become.
I have an acquaintance that has 4 kids and she'd be the first to admit this as being true."

LAUGHING OUT LOUD
That's a very unintelligent paragraph. You should rethink that.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Men, would you date a woman who is pregnant? Why or why not?