Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Mrn, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AventuraExotica
Msg: 1
Mrn, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm just curious as to how many men would actually consider dating a woman who is pregnant. Someone who may be single or is in process of ending a relationship. Remember she wants to date a man and not wanting or looking for a father for the baby. I ask because I am currently in this situation. 6 years ago with my pregnancy I dated at that time and everything actually went pretty well. What would you do?
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Mrn, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?
Posted: 1/2/2016 12:09:16 AM
Simply utilize the same technique with your current pregnancy as you did six years ago with your earlier pregnancy.
 AventuraExotica
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/2/2016 6:34:55 AM
I mean there was no specific technique I used. I happen to meet a man who was interested in dating me even tho I was preggo. I thought it was a unique situation. But I didn't realize it could actually be a normal thing.
 kj521
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/2/2016 7:30:12 AM
I can't imagine wanting to date while pregnant....but that's just me.

Good luck.....with your dating ventures and your pregnancy. :)
 nightryder111
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/2/2016 7:41:13 AM
So you have a job, a child and you're pregnant. Now you want to date, maybe find someone to share a meal or go church with.

I think you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

I would advise my son to stay away from someone in your position for legal reasons and a variety of other reasons.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/2/2016 1:11:53 PM
My non-bio dad was present at my birth and raised me most of my adult life.

There are men that would accept that situation.

If you're only looking for a platonic friendship, then I suggest going offline.

If you are in fact open to a LTR, then perhaps re-tool your profile and state that while you are pregnant, you are still open to developing a LTR.

Sure, you'll get barely any responses, but at least that's better then luring men to your profile with a not single/not looking disclaimer, on top of a no commitment clause. That reeks of FWB stuff. Is that what you really want?

Be honest about what your looking for.

Platonic or not.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/4/2016 7:08:46 PM

I ask because I am currently in this situation. 6 years ago with my pregnancy I dated at that time and everything actually went pretty well.

Are you specializing in this type of situation?
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/12/2016 9:26:57 PM
How well did it really go, if you're on a dating site?

Dating a pregnant woman is like asking for an instant family. I mean, I'd feel like I should support both of them if I did it, and I'm not really ready to support two people right off the bat. That's a big commitment.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/17/2016 1:44:29 AM
Why do you care? It was six years ago.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 4:46:06 PM
A pregnant woman may be attractive to a man because he knows he cant impregnate her and wont be up for any maintenance. However I hope you still use protection. I wonder how far on you would have to be before a guy would not find you so alluring? I get that the bigger breasts can be a turn on and I have been here long enough on Planet Earth to know it takes all kinds. I cant imagine many men who would be interested in being involved in the life of a baby that he knows is not his so would it just be for casual dating??
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 4:52:23 PM
showboatsupreme
There may be men that would accept the situation as your non bio Dad did. Your mother may have been in dire circumstances with your pregnancy and he felt compassionate and was wanting to be supportive. I get that. But this is OP's second pregnancy out of wedlock and wanting to date which I cannot understand unless she is looking for someone to pay her expenses in some way. Many a man would be leery of her and her way of life and see her as just a fling as he cant impregnate her.
How can you lure a man with a not single and not looking disclaimer on a profile by the way? Women put that on when they don't want any contacts.
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/28/2016 11:43:46 AM

I can't imagine wanting to date while pregnant. But that's just me. -- kj521

I'm with you, kj521.

This feels so wrong, so -- I don't know if the word taboo is right here, but it doesn't resonate with me.

For instance, I couldn't imagine my mother, long dead but not forgotten, dating men while she was pregnant with me if my father had died or had abandoned her. It wouldn't enter her mind. It's not something that would be considered by her, or I am sure, her sisters. But we live in a different world now, and anything goes today.

Also, if someone is pregnant it means they have been involved with another man in recent times, so there is still unfinished business -- big business. Would a man really want to immerse himself in that kind of thing, all that 'drama' that women say they don't have and don't want?

On the other hand, if I knew a woman, a relative or a friend or whatever, and she was expecting and needed help -- driven to the grocery store or to the doctor, or even if she just wanted a night out at the movies, or to be taken to dinner because she is fed up being alone or at home, I don't see an issue there; but to go out dating, that's another issue -- one laden with potential problems, in my view. And as one poster pointed out, there will be men who will take advantage of this situation, for various reasons, some of which will be sexual. There is also the issue of vulnerability, and that raises all kinds of issues.

No, I wouldn't recommend dating a woman who is expecting. The dating world is replete with drama as it is.

Best wishes

- Peter
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2016 7:41:14 PM

I can't imagine wanting to date while pregnant....but that's just me.

But this is the new Amurica. A lot of women are in this situation .... and it's not their fault lol.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/4/2016 10:21:52 AM
What is objectionable about it?
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2016 7:44:52 PM

What is objectionable about it?

Are you referring to dating the pregnant woman or the woman looking to date while pregnant?
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/7/2016 11:15:43 AM

Remember, it may be YOUR kid... but to the next guy along, it has about as much in common with me, as a random dog

That doesn't stop single moms from claiming that their kids are "amazing". They are amazing only to the mom. Others see the kid as quite ordinary. Brats among all the brats on the planet.

A pregnant woman may be attractive to a man because he knows he cant impregnate her and wont be up for any maintenance

Sex with a pregnant woman is like having a "threesome". You can't get over the feeling that someone else is there with the two of you. Spooky!!
 AlanYAHOO
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/23/2016 4:25:46 AM
If a lady is pregnant it doesnt matter
 Maleman999
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/23/2016 8:17:25 AM

Remember she wants to date a man and not wanting or looking for a father for the baby.

Does that mean she would date a guy who would ignore the existing kid and the one in the oven, never spend any money on them or time with them, and act like they don't exist, if she's not looking for a father for any offspring, and date like people who don't have kids? It gets me when a single parent says they aren't looking a for a father/mother of their kids, but are actually after someone who would play some sort of parental role if the kids are very young.
 Maleman999
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/23/2016 2:06:21 PM
There have been a couple of threads circulating in the past about LAT's-Live Apart ( but) Together, where couples are an item but have no intention of ever living together. This could be an ideal situation for the single parents who say they are not looking for a father/mother for their kids. Each would have their own place, so there's no trying to be the new parent to some else's kid(s). There's no cleaning up of messes that kids make or tripping over toys that cover every inch of floor, for the person who either doesn't have kids or have grown kids that are out of the house. Each person is responsible for their own household.
 wineaboutit
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/25/2016 5:13:57 PM
I think the pool of men who want to date a pregnant woman is pretty shallow, I might be wrong.
 cooldog65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Men, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?
Posted: 4/26/2016 10:59:01 AM
Absolutely no way no how would I even consider dating a woman who is pregnant. I get that people have sex, but I don't need an obvious reminder that she may have had unprotected sex with somebody else recently. 

Baby daddy drama is a strong possibility here. No thanks!

OP...how come these guys don't stick around after knocking you up? I'm puzzled...
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 22
Men, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?
Posted: 4/26/2016 6:04:49 PM
I wouldn't because if I ever did decide to have a child I would want it to be at least HALF mine.

What can I say ?

I'm an old fashioned fuddy duddy
 gsr1197
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 3:21:15 PM
The problem isn't so much about the woman, it's about the situation. There are societal norms at play, plus a lot of guys fear the responsibility that will come with dealing with a pregnant woman, especially one who the kid isn't theirs. It's a bit of a tricky situation. There are women in those cases looking for support, both financially and emotionally and that is a concern for a lot of guys. I can say for honesty that I pass on those profiles myself, but the reason is that it invites way too much drama. I wish you luck though!!
 Maleman999
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/6/2016 7:13:38 AM

Msg 25: I would it would not bother me at all.

You should have no problem finding a single mother or soon-to-be single mother then, if it doesn't bother you-especially if you don't have kids of your own to worry about and pay for. I wouldn't be as quick to say it's not a bother until you try it and see what involved in parenting-and with a kid that's not your own. Would it still not be a bother if the kid's father is still in the picture or returns into the picture to play the daddy role?
 Scaretale
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2016 12:43:28 PM
I would not date a pregnant woman either.

It would feel like dating someone who just got out of a break up. They just aren't ready to date...they need to heal, and learn to be happy by themselves, before jumping into things with someone else to fill the void.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Mrn, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?