Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KitKat_K
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What annoys you most on POF?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The title says it all. What annoys you the most on POF?

For me, it's the BS rules. So a handsome, intelligent 35 year old man adds me to his favourites, we seem to have lots in common so I figure, why not reach out? "NOPE!" says POF. He's too old for you. So annoying! Another thing that really gets on my nerves is when a bikini photo is deleted for "nudity". Like really?! Surely POF can determine the difference? What makes it even more annoying is the fact that it was uploaded as a private photo to be shared when I wanted it to be shared, so it's not like every user can see it and maybe take offense to such a photo. The last thing that annoys me is the language filter. I understand why it's there but still annoying when your 100 character email is blocked because of a "naughty" word. I'm no saint and drop the F bomb quite a lot aha!
 Aggers
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What annoys you most on POF?
Posted: 1/5/2016 2:51:24 AM
The lack of activity in reply to well crafted messages!

And people who vote to delete threads because they think it is a redundant subject, when these forums are like Morrissey's stag night. Come on peeps it is quiet enough on here without having subjects we can all contribute something to being deleted!
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/5/2016 2:57:25 AM
I'm with OP on this.......plus........
The lack of ability to contact Admin & get any sense
The lack of Mods on here
The idjits who insist on having no sensible pics,
and do the 'ask me' cr*p.
More will (probably) follow.....

vlad dracul
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 4:29:06 AM
Yep have to say the draconian rules applied. Messages this short, 2 in 10, 5 posts a day and cannot start any threads. Yep there should be rules of somekind but a wee bit of common sense would have sorted things out.

Then the trollish ones who just waited on a bite then they would run and report you. Also the apparent mobs going around getting posters deleted for no reason. Happened to a few folk on the other forums.

Still the fact we still come on here and post means we are all adapting. For a while the uk forum seemed like a haunted forum so good to see folks back posting.

Anyway may all on here have a spiffing year ahead.

Toodle pip
 KitKat_K
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 8:23:34 AM

The lack of activity in reply to well crafted messages!

I think this is on everyone's 'what annoys me' list. Though I have to say that a no reply is a reply on POF (haven't we heard that line before?). A well crafted message means nothing if the recipient doesn't find you attractive. "But Kelly, it's rude to ignore people! At least reply with no thank you!" Aha! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
 Strider886
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 12:17:01 PM
As a 30 something year old guy, I don't set age filters, but I wouldn't respond to anyone under 25 and would think very carefully about anyone under 30.

No matter how mature these young ladies pretend to be, in my experience they're often emotionally unstable, if not mentally unstable, unable to hold a decent conversation, play mind games, wear older men as a fashion accessory, listen too much to their crazy friends, don't usually drive and (probably the worst) they expect a guy with responsibilities to just drop everything for them at any time of day to travel 40 miles to give them a lift from college.......... In other words they're bloody hard work and have completely unrealistic expectations.

Plus I have to be honest, there's a hell of a lot of jail bait on this site, not to mention young ladies looking for a guy with a well paid job, so they can get themselves pregnant and live for free for 18 years on his wages via the CSA.

So, in short I can understand why a guy like that would have age filters.
 Hostess68
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 12:57:12 PM
Its the liars that bug me be it a pic from years ago or saying you are a 'nice guy' then they are complete twits...
Strider; do you have a well paid job? I'm a young woman after your babies lol x
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 1:52:35 PM
Hostess
"Its the liars that bug me be it a pic from years ago or saying you are a 'nice guy' then they are complete twits...
Strider; do you have a well paid job? I'm a young woman after your babies lol x"

Now that was most chucklesome. I just wish you had not put the lol on the end.

Mmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeessssssssaaaaaaaaaagggggggeeeeeeeesssssss tttttttttthhhhhiiiiiissssss sssssssshhhhhhhoooooorrrrrttttt

Bbbbbboooooooollllloooocccckkkkssss tttttthhhhiiiiiiiss$ ssss$hhhhooorrrtttt

**** me still cannae post

Or now.

Or now.

Or now.

Or even now.

Tsk

Whistles a smiths tune (out of tune may i add)

X
 Hostess68
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 2:30:51 PM
What did Horis say??? ^^^
 Aggers
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 2:35:26 PM

I think this is on everyone's 'what annoys me' list. Though I have to say that a no reply is a reply on POF (haven't we heard that line before?). A well crafted message means nothing if the recipient doesn't find you attractive. "But Kelly, it's rude to ignore people! At least reply with no thank you!" Aha! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I believe I was on the original debate on the "no reply, is a reply" forum post, many years ago now! So am well aware of the smokescreen it represents. After all it is the most contributory factor in what has killed online dating over recent times. It is the message recipients "get out of jail free card" as they can use it as any old excuse to not reply to what might be a very compatible match! Oh, I did not like his/her eyebrows or I did not like his/her pictures, etc, etc, yawn, yawn and once again yawn - zzzzzzzzz - oops sorry dropped off there!

You know sometimes I would just like to get hold of these Biblical characters who came down from some majestically named mountain with these "online dating" scriptures in stone tablet form and give them an effing good shake as we should all be more open-minded and be receptive, because you just never know? But then again I believe in the tooth fairy! So what do I know?
 kamboy66
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/5/2016 4:41:32 PM
I have to agree when someone adds you to there favourites but never write to you or says hello so what was the point off adding me to favorites lol
 KitKat_K
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 11:13:36 PM

Bathroom selfies, deck-faces, girls with lots of pics of them all at the exact same angle.

Thank you for noticing! Though my response rate is pretty damn high, so I don't think I'll be changing them any time soon. How's your response rate with pics up? :-) Good luck in your search (if you're still looking). Oh yeah, quack quack.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/6/2016 11:12:41 AM
After too many years on here, I'm convinced that the majority
of the women who grizzle about 'those' sort of messages
are primarily moaning because they don't get any
(or messages)

- I'll get me coat.

jaja808
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/6/2016 11:53:35 PM
Where do I begin???? I hate how fat guys in the forums love to mention a woman's weight and they say they get messaged by obese women only, and I look at their picture and think, gee buddy, did you not notice you're an obese man.

I hate when people on the forums say that a person's thread is "Redundant" or "posting in the wrong forum". who gives two craps where it is posted or what the topic is? If people don't want to answer they won't. IF I want to give a profile review I don't particularly care which thread you post it on. I will find it..

I hate when guys I'm not attracted to email me.

I hate when a guy starts talking about something inappropriate and I call him on his bs, he gets mad, defensive, and then says he is way out of my league.

I hate it when I have my picture up and a guy will email me that in real life, he wouldn't dare step to this. It's like the guys on here just email everyone and see if someone, anyone, will talk to them. I know I am also guilty of only emailing guys who I wouldn't dare step to in real life. lol

I hate it when I like someones first picture but then I see the rest and it is a big disappointment

I hate it when I see a bunch of guys pictures that I'm not attracted to. I only mostly want to look at attractive guys pictures, lol.

It annoys me that it is so challenging to find the diamond in the rough, to me that is the person that I feel like would like me and I would like them. There is so much they like me or I like them. It's rare to find the mutual match. The mutual match feature on here is based on pics only. It doesn't give u an idea of their personality unless you go in and read it.
 KitKat_K
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2016 12:36:44 AM
^^^ Damn girl, I thought I was picky aha! ^^^

Maybe it's to do with your bait?

Yeah you may be right! Though I send out my own first contact emails to guys I'm interested in so I have a rough idea on what they're like before messaging them after reading their profile. And I do meet most of these guys for coffee or drinks but as you said, it must be a bad fish. Though these guys were relatively normal, we just didn't click.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2016 12:18:36 PM
Its actually funny, seeing women put on their profiles about too short msg`s etc, when in the past 10 days, I`ve had mails off two women, with nothing but "Hi" , there we go :O)
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2016 1:28:19 AM
I don't find anything annoying as such but I do let out a little sigh of frustration every time another 'why can't I get a reply' thread appears. They never give any clues as to what they have written, or who they have written it too, and yet they ask how can they improve their messages, duhhhhhh. How can anyone possibly answer them?, lol.......

GP
 BeyondtheIllusion
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/9/2016 3:07:59 PM

What annoys you most on PoF? -- kitkat k

Writing the things that annoys you most, about anything, will not change -- anything. It won't make anything better, it won't improve anything, it won't alter a flicker of a candle flame. How about, instead, What impresses you most on PoF?

What impresses me about PoF is that it is still free.

There are cool functions that we can use, including detailed search modes to find people as far away as the other side of the world.

There are genuine people out there who are still looking for genuine people out there.

Some of the profiles are not just interesting, they're fascinating.

Oh, I could cite a hundred things that make PoF impressive. I don't need to reach for the Annoy button. Anyone can do that.

Best wishes to everyone.
 b_0E
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/10/2016 4:42:29 AM
The way that 'Meet Me' never shows you people who have said yes to you is what annoys me the most. It seems pretty pointless using it unless you're prepared to upgrade your account.
 b_0E
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/10/2016 4:43:35 AM

So a handsome, intelligent 35 year old man adds me to his favourites, we seem to have lots in common so I figure, why not reach out? "NOPE!" says POF. He's too old for you

So POF has its own built-in age filters that you can't bypass?? I never knew that.
 KitKat_K
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2016 8:52:05 AM
Indeed it does. I believe it's 14 years younger or older than your current age.
 b_0E
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/12/2016 10:35:17 AM
That's really crap. Just off the top of my head I can think of three couples I know of with a >14 year age gap. Two of those are happily married and the third sound like they'll be planning their wedding in the near future.
Considering that POF encourages open-mindedness when making suggestions for getting more matches, it's extremely narrow-minded to dictate the age of who you can contact. Everyone on the site is at least 18 and therefore an adult who should be free to make their own decisions.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/12/2016 10:56:59 AM
Yup, the validity of the age filter has been done to death.
As far as I can see, it came in because a lot of women on here
couldn't be ars*d to set up their mail filters.......
......that's the problem with signing up piss*d on a Friday night........

Justanotherchap
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 9:38:31 AM
I think Marcus mentioned that it was us pervy Brits sending nasty messages to young things causing the problem.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:42:04 AM
....Yup, and if the 'young things' had been bothered to set their mail filters........
(oh, sorry, already did that one, silly moi)

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?