Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > To all you flakes out there      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rocketboy91
Msg: 1
To all you flakes out therePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So this post is for those poor souls who've ever been, who are now and who probably will be in the future, victims of the fabled flake! Ladies and gentlemen pay close attention! As for the men and women out there who do the flaking, you don't count as men and women because real men and women don't flake out on you.

First sign you can tell someone's a flake? When you plan to meet up somewhere and you show up but they don't. Second sign is when they tell you they'll make it up to you a few hours later. They tell you to either go over to their place or to a different location, you text them and they never respond.

This is not the first time it's happened to me. And for those of you who can't drive and constantly have to end up taking either cabs or public transport to meet up with someone who's potentially going to flake out on you, don't do it! You just might awake the next day to find tons and tons of "gotcha" messages on your phone. To any of you that want to reply back to me with hate, go right ahead. That just proves my point right that haters are flakers as well. My rule still stands. If you want to meet at my place, you either pay with your own gas money to come see me or it's not gonna happen!
 Rocketboy91
Msg: 2
To all you flakes out there
Posted: 1/8/2016 10:55:22 AM
You can't handle honesty I suppose. Guess that's why you want a thread deleted? Sorry not sorry.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2016 11:10:50 AM

You can't handle honesty I suppose. Guess that's why you want a thread deleted? Sorry not sorry.

People want this thread deleted because it's not any different than a lot of rants people post in here. You are not opening a thread to any form of interactive discussion - just simply venting your own pain.

Speaking of honesty - where is a picture of you NOT wearing jet black sun glasses? Kind of hypocritical to cry for honesty when you aren't even willing to show your face, huh?

Before you head out - are you checking for ANY verification that the others' identity is real?
Do you image search their photos in Google or other apps checking to see if they are legit and not some stolen pics from a European model? Do you look for their Facebook or Linked In page to see if the pics and stories they have there align with what they tell you in POF? Did they EVER give you a real name? A real phone number? Then you can send instant picture messages proving where and who you are, and they can do the same thing.

Fakes, flakes and phonies will ALWAYS exist on sites like these. They will never go away completely. The best way to deal with them is recognize easy signs of fraud and don't interact with them.
 Rocketboy91
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/8/2016 11:16:00 AM
Sunglasses are because I'm visually impaired. You wanna talk about honesty? Oh, and real men and women won't just up and stop responding when someone tells them they're visually impaired. Have you no sense?
 Rocketboy91
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/8/2016 11:20:40 AM
Pick up a dictionary and look up the blind. Go out into the world and actually get to know people who are visually impaired and educate yourself on it. I've no patience for dimwits.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/8/2016 12:24:56 PM
I have a particular affinity to Corn flakes. Wheat flakes are good too, but then I demand my two scoops.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/8/2016 2:17:56 PM
As long as I don't have to shovel snow flakes...
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2016 5:49:36 PM
OP, I have to say that you have a chip on your shoulder and it is coming through loud and clear in your profile. To throw a few of your words back at you...respectful, well mannered, kind hearted and genuine. How do you expect to find a guy if you aren't displaying these traits yourself? Yes , You say you have had struggles and strife, but you are coming across so negative. Do you think it might be a good idea to tone it down a bit?
 Walts
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/8/2016 5:52:24 PM

First sign you can tell someone's a flake?

When you catch them dancing nakey in the back yard, full moon overhead, and an half empty bottle in his hand??????
 2ufo
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/8/2016 7:15:52 PM
Very true, Walts, that's flaky.

The bottle should be totally empty when you're dancing nakey-butt in the back yard under the full moon.
 carolann0308
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2016 6:16:01 AM
Your profile is just a bunch of angry nonsense. You can say no booze or drugs without going on a psychotic rant.
If you are so angry and hurting about your childhood then my suggestion is therapy to help you move past it. Like attracts like. So you are in no position to attract a nice girl if you are confrontational and pissed off all the time.

You deserve to find someone kind, patient and intelligent. But you need to behave the same way first, temper tantrums are for toddlers. You are a musician and obviously extremely talented, don't let your gift be overshadowed by a bad attitude.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/12/2016 10:20:31 AM
Love the commands in OPs profile. I wish I could show this profile to all the former, present and future domestic violence victims I work with.
 Chromis1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2016 10:29:25 AM
^^^^ This guy is in a very bad place. I gotta flake on this thread.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2016 10:39:24 AM
Scary rant. She didn't flake, she tried to beg God for wings so she could fly far far way.
 vincentnotasaint
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/12/2016 2:33:31 PM
Douchebags who have had active profiles on this site for 9 years 12 years whatever are the last ones on the planet to give relationship advice.

Yeah, that's YOU...douchebag....ever wonder why no one wants you or wants to be with you or wants you in their life???

Ever ask yourself why you feel the need to offer advice and opinion to the masses when you've been on a dating site 10+ years?

What a bunch of ****ing losers.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/12/2016 5:07:59 PM
Head and Shoulders once said you can "wash those flakes right out of your hair".
Try that. H&S
1)just aged myself
2)you're more than welcome for the ear worm
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2016 5:19:34 PM
It happens to most people sooner or later who do online dating and I imagine in real life too. Your whiny ranting and telling others how to behave is just futile. The world is full of flakes, fakes, abusers and those playing games. Why would anyone hate you? We can only feel sorry.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/20/2017 7:42:37 PM

Douchebags who have had active profiles on this site for 9 years 12 years whatever are the last ones on the planet to give relationship advice.

Yeah, that's YOU...douchebag....ever wonder why no one wants you or wants to be with you or wants you in their life???

Ever ask yourself why you feel the need to offer advice and opinion to the masses when you've been on a dating site 10+ years?

LOL!
 daynadaze
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2017 8:11:40 PM
I used to feel sorry for people this far off the beam, lost, lonely, and ranting all the while wondering why no one wants to be around them...but now...meh, grow up.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/20/2017 8:12:09 PM

I have a particular affinity to Corn flakes. Wheat flakes are good too,

I miss Team Flakes. :(
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2017 8:53:32 PM
why bother with online dating??? If you cant see a moving image via Skype and at least hear a voice on the phone then dont even contemplate a meet. All this texting is just bullcrap. If someone does not show up, forget them. NO more contact. As for meeting at a stranger's house, forget it. How stupid is that that you would let someone have your home address from the net??
 IgottaName
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/20/2017 9:23:07 PM
What do you call 5 blondes in a freezer?
Frosted Flakes!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2017 2:57:35 PM
I am guessing you never heard the story about the lady that used to invite men to her address from online using Craiglist. She was from somewhere in New Hampshire. They found 5 bodies varied in different locations in her gardens surrounding her property. It's probably not a good idea to go out to a strangers home for a first meeting... just saying.
 Nestaron
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/26/2017 8:54:53 PM
Hey I am a flaker I have skin falling off all the time rotten dandruff
 Cynderella
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 12:19:17 AM

DAMN now I'm screwed
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > To all you flakes out there