Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Is 'Meet Me' broken or just a scam?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 b_0E
Msg: 1
Is 'Meet Me' broken or just a scam?Page 1 of 1    
When you get a notification through to say that someone wants to meet you, on the mobile app you can see their photo so you'll have an idea of whether or not you're likely to be interested. In my case though, I can never find them on 'Meet Me'. You'd think they'd be pushed near to the top of your queue as is the case on Tinder but on POF that isn't happening, and occasionally I've spent so long on it that it's actually started showing me the same people I've already said no to yet still not showed me the people who said yes to me!

It looks like either their matching algorithm is broken or it's just a scam to get you to upgrade. Also is there any way to filter the results so that you're not wasting 95% of your time saying no to people who are either the wrong age or living 60 miles away?
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is 'Meet Me' broken or just a scam?
Posted: 1/10/2016 4:47:46 AM
Dont pay any attention to the WANTS TO MEET YOU on here mate, its a load of cods !, whilst i state clearly ( but politely) in my profile, that , basically i`m not into bigger women, the amount of women on my meet me list are, yep, you guessed it, well overweight,

And one more thing to look out for ( might be different for others ? ) but,( and i cant recall any exceptions in this,) but none of those women who pof says wants to meet me, have actually looked at my profile, go figure that out hahaha,

So, personal opinion, ignore it :O)

EDIT
It IS possible of course that some of those women viewed my profile in stealth mode, but, 137 ?? i dont think so ! , I base that assumption on the fact that, the VAST majority of those women, are non- smokers, who clearly state on their profiles, NON SMOKER ( i`m a smoker , and, clearly state that ),
 Strider886
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2016 6:42:50 AM
If they click "maybe" or "yes", it does the same thing and sends you a message.
 b_0E
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/11/2016 6:59:20 AM
Yeah I can see how you could get people wanting to meet you who hadn't viewed your profile as they just like the look of you from the photo and hit yes/swipe right, but it's the matching system that seems totally wrong to me. I can't find any way to filter it for starters and I still haven't seen any of the ones who said yes to me. If it's trying to imitate Tinder then it needs work.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2016 10:47:33 AM
Well, in my opinion, the majority ( if not all ) are site generated by bots of some kind.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2016 3:13:53 AM
Most of the features are total nonsense tbh. The top of the list on meet me are subscribers according to pof. It's useless anyway, half the meet me's are not genuine anyway. I looked at someone's profile for the first time ever a few days ago and when I scrolled down it said I wanted to meet him, no clue where that came from because I don't. My top prospects made me laugh, because they've all been rejected by me previously for various reasons and two quite openly say they are married so were also rejected.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2016 4:54:43 AM
Hahahaha agreed !, i`ve never clicked on maybe, much less yes !, yet...the list of women that I apparently want to meet has reached 9 already, most of them, i`ve never even seen the profile of the woman concerned !, absolute piffle !
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Is 'Meet Me' broken or just a scam?