Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Upgraded account hacked      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lopingon1
Msg: 1
Upgraded account hackedPage 1 of 1    
I was an upgraded user and my account was hacked. They changed my recovery email and everything. I have emailed customer service and have not received a response. I'm wondering if there is a phone number or a better way to contact them to get this handled. I'm most irritated that they are using my upgraded account and I no longer have an upgraded account. There is no virus or spy wear on my computer.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 2
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/14/2016 9:15:59 PM
Since you're posting from a secondary profile which was established in November, 2016, can it be assumed that your upgraded profile was a second one? If so, the reason you are unable to access it isn't because it's been "hacked", it's because you got caught with two profiles and the most recently made profile would be deleted. This is an automative bot who looks for duplicates. (Is your upgraded account still active online and you can see the profile? If so, ignore what I said and contact PoF at the email below.)

If on the off chance I'm wrong, plead your case to csr@pof.com, using the email you created your upgraded account with.

Good luck.

But remember, one profile per person.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 3
Upgraded Account Hacked
Posted: 1/14/2016 10:18:37 PM

There is no virus or spyware on my computer.

If someone has access to the email account you used to register with POF, that person can use the password reset function shown during a failed login attempt and then gain control of your POF account.

Since you're posting from a secondary profile which was established in November 2016, can it be assumed that your upgraded profile was a second one?

Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/15/2016 5:29:09 AM
"Since you're posting from a secondary profile which was established in November, 2016"

I'm not so sure her facts are "uncoordinated" as she's just confused by POF's date format. Obviously, November 2016 hasn't happened yet. 1/11/16 translates into January 11, 2016, in MDY date format used by the United States, but November 1, 2016 in the DMY format used by her country of Canada and most of the rest of the Western world. That said, it's sort of strange that POF, a Canadian company, uses a United States date format, although some parts of Canada do use MDY instead of DMY. Obviously the US is by far POF's biggest market, so it's likely that contributed to the decision.

In any case, it seems like to me, based on the MDY date of the OP's profile, that she probably got locked out of her original account on 1/11/16, made a new one to contact POF with and then had to wait the mandatory 3 days before making a post in the forums about the matter. As for her issue, I'm pretty sure POF could do some detective work to figure this out for a paid customer, but we all know how POF is. One of many reasons I will never send them any money again.
 lopingon1
Msg: 5
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/15/2016 6:12:24 AM
Correct, I made a new profile the day mine was taken over. I have emailed the address with no response, more than once. This is horrible customer service in my opinion. No one else has access to my email account either. It was January 11, 2016 that I created a new profile, mostly so I could attempt to contact someone, as getting into Pof to find help is nearly impossible if you are not a member.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/15/2016 7:58:51 AM

Obviously the US is by far POF's biggest market, so it's likely that contributed to the decision.

More likely it's the default format of the message board software and nobody ever bothered to change it.

This is horrible customer service in my opinion.

Yes, unfortunately POF is run by an extremely small staff and they have very little time for helping out their customers. The site pretty much flies on autopilot. If you require human interaction (such as a case like this), it is a lottery, and assistance often simply never materializes. Even for paying customers.

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to vote with your wallet! Or just stick to a free membership.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 7
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:48:53 AM
I wrote "them" four days ago for a common problem many Forum folks have. Other Forum peeps voting off perfectly legit pics. Still have not heard back from them and don't expect to. Vanishing Pics are obviously a bot thing and not Human decision based.

On the plus side, I am now thoroughly convinced that various voting choices on the site are now contributing to the demise of posters who have nothing better to do with their time.

All you can do now is to make sure your password is a "good" one.

IF you do hear back from them?

It would be nice if you come back and report it to this thread.

HOPE of any kind on an OLD site is always a good thing!
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 8
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:56:08 AM
My pardon on my sleep-devirved contents of my post.

Carry on to email csr@pof.com.
 lopingon1
Msg: 9
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/15/2016 1:24:39 PM
My password was a pretty good one, nothing personal at all. I am up in the air on continuing with this sit if they can't transfer my paying upgrade to my new account and take down the other, as it still has some of my information and people I was talking to. I will report back to this thread if I ever hear from them.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 10
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/15/2016 1:40:09 PM
I have never tried but when I google I come up with 2 telephone numbers - have to tried calling them?
 lopingon1
Msg: 11
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/17/2016 6:36:04 PM
Yes I tried both both numbers :(
 lopingon1
Msg: 12
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 1/20/2016 2:38:58 PM
UPDATE!!!!!!!
So I never received a response either in writing or over the phone or via email, however they refunded my full asking for my account upgrade today. Also the hacked account has been pulled down. I am very impressed with this as I only had about 6 weeks left on my upgraded and they refunded the full amount I paid!!
 robgwinn
Msg: 13
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 2/5/2016 10:30:02 AM
My paid account robbie10173 has been hacked and some0nes face is on it now. all the letters i wrote now have his face on it. how do i get it back? he hacked my email to it also. Who to report this too?
His name is not Rob Gwinn!
 robgwinn
Msg: 14
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 2/5/2016 10:31:10 AM
hi having the same problem no one is contacting me back while guy does whatever
 raven_21
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 6/24/2017 9:38:04 AM
well i have been hacked sometime in the wee morning
a paid subsciber
I have email pof so not sure if i will ever get a reply
i was blue_eyes_10 and was taken over by neilpower(kelly)
I want pof to refund me my subscription and discontine the use of the account which was stolen
 LOLTrump
Msg: 16
Upgraded account hacked
Posted: 6/24/2017 4:28:04 PM

well i have been hacked sometime in the wee morning

How many profiles do you have?

As if that profile got hacked and the one you are posting on is from 2012, something fishing is going on.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Upgraded account hacked