Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Maybe no vote is a vote?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 1
Maybe no vote is a vote? Page 1 of 1    
I do not vote party line. I look over the issues and vote according to my life.

In good faith, I can not vote for any of the front runners this time around.

Who has support for any secondary, tertiary runners they would like to toss in the ring?
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 2
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 5:56:04 PM
Agreed, they suck on both parties, Condoleezza Rice, is a go...of course Joe Biden...Colin Powell...
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 3
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 6:05:22 PM
Severely wounded by Haleys tight lipped response. Someone have a gun at her head off camera???

LePew
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 6:06:54 PM
I guess I'd support the leading candidate that also seems to be the one the media ignores the most.... Bernie Sanders.... If not flat out support at least I am listening........ And will make my decision based on where they get their funding and their past record as far as voting . I guess that automatically omits a few....
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 5
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 6:21:27 PM
Here's a list of American political parties:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States

You can click on any of them to find out if you agree with their positions. I'd recommend the United States Pirate Party just cause they have the coolest name, but you might want to take it more seriously than that.
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 6
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 7:24:18 PM
Do...you are the one who got me turned on to BS. lol Loved walking with you at OWE festival and hearing your ideas. Bernie is the for most thought for me but as liberal as I am...maybe he is too much?

HTDa, I am looking up your ref.. not sure what to expect. Just know I am not so enraptured about any runner now.

Lorie, aka Le Pew who is looking up your link. Thank you!
 daynadaze
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 7:32:21 PM
So far, none of them. It's too early for me to decide.
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 8
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 8:06:59 PM
dayna.... forget to early... neither party brought someone to the plate. I demand a recall!

Lorie LePew
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 9
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 8:29:05 PM
Bernie all the way! #feelthebern

Trump completely fumbled the USFL (pun intended) due to his ego, and Hillary should be in prison shortly. If bot, Benghazi should prevent her from being President on principal alone. Bernie is the lesser of the evils. It's really not a great selection this time around.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 10
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 8:56:01 PM
In my opinion, to get a better pool of qualified presidential candidates, we need to reform the campaign financing system so the best and brightest get an opportunity to run, not who has the biggest bank account, or more rich friends. Running for office is a millionaires club
 8inscrew
Msg: 11
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 10:53:50 PM
Pocket books are key.
The president does not get elected by citizen's vote.
Why act like "your" campaign mtterz?
Simple.
Smear them all.
You folks do NOT get a voice.

Look it up.

EDIT: they elected 2 bushes. Does jeb sound presidential?. Number 3? Ww3?
Now maybe another clinton? Do you think the Bush family ever thought they'd make it this far?
Christ. She obviously has trouble making her man happy. He has no sanctity.
Who do you think "elects" these yzhoos?
Are you really ready to ask for another one?
Sad plantations mans.

8inscrew
Msg: 12
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/14/2016 11:37:52 PM
Tried to edit: William Clinton obviously does not even respect his wife.
He is bound to her. Yet... not like where it matters.

Didn't little bush ditch war for cocaine

and hookers?

What is the matter with you people?
 deetristate
Msg: 13
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/15/2016 3:01:18 AM
I like Paul But the media had decided to ignore him on the news for the masses broadcasts.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 14
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/15/2016 1:29:12 PM
No vote IS a vote. Being Latino, and Latino's being the worse about voting may even campaign to get people to vote. That will include not only Latinos, but Millennials and urban people that feel that their vote would not make a difference.
 junipermoon
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/15/2016 5:25:43 PM
feelin' the bern here.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/15/2016 7:07:16 PM
Very important math to recognize:

not voting is not only NOT a vote, it's a doubling of the power of anyone who votes for someone you don't like.

Here's how it works:

* in the US, people don't win election by way of getting a MAJORITY of possible voters to support them, they win by getting a PLURALITY of voters to support them. Example of what this means: if you live in a state that has a MILLION eligible voters....but only FIVE of those eligible voters actually vote (the other 999,995 people decide that "no vote, IS a vote!") , and three of them vote for Lenny, while two vote for Squiggy... then get ready to have the next two to six years of your life run by Lenny (and for your taxes to pay for him to tool around in the car you are paying for as well). The fact that only THREE people voted FOR him, doesn't matter.

Most notable: the fact that 999,995 people functionally voted for "none of the above," will be entirely ignored by the power structure.

* mathematically: if your neighbor and you are on opposite sides politically, and you choose NOT to vote, while he or she (or it) chooses TO vote, then instead of your vote cancelling theirs out, their vote COUNTS, and your non vote IS NOT COUNTED IN ANY WAY. Mathematically, it's as though your vote counted once, and theirs counted twice.

They win.

So protest all you like, but the only way a "no vote" counts, is that some self-important editorializer will go on the news after the other side wins, and say some variation of "tsk tsk, it seems the American Electorate wasn't turned on by either candidate."

Enjoy your protest. I intend to win.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/16/2016 10:52:16 AM
Personally i think the 'none of the above' choice would be good to have. Yes you will still get someone elected who you do not want but at least you have shown a voice by saying all the candidates are useless.

In Scotland up until the last election we always returned mainly labour party MP's to Westminster. And for years we got a conservative government. Our votes meant diddly squat.

But last year the folk in Scotland bared their teeth and taught the labour party a lesson for joining with the tories during the independence vote. (Which incidentally obama AND the pope both chimed in against us voting yes to independence). Labour lost every seat but one (oh the irony that Edinburgh south where i live returned their only mp).

"NOTA in the UK
We believe that a 'None of the Above' (NOTA) option should be provided on ballot papers in the UK. It makes the protest option clear. It's not good democracy to imply that people only have a choice between supporting a candidate or not being counted.

None of the Above' (NOTA) is available as a choice on the ballot paper in some electoral systems around the world. It provides the voter with the option to indicate her/his disapproval with all of the candidates in an election.

In the US June 2014, Nevada Democrats picked 'None of these Candidates' for governor nominations.
www.washingtonpost.com

Ed Herzik, a political science professor at the University of Nevada, Reno, said he was shocked when the early returns suggested that the choice would outperform all of the actual candidates. … For many Democratic voters who knew something of the candidates, the reasoning appeared to be that none of them were worthy of support, he said.'
''It is absolutely a slap in the face,' Herzik said. 'Regardless of why it happened, this adds insult to injury.''
www.reviewjournal.com

In Ukraine ballots include 'Against all'. Russia had that option on ballots until it was removed in 2006."

http://www.votenone.org.uk/none_of_the_above.html

I feel sorry for you shermans as you do not seem to have any alternative to the republican/democrat carve up. The bland leading the bland seems to be your only choice.

Folk are fed up with politics. Voter numbers fall every election. Established political parties crush most threats to their snouts in the trough ways. Aided and abetted by the lying press.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/21/2016 4:02:29 AM
Just for logics sake, I want to point out that you would need TWO huge changes, instead of one, to make the "none of the above" choice helpful.

It would need to be true that if "none" out-polled everyone else, that the parties would be required to come up with different candidates, or not get paid, or something. As long as politicians get their money and fame anyway, the fact that a lot of people say naughty things about them doesn't make a difference.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 19
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/21/2016 4:19:10 AM
I'm voting. I've been voting since 18/19 years of age. I voted in US elections when I lived outside of the country, too. Never missed an election and never refused to vote, locally nor nationally.
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/21/2016 8:29:06 AM
Another option is people can simply write-in their vote if there is someone whom they wish to see if office.
 kj521
Msg: 21
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/21/2016 8:50:22 AM
^^^^^^Psst! That's what I always do! Don't tell anyone but I always vote for myself. :)
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Maybe no vote is a vote?
Posted: 1/21/2016 9:33:30 AM
That would be very fun to do with friends!
Get a whole bunch of people together to all vote for someone for local office!
Imagine her surprise when she learns she is a councilperson or something?
Tee-hee!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Maybe no vote is a vote?