Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > be careful of JOY2678      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreatJOYGreatTimes
Msg: 1
be careful of JOY2678Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I spent quite a few months dating and then living with this man. Only to find out he is MARRIED, UNEMPLOYED, (now sleeping on someone's couch), and HAS NO LICENSE DUE TO A DUI. Be careful ladies. I think it is only fair to forewarn others. This is not a post to bash him. I could write a book for that. This is simply to let other women know that this man is 100% fake. Nothing in his profile is true. Is it just me, or wouldn't it be nice to be able to have a chat forum specifically for that by region??!! Not only was he talking to other females throughout the relationship but the day we broke up and he moved back out, I had a suspicion to check here and he's back on. In short.....if you are looking for a leech and someone to not contribute at all to a relationship (do your own thing)....then he's the man.
 Maleman999
Msg: 2
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 6:57:12 AM
"This is not a post to bash him."

Now that's funny.
 GreatJOYGreatTimes
Msg: 3
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 7:07:23 AM
I guess you're right!! I re-read it :) I tried not to go into a rant about specifics. But it is so misleading to find someone, spent your time and efforts and then find out it was all a lie. Just "needing" someone to take care of them. Seriously? I'm way too old for these games. That is something I'd expect when I was in my late teens or 20's.
 Forereels
Msg: 4
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 9:46:17 AM

Seriously? I'm way too old for these games.

Then stop playing them...
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 5
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 9:55:19 AM
I never understand why people find it necessary to share their shame...
If this guy did all this stuff...it makes you look like a fool...were you sleepwalking while all of this was going on ?
Either way...you look like a dummy, for allowing it to happen...and then broadcasting it....
 gtomustang
Msg: 6
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 10:18:11 AM
would it be nice to have a forum for this? well, imagine what he's saying to the next victim about you. that's only a one-person audience.

you dated and lived with a married man for a few months. The best thing you can do, is figure out all the red flags that he waved in those few months. If he's 100% fake, something popped up. you might have ignored it over his attractiveness or needing him to be in your home and your life, but someone can't be 100% fake inside your house for months. Learn what it was, and then you'll be prepared for the next user loser who comes along.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 10:21:46 AM
You lived with a man for several months and weren't aware that he was married, unemployed, and couldn't drive?

And you think that was a problem with him???
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 8
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 10:50:40 AM

LiliMarleen says...

You lived with a man for several months and weren't aware that he was married, unemployed, and couldn't drive?

And you think that was a problem with him???

ROFLMAO. Yeah, there are certain red flags that should have been waving their little butts off here. No sympathy for anyone that ignorant.
 Maleman999
Msg: 9
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:08:20 AM
I doubt the OP is going to have a line-up of guys waiting to date her, since she's still ranting about it in her profile-calling the guy a d-bag. The only guy she'll attract is a carbon copy of Mr. I Thought He Was Perfect.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 10
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:14:16 AM
"last douchebag couldn't talk to save his life"

Wow - lemme at her !

lol
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 11
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:24:22 AM
GreatJOYGreatTimes...no decent and honorable man will write to you with your current angry POF profile.
The only kind of guys it will (currently) attract are scammers who will prey upon your "picker" not being finely-tuned.
How did you manage to actually LIVE with someone who was married, unemployed, and possessed a DUI?
 kj521
Msg: 12
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:28:12 AM
Well Ms. Greatjoygreattimes....you live and learn.

But....it would seem that the no driver's license and no job were ok with you...but it was the married that did him in. Am I right?
Cause being married might be easy to conceal for months but having no job or car sure isn't.

So you might want to reflect on what made him acceptable and what didn't and when it changed because in order to not make the same mistakes you need to get real with yourself and accept responsibility.

Good luck with your future relationships. :)
 GreatJOYGreatTimes
Msg: 13
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:51:05 AM
The job, the dui, the license, all happened during the course of our relationship.

The marriage, I was told, was over and the divorce proceedings in the process.
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 14
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:54:27 AM

maleman says...

I doubt the OP is going to have a line-up of guys waiting to date her, since she's still ranting about it in her profile-calling the guy a d-bag.

I have 2 specific provisions in my profile that cover this;

Make sure you're over your ex before you message me, and
Don't message me if your profile sounds like the lyrics to an Alanis Morissette song.

She's instantly disqualified.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 15
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:55:28 AM
"The job, the dui, the license, all happened during the course of our relationship."

So what you're saying is, you destroyed this man.

Perhaps not surprising he would change his mind about the divorce.
 kj521
Msg: 16
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 12:05:43 PM
Ok....so now we have a bit more information which probably would have been helpful from the beginning.

So....which came first the DUI or the loss of the job? How far into the relationship did the first event occur and were you dating or living together?

And there really...was no issue with him being married per say...the dissolution just didn't progress as you preferred, correct?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 17
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 12:14:31 PM

be careful of JOY2678

Did you choose to get involved with him because he also had "JOY" capitalized in his username, or is that just an amazing coincidence?
Rather an odd name for man's username.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 18
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 12:20:22 PM
A marriage is not "over" while divorce proceedings are supposedly "in progress"..also I'd prefer to see sworn documents validated by a notary, signed by a judge..not take anyone's word on this topic
 Chromis1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 12:24:54 PM

In the process. Yeah, ok, so at some point you knew he was still married. Obviously, you must have been ok with that, at least for some period of time.

In any event, it's very much in bad form to specifically call out another user by name.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 20
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 12:33:44 PM

The job, the dui, the license, all happened during the course of our relationship.

Now it looks like you tossed him out when he was down.

What finally made you toss him out? These are just excuses you were fully aware of; that doesn’t make him a liar. Something must have been the final straw. What was it?

Or did he leave you?

PS. Yeah…the usernames are weird, too.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 21
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 12:37:00 PM
His profile says he works. He's just looking for the "rite" woman. I always check out the accused.
AS my Mom used to say there are 3 sides to every story. More likely 5 LOL
What harm or foul OP? You knew everything going in so why so mad going out?
 CallaLily004
Msg: 22
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 2:07:30 PM

But it is so misleading to find someone, spent your time and efforts and then find out it was all a lie. Just "needing" someone to take care of them. Seriously?

Welllllll, you can't totally blame the guy for taking the bite on what might appear what he was looking for ---- and YOU offered it in your profile as stated below:

"I am a caretaker and will definitely take care of my man 100%. I don't give up and walk away."

^^^ ... PERFECT he says, just the gal I'm looking for!!! ;-)
 daynadaze
Msg: 23
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 2:09:53 PM
There are sites just for that sort of thing, this isn't that kind of site. We are all responsible for finding out who & what someone is before we start dating them, and moving in without that info, why did you jump right in with someone you did not know? The reason you can't post such things here is that we don't know if you are telling the truth.
 chameleonf
Msg: 24
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 2:32:45 PM

...we don't know if you are telling the truth

...and she's obviously not. The second sentence in the original post states "only to find out he is married, unemployed and no license due to a DUI". She made it sound as though she knew none of the above (highlighting by caps for emphasis even) when, in fact, she knew all of it all along. She then states he was talking to other females throughout the relationship - who knows, she could be assuming because she found him back on the site - the day they broke up - by checking him out. For someone who is interested in wanting others not to have anything to do with him, she certainly is going out of her way to keep checking up on him herself, right down to knowing he's sleeping on someone's couch. At this point, she should be wishing this post would have been deleted for naming names because it's not putting her in the kind of light she intended.
 gtomustang
Msg: 25
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 2:57:48 PM
the sad thing about some DUIs is...the time they got caught, wasn't the first time they were sharing the road with us while impaired. if he was married yet could live with you, sounds like he was separated. A site you can use to complain about men is dontdatehimgirl.com. a friend of mine looked up the guy she was living with at the time, and that's how she found out such a site exists.

he might have come off as Prince Charming the first few weeks. But people tend to let their guard down--its up to us to know what "normal" looks like. Did his personality have anything to do with him losing his job, or was it the DUI? if he was a driver, he should have known to stay away from getting drunk at a bar and going home, I used to work with delivery drivers who were always cognizant of losing their job over that.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > be careful of JOY2678