Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NFL Divisional Playoff Game Picks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RedRockRascal5
Msg: 1
view profile
History
NFL Divisional Playoff Game PicksPage 1 of 1    
Before I get to my picks I want to send out positive thoughts and vibes and I ask for those who read this to do the same. This is for a class guy and Viet vet, Chris Mortensen who has been diagnosed with Stage 4 throat cancer. Since I work mostly from home I watch ESPN during my lunch breaks during the NFL season. A significant of my info for these picks come from C Mort and ESPN. .

There will be cold in the open stadiums but weather doesn’t seem too be much of an issue for this weeks games, except in New England.

All these games have a good potential to go either way.
Saturday
Chiefs (11-5) Patriots (12-4) Forecast: cold and possible wind may affect passing and kicking.Chiefs have a tough D, and Smith is smart with the ball but Maclin may be out. Their run game should help in the cold.Gronk has knee/back issues, Edelman is back for Boris’ patsies. Chiefs keep rolling (just a gut feeling)

Packers (10-6) Cardinals (13-3) Rematch: Cards won 38 – 8. Score will not be as lopsided this time. MissK’s Pack has guys back and a couple out. They looked better, not great, last week. But the Cards aren’t the Redskins. Cards are tough all around and rolling. Cardinals at home.

Sunday
Seahawks (10-6) Panthers (15-1) Rematch: Panthers won 27 – 23. Wilson & Beast & the D are tough. Cam & Olsen & the Cat’s D are tough too. Hard game to pick. Panthers at home.

Steelers (10-6) Broncos (12-4) Rematch: Keith’s Steelers won 34 – 27. PM looked healthy and good in the last win, Ward is back too. D Williams and A Brown (knocked out in a dirty play last week) are out and Ben’s ability to throw is in question but he is tough. Classy’s donkeys at home.

To be clear I am a RAIDER fan so my dislike for the donkeys is deep and strong. That said the Steelers played as dirty as the Bengals did last week. I do not believe in dirty play - but payback wouldn't bother me in this case. The NFL, along with players and coaches failed again IMO.
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 2
view profile
History
NFL Divisional Playoff Game Picks
Posted: 1/16/2016 10:50:42 AM
Whenever I join "football pools" at work I put in my money and just ask my brother-in-law to make selections.
There have been times in my life where I have picked teams because of the uniforms and sometimes it has worked.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/16/2016 12:14:30 PM
Kansas City over New England

Green Bay over Arizona

Carolina over Seattle

Denver over Pittsburg

I disagree Pittsburg played as dirty as Cincinnati. No way. During the interview with what’s his name who got suspended for three games next season he said he didn’t think the hit was intentional. If he doesn’t know, who does? He claimed Antonio Brown winked at him, as if Brown faked a concussion and that he’d apologize for his lies if Brown didn’t play this weekend. Will wait for his heartfelt apology. When he sacked Rothlisburger(?) he ground his knee into his shoulder; obvious in slow motion. He’s a pig and a liar.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/16/2016 5:53:53 PM
I'm jumping ahead, and picking Seattle and New England, rematch....
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/16/2016 8:42:02 PM
Holy Crap....Arizona Wins.....
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2016 9:20:45 PM
One of my very best friends growing-up loves the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Her husband and her two sweet boys love them, too.
Out of a sense of loyalty to her, I hope they go as far as they can this season.
 RedRockRascal5
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2016 8:51:48 AM
First your post mixes together 2 Bengal players into one.

During the interview with what’s his name who got suspended for three games next season he said he didn’t think the hit was intentional. If he doesn’t know, who does?

what’s his name . . . suspended for 3 games is Vontaze Burfict, the guy who hit Antonio Brown, who has a history of dirty play, penalties and fines going back to his college days. He was benched by his college coach at least once for his fouls. He is also an “honorary” member of the Crips. He would say whatever to avoid a suspension.

Burfict did not say anything about an apology. That was Adam (Pacman) Jones. Jones posted an apology the day before I posted my picks.

Facts – who knew
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/21/2016 6:59:46 PM
Go Panthers....
 RedRockRascal5
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2016 8:48:26 AM

I hope they go as far as they can this season.

They did :)
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/22/2016 5:04:02 PM
He should apologize for his callous attitude, lying about Brown winking at him and laughing over Brown’s concussion, which ended his season (and his team’s) and pro bowl spot. He had even less reason to open his big mouth and look like a douche.

I’m hoping for a Carolina win, too. :) I’d love to see Newton hand Brady his azz.

Not real confident about a Denver win. :(
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/24/2016 12:59:54 PM
Denver, is doing it...but do you really want them in the Superbowl....
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/25/2016 3:06:00 PM
^^^^ who else, then?

Newton has a dynamic personality but he also has a short fuse (ie. second half of Seahawks game). Whereas Manning presents cool as a cucumber. I like both QBs and teams, just hope for a good game. :)

Boohoo Brady.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:23:28 AM
What does it say about the average Forum fish that there is not a Super Bowl thread?

Or even a thread about the [many already "leaked"] SB commercials?
 SLAFFA
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/4/2017 2:21:28 PM
Just 25 hours till the kickoff for the last game of the year and again no SB thread?

The Falcons have to be the sentimental favorite for most folks for obvious reasons.

???
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NFL Divisional Playoff Game Picks