Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Not taken seriously?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cirice_
Msg: 1
Not taken seriously?Page 1 of 1    
So- here's my profile, have no mercy on me.

I'd like to think that I can write a pretty good profile. I think I have the entertainment value checked- but I also seem to attract a great deal of people who just want to have ''fun'' 0_O I'm starting to wonder if my appearance is what's causing '' normal'' men with ''normal'' jobs to be a little bit suspicious of me. I have no problems getting views, nor messages - but i'd like to attract more serious people....Is the profile too silly?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 2
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 9:33:14 AM
I think the profile looks good.

I'm old, so I really can't comment on your appearance. I'd see tattoos like you have as a warning sign - but again, I'm not exactly in your demographic. My understanding is that it's not an issue among 20 somethings. To me, a welder who is tatted up is edgy. But take that with more than one grain of salt.
 Cirice_
Msg: 3
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 9:47:33 AM

I'm old, so I really can't comment on your appearance. I'd see tattoos like you have as a warning sign - but again, I'm not exactly in your demographic. My understanding is that it's not an issue among 20 somethings. To me, a welder who is tatted up is edgy. But take that with more than one grain of salt.

I take zero offence to that :) and I understand your point, maybe even agree with it. I guess I just need to filter my messages more. Thank you for your kind input
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 9:50:50 AM
It is an entertaining profile, for sure.

You are cute, and tattoos in your age range are pretty much normal - everyone has at least one now because it's trendy, so it's probably not that. Why not add some photos with variety, of you outdoors in sunlight? (even in Canada we do get sunshine on occasion)

Why not simply say you don't have a car? If you use a bike or motorcycle, post a photo of you with it. If you rely on public transport, you can mention you do this for environmental reasons or whatever. If you don't drive because you have too many DUIs, that will have to wait until you actually meet in person.

One thing that may be offputting to some guys looking for a relationship is the "c" word in the last paragraph. That is probably nobody's business at this point, unless you intend to save it for marriage.

Not sure what you mean about 'normal' men, or 'serious' people - why not add a couple of lines about who this may be in your profile? It may be hard to attract that type of guy when your profile shows an edgy, spontaneous badass Ninja. Even if you were Mother Theresa, you'd still get messages from the weirdo pervs looking for a quickie. As an old chunky broad, even I still get those messages. The weirdo pervs don't read so you can't waste any time figuring out how to filter them out, just focus on the type of guys you want to meet. Even better - write to the type of guys you want to meet.
 Cirice_
Msg: 5
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 10:09:27 AM

Why not simply say you don't have a car? If you use a bike or motorcycle, post a photo of you with it. If you rely on public transport, you can mention you do this for environmental reasons or whatever. If you don't drive because you have too many DUIs, that will have to wait until you actually meet in person.

Hahaha..DUIs....no no, I don't even drink much. I don't have a car, but I will after the winter- So I wasn't really sure what to put- but in all fairness, you're right, when people don't answer directly to a question, it makes it seem a tad suspicious. I'll change it.

One thing that may be offputting to some guys looking for a relationship is the "c" word in the last paragraph. That is probably nobody's business at this point, unless you intend to save it for marriage.

You mean the word Connection? ...

Even better - write to the type of guys you want to meet.

Great idea! I'll do that, and try to take some pictures outside as you suggested. Thank you for your input :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 10:12:27 AM
"Celibate" - the ones that read that far may get the impression there will no physical intimacy during the relationship. If that's the case, be really clear. If it's an earned privilege, it can go without saying.
 Cirice_
Msg: 7
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 10:22:50 AM

Celibate" - the ones that read that far may get the impression there will no physical intimacy during the relationship. If that's the case, be really clear. If it's an earned privilege, it can go without saying.

Oh...OOOOOOH....I see what you mean. I thought it meant the same thing as '' Celibataire'' in french ( which only means unmarried), but I looked it up and it doesn't.......ooohhh....HAHAHA...I'll change it to ''single'' would that be better? XD Aw, darn....

I added to my profile as well :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 8
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 10:27:05 AM
oh yeah, MUCH better!!

I also wanted to mention to perhaps change the word "Race" in your Interests (which may be mistaken for a racial comment) to Racing, or Running, or Marathons or whatever is your preference.
 Cirice_
Msg: 9
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 10:32:15 AM

I also wanted to mention to perhaps change the word "Race" in your Interests (which may be mistaken for a racial comment) to Racing, or Running, or Marathons or whatever is your preference

Hahaha, totally! Alright :) I followed your advice, thank you very much! You've got a good eye :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 10
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 10:35:10 AM
Bonjour :)
You are beautiful .. I do like other pictures as your Main tho.
Hmm, given I have friends your age - I don't care for any swearing in a profile, makes it seem you trying too hard to be a bad ass.
Like your use of words.. ditch the last part. No creepers going to read that far anyhow. Speak of what you want not what you don't want.
Are you messaging Men?
Why the age restriction - POF has a 14 yr range anyhow/
I like seeing a first name.
Is French your first or second language? I date a French man, still not sure why church words are used to curse :/
 Cirice_
Msg: 11
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/17/2016 10:47:50 AM
Bonjour Ouija! I remember you from the forums, back a few years when I had hair and was more active on the site :)

I don't care for any swearing in a profile, makes it seem you trying too hard to be a bad ass

I guess having '' your sh*t together'' was more about the common expression than the swear word itself- seemed to have a different connotation than '' I have my life together''- I didn't want to sound robotic- but maybe I focused too hard on getting the personality out rather than focusing on what I was writing. I certainly don't want anyone to think that i'm trying too hard. I'll see if I can rephrase that.

I am messaging men. Some reply.Some don't :) The usual - I could message more.

Is French your first or second language? I date a French man, still not sure why church words are used to curse :/

Millitary kid, so English is my first, but French is my day to day language. I get mixed up equally with some terms. I guess that makes me Frenglish more than anything. I'm not sure why either ( church words) - but interestingly enough, I find the connotation of french swear words more aggressive than English. Thus why maybe I wrote sh*t without giving it a second thought....hmmm......
 tennistown
Msg: 12
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/18/2016 4:04:20 PM

i'd like to attract more serious people.....

I'd like to meet a really nice guy ( yeah, lame, I know)

^^^ That sentence isn't helping your cause, IMO.

When I read your profile
it seemed like you flip-flopped
a few times.

For example. . . . .

I'd like to think that i'm a sweet person, feminine,. . . .

Followed by (in the very next paragraph).

I'd like to think of myself as Ninja lady badass

My suggestion is to pick one or the other,
then "own it." I believe you can pull either one
off well, but not both at the same time. Choose one.
Good luck!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 13
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/18/2016 5:44:33 PM
I'm a ninja badass Mr Town. We keep to ourselves
Honest I think the OP darn near perfect - I think she is scaring some guys. Guys are really marshmallows wrapped in Doritos.Damn, new dessert idea
I would suggest a bit softer approach OP if I was like that.. but hell no.. keep what you have
Only need the one to see you for the treasure you are
 ndm147
Msg: 14
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/18/2016 8:15:18 PM
What is this with the HOlY WATER?
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/18/2016 9:39:53 PM
My suggestion would be if you consider yourself "multi-dimensional" to show the tough welder side and also show the more feminine side of things. Guys are visual, so sometimes they need pictures of every darn thing we are saying, no matter how much we try to explain ourselves to them. LOL.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 16
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/18/2016 10:27:23 PM
Hi OP,

I agree with the poster above... A picture in a summer dress or an evening dress would create a great contrast and the profile would look even more fun.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/19/2016 12:44:57 AM
I agree if you are a feminine person then you need to show it with your pics. You do a typical man's job and have a man's hairdo so it would be a good idea to some shots in a dress and with a bit of cleavage. Sex sells. Men are very visual and
will respond to your profile based on your looks and stats. That is the nature of the dating game.
 Forums_only
Msg: 18
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/19/2016 7:30:32 AM
For chrissakes, don't post a photo of you in a dress if you don't normally wear dresses, especially with cleavage. Good Gawd... The photo you have sitting as your main is a lovely feminine photo. (Main photo would be better with a bit smile where your whole face is visible).
 Cirice_
Msg: 19
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 1/19/2016 3:27:06 PM
Oh boy, loads of advice was given :)

My suggestion is to pick one or the other,
then "own it." I believe you can pull either one
off well, but not both at the same time. Choose one.
Good luck!

. A picture in a summer dress or an evening dress would create a great contrast and the profile would look even more fun.

I agree if you are a feminine person then you need to show it with your pics. You do a typical man's job and have a man's hairdo so it would be a good idea to some shots in a dress and with a bit of cleavage. Sex sells. Men are very visual and
will respond to your profile based on your looks and stats. That is the nature of the dating game.

Although I understand and respect the advice you're giving me ( and thank you very much for your input), but I don't agree with it. I think I can rock my femininity with combined masculinity. I think the amount of make up I'm wearing can kinda hints that I'm not a complete butch. Anyways, I think the contrast brings out who I really am.

I don't even see that much of a contrast....I said I was a ninja LADY ;)

and dresses aren't my thang ;) and that's ok too. I won't add much else to this, because I feel we are getting more political and less centered on the genuinity of the profile.

HOLY WATER
..............................................................................................................................................................

Burns my skin, but thanks for the suggestion.

For chrissakes, don't post a photo of you in a dress if you don't normally wear dresses, especially with cleavage. Good Gawd... The photo you have sitting as your main is a lovely feminine photo. (Main photo would be better with a bit smile where your whole face is visible).

My suggestion would be if you consider yourself "multi-dimensional" to show the tough welder side and also show the more feminine side of things. Guys are visual, so sometimes they need pictures of every darn thing we are saying, no matter how much we try to explain ourselves to them. LOL.

I'm a ninja badass Mr Town. We keep to ourselves
Honest I think the OP darn near perfect - I think she is scaring some guys. Guys are really marshmallows wrapped in Doritos.Damn, new dessert idea
I would suggest a bit softer approach OP if I was like that.. but hell no.. keep what you have
Only need the one to see you for the treasure you are

Exactly!!!!!!!! Thank you! I probably won't change my profile anymore- if they don't get it, then it really isn't my fault- and I'm fine with not being everyone's type (obviously). Things have gotten better message wise, so thank you very much for the awesome encouragement.
 Sheva9999
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Not taken seriously?
Posted: 2/1/2016 10:46:44 AM
I weld, been doing so for years, so I get it. Someone who is a hands on person I think will easily associate with your skills, and personality. Someone looking for a girly girl, or someone to hang on to their arm, may not consider your profile. But then again, I don't think that is what you are looking for. Someone mentioned before that you might want to show your feminine side. You in a summer dress. I don't think based upon the profile that that is commonly you, and you should not feel obligated to be someone you are not. However, if you feel the need to do so, then you can.
I think the right person will accept you for who you are and the profile does not seem to depict a deception.
my 2 cents..
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Not taken seriously?