Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review requested please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Shroppie
Msg: 1
Profile review requested pleasePage 1 of 1    
This is my first post on the forums, although I've been reading avidly for a week or so. I'd love to get a profile review with constructive criticism. I've been out of the dating scene for a good long time and wicked self-doubt creeps in. Not quite sure if my expectations are too high ... or too low. Too much? Too little? Any advice would be appreciated!
 Cirice_
Msg: 2
Profile review requested please
Posted: 1/19/2016 3:42:13 PM
Hey! I think you have a wonderful smile :) I see nothing wrong with your pics, I think the full body one is a bonus since it also suggests that you do indeed, as your profile says, like to get dirty. Awesome.

I think your profile starts out very strongly, I think the two first paragraphs are super swell, the only criticism I personally have is

Not quite sure what I'm looking for, although like Potter Stewart, I think I'll recognize it when I see it. I do have some definite views on what I'm not interested in.

Kinda confusing. The men won't know what you want...nor what you don't want. Maybe instead of focusing on the outcome, maybe add what kind of man you would like to meet instead?

Taste in music? Eclectic and frankly not that important

Television? I don't watch enough to have preference

If it's not important, don't mention it. You don't want your profile to be a list of '' I don't'', '' I don't''. Focus on positive things you do like.

Age between 43 and 55.

Drop the age barrier.....Maybe there's a really hot 42 year old somewhere and you're missing out!
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/19/2016 6:19:16 PM
You could be my sister from another mister. I was the same age when I went back to 'the pool' for the same reason, but I had a teenager at home which was a challenge for some guys. No time wasted on those ones.

I enjoyed your profile. My only suggestions are -

- put in something general to describe your occupation (ie: Administrative, Human Resources, Artist), something that gives enough information to show you are employed an possibly invite conversation.

- add a couple more specific Interests (ie: the Penguins, a favourite author, a favourite holiday spot, dessert... again, conversation starters)

- remove the description about which areas are off-limits, you have the email restriction to take care of that.

- write to men you find interesting! I had a blast when I was looking. There are some great guys here, and it may take a while for the right one to show up. Your sense of humour and positive personality show through. Really good job.
 ndm147
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/19/2016 6:55:40 PM
Not sure if "this has been a learning experience" will capture the hearts of guys. And you wrote" It's been a long time since I had to paddle around the dating pool." I am widowed also( after a very long marriage)and I sure do understand where you are coming from with this. It is a learning experience for sure. It is like starting over and reinventing one's self in a new way, but, most of the men on here are divorced and don't get this in the way we get it. So my best advice is to delete those few sentences. Make it more neutral.
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/19/2016 8:06:07 PM

I've been out of the dating scene for a good long time and wicked self-doubt creeps in.

Slightly off topic (ok, REALLY off topic) advice I got when I started dating again after a 26 year marriage was the difference between how men and women think. It was something along the lines of two people getting naked for the first time together:

Woman thinks: OMG, I have cellulite, saggy boobs, will he notice I forgot to pluck my eyebrows, does this angle make by ass look fat...
Man thinks: naked woman naked woman naked woman

It's all good.
 tennistown
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/19/2016 9:08:41 PM

I'd love to get a profile review with constructive criticism.

I liked it for the most part!
Couple of things need tweaking.

Profession --- love it!!

Don't be evasive. Attempt to communicate with candor.

I'm not afraid to be honest and truly value and respect reciprocating honesty, even when it's not quite what I want to hear.

^^^ It sounds like you're expecting trouble.

I noticed two distinctly different hairstyles in your photo gallery.
My guess would be the long, black, hair pictures
are no longer completely current. If I'm correct,
a new picture taking session should be scheduled.
Good luck!
 Shroppie
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/19/2016 9:18:22 PM

Woman thinks: OMG, I have cellulite, saggy boobs, will he notice I forgot to pluck my eyebrows, does this angle make by ass look fat...
Man thinks: naked woman naked woman naked woman

I was married for a little more than 25 years (we may indeed be sisters from different misters) and I know the mars/Jupiter analogy to be true, but sometimes that little voice pipes up late at night.

Thank you all. I've made a few changes. I'll just keep catching and releasing until I find a keeper!
 Shroppie
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/19/2016 9:27:12 PM
Regarding my profession
Don't be evasive. Attempt to communicate with candor.

I work for hospice. That seems to be met with 1. Ugh. Depressing or 2. You're a saint. I find my job to be both rewarding and uplifting, but I'm no Mother Theresa. I'm also not a nurse, so "healthcare" seems misleading.

I noticed two distinctly different hairstyles in your photo gallery.
My guess would be the long, black, hair pictures
are no longer completely current. If I'm correct,
a new picture taking session should be scheduled.

All pictures are within the last 6 months. The pulled back look is my go-to, the curly look requires minimal effort and the straight look requires time and low humidity. The color depends on lighting and how many weeks it's been since my last salon appointment, as my hair gets progressively brassier as the month wears on.
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2016 10:19:21 PM
The current job description seems evasive to me.
Healthcare is a totally reasonable description for what you do each day.
Elisabeth K├╝bler-Ross showed us dying is the final stage of life.
 ndm147
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/19/2016 10:54:50 PM
Yes Elisabeth did do that. I spent time at a hospice for a neighbor. It is part of life--the end stage and if guys find your job unsettling, walk on by! As for the hair color I do understand, I get high lights and low lights and they turn brassy as the color fades.
 amee11
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/20/2016 2:56:03 AM
My honest opinion as u asked for it.. Too many pictures of your face. Your profile is too long, too wordy. Men are simple creatures, keep it your profile simple. You give it all away in one hit.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/20/2016 5:52:30 AM
Agreed too many just head shots - since you open by mentioning your weigh you need at least one full body shot.
The line about the Tats and bikes, not you personal kryptonite? Not sure that is worded correctly.
Text rather roams - could be tightened up.
I few interests could go
Are you messaging men?
 Shroppie
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/4/2016 11:30:59 AM

since you open by mentioning your weigh you need at least one full body shot.

I do have one?

The line about the Tats and bikes, not you personal kryptonite? Not sure that is worded correctly.
Text rather roams - could be tightened up.
I few interests could go

Not my personal Kryptonite - meaning neither tats nor bikes make me go weak at the knees
If you have a specific suggestion as to how the text could be tightened up, I'd love to hear it!

Are you messaging men?

I am!

thanks for all the suggestions so far!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 4:10:05 PM
I agree with amee11
You need some full length shots so men can see if the few extra are too much for them or not. Make your profile more concise and just a few pertinent facts. Men wont even read it unless the pics and the stats appeal upfront. It is all about that initially.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/5/2016 6:09:26 AM
I liked the text a lot, wish more would put as much effort into that. I disagree it is too long, if a man is truly interested in you he will read it without a doubt IMO.

As has been mentioned, you need some better pictures, not a bikini, but something whereas a man can see your curves so to speak.

Best wishes

Jerry
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review requested please