Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > looking for some feeback      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 james0716
Msg: 1
view profile
History
looking for some feebackPage 1 of 1    
It has been a while since i used POF, i never had great luck with it. I'm moving to a new town and would like to meet someone so any would appreciate some feedback.

This is a old profile I have just kept updating along the way. I'm open to a complete overhaul but would like some feedback to start.

Cheers,
James
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
looking for some feeback
Posted: 1/26/2016 1:31:30 AM
Good morning James,
You have some good pics and some not so good ones. The main is good. The 2nd one, with your ex, lose it. The 2 of the back of your helmet don't add anything, lose them. The chair lift selfie would be better if you weren't doing the dreaded duck face. You really need a couple more, non-boarding, pics.

Your first paragraph is OK, but I'd make it the 2nd instead. As a first paragraph you want something about yourself. You already have a lot of snowboarding stuff so how about what else you like to do?

Don't talk about "a girl". Talk directly to the reader instead, use "you" :)

Noooo, don't friend-zone yourself!

First date, no, the whole idea of a first date is to get to know someone. It doesn't depend on how well you know them already.......

Lose all the mail filters, they don't help you out in any way whatsoever.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 3
looking for some feeback
Posted: 1/26/2016 1:32:31 AM
Hi James, overall your profile is weak at best. There has to be more to you that being an optimist.

I'm ultimately looking for someone to date, but lets get to know each other a bit first.

The above falls in the both painfully obvious and filler area, this is the kind of garbage people use to make it appear as though they have a profile. When in reality it is worthless drivel.

Most of us recommend either 12 or 15 specific interests, if I recall you have 7, add a few more.

Have you seen the tips at the top of this forum in green?

Best wishes

Jerry
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
looking for some feeback
Posted: 1/26/2016 7:27:13 AM
Agreed, you need photos where your smiling face is much more visible. The main is cute, but the other pictures are almost impossible to tell it's you.

What do you do in Whistler when it's NOT snow season? What other Interests do you have that someone who may also be a permanent resident could do with you? The population there is so transient you need to really show you are there to stay. Maybe add a line about what you are doing for work to show the reliability/stability implied for a longer-term relationship.

You've made some changes since your last profile review but your circumstances are quite different now. Check out the BC events through your inbox - the Wet Coasters are usually quite a social group if you can get down to Vancouver for a weekend event.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > looking for some feeback