Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Here I am... Be gentle friends =D      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Here I am... Be gentle friends =DPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
You need better pictures.

Get rid of all the ones with your kids and cats and especially other women. Your main is the best of the bunch, but none of them are good quality, so you need to fix that.

You say you're looking for a relationship, but your (meager) write up says you're happy single and only may want somebody for a date here and there. So, it's not clear what you're actually looking for.

If you're looking for more than an occasional date, you need a better write up.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Here I am... Be gentle friends =D
Posted: 1/26/2016 4:47:44 PM
You had a 2 week window to change your age to the correct one, I suggest deleting this one and doing one with your correct age. As soon as Men read that they will wonder what else is a mistake :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/26/2016 4:57:02 PM
Honest.. the " I am really XXXX makes people go well darn, what else?
The Main is nice but blurry.. I'd not feature a child of mine on a dating site
Nothing really about you or the type of Man you seek
Don't talk about being on here before :/
And do not feature other women on your profile, all of a sudden the guys are like hey I like blondes
Small town, yes may have to cast a wider net
I wish you well
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/26/2016 6:26:08 PM

Should I just crop out my friends or get just solo pics??? (which I do not have any of... why would I? lol)

I'm fine with your pics.
I can see what you look like, and that you don't resemble the wicked witch of the west.
A lot of people on here are way too obsessive about pics.
Like they need to be able to count all your freckles or some such.

But I certainly do agree on the age thing.
You need to start over with the correct age upfront.
The "I made a mistake and can't correct it" is used all the time and sounds cliché now.

Thank you for not having a long list of mail restrictions like some women.
 jaja808
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/26/2016 8:57:42 PM
or at least don't end the profile saying you are older, put it at the beginning or don't mention it at all. You look a lot slimmer in the Halloween pic than the main pic. Which one is current? It is good to be honest about what you currently look like and leave out the old pics because that way the viewer can't compare them with how you used to look. Other than that, your profile seems really approachable and good.
 Forums_only
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/26/2016 10:19:43 PM

I took out the mention of my age since it's only 4 years and I'll explain as I chat with new people

Guys don't appreciate being BS'd, period. If someone is searching for a 44yr old, they'll miss you and there won't be an opportunity to 'chat'. There are just too many reasons to correct the age setting by redoing the profile.

The only other way around it is to make your profile invisible and only contact men in your real age range with an explanation about why you lied about your age. Then they can decide if they want to reply.

If you decide to redo your profile (it takes what, 10 minutes?) you can fix the photos and add more depth to your description.
 gcdeb
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2016 10:59:02 PM
"only 4 years" is a pretty big difference, imo. It's not the age that's the issue, it's the lie. Personally, I would (and have) cancelled a first date when the man confessed he was older than stated. If he can justify a lie about his age, what else will he justify lying about?

You have your old profile open in one window, and create the new profile in a new window. Copy and paste the information, tick some boxes, re-upload your pics and you're done. 10 minutes tops.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/27/2016 4:51:56 AM
This is just me, and I know I am "different" than the norm, your pictures would be more than good enough for me to "decide". However, better ones certainly can not hurt your chances.

The text IMO is seriously lacking, I have NO idea "who" you are from reading it.

I am also unable to determine if I might be "your type" of man from it.

For me, those are the two most important elements of any profile, although as I said earlier, I likely deviate from the norm in that area.

Best wishes

Jerry
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/27/2016 5:54:25 AM

I did not get too wordy with my write up as I feel nobody reads them

Why do you "feel" that? Is your feeling based on any kind of tangible empirical evidence?

You will get messages from guys who don't read the text, sure. You know the kind of message they will be sending. Do you want to only receive messages from that kind of guy?

Pics aren't too bad but the lie about the age is an instant deal breaker. I would stop communicating as soon as you revealed that to me. There is no excuse for lying about age, and it shows you to be a dishonest person.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/27/2016 8:56:22 AM

it never fails someone always asks "what do you"? "Where do you live"

Yes, that is a sure fire sign that the person has not read your profile. They are clearly lazy and/or stupid, or messaging so many people that they can't keep track. You should not reply to that person.

Instead, concentrate your time on the people who do take the time to get to know you a little before messaging you.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 11:39:44 PM
You are a pretty woman but you need to load clear shots of yourself alone and in good light. Full length and in something fetching. Men are very visual and sex sells. If the pics don't appeal they just click next.

Although your children's faces are quite obscured it is never a good idea ever to load pics of them. This is a dating site and they don't give permission. I would hope that you don't expose them to just casual dates either. You cannot be too careful in this world I am afraid.

If you feel you have to widen your net, then by all means do so. There is no point in putting restrictions on that may limit your choices. I don't know what you mean by something missing, I guess you mean a compatible partner??
 Forums_only
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/29/2016 9:53:00 AM
Nor is this the place for posting photos of underage minors. You may be able to get away with the helmet covering most of his face, but you have NO idea who's looking at that face. Nothing to do with 'parenting skills', it's just common sense.
 Forums_only
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:47:19 PM
*redacted*

No point in arguing with someone over something so obvious.

Good luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Here I am... Be gentle friends =D