Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Appreciated      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 excelsior385
Msg: 1
Profile Review AppreciatedPage 1 of 1    
Hey guys,

I've been trying this site for a month or so with no luck. If anyone could take some time to have a quick look at my profile and make some suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

(I know I wrote "guys" above, but I'd really love some help from gals too)

Thanks!
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Profile Review Appreciated
Posted: 1/26/2016 6:44:21 PM
Jeff - a few thoughts.

You only have one photo. Add more. No obvious selfies.

Your intent implies player ('nothing serious'). Young women looking for more than a weekend fling will not respond. If that's really all you're looking for, don't change it.

Why not add a few Interests that could be more specific, such as a favourite author, music group or artist, holiday spot, food or cuisine, a country on your 'bucket list', a favourite comedian...

No need to have the "I'm Jeff" opening because it already says "About Jeff".

You could add a few more details/elaboration in a few places. What kind of marketing work? What do you enjoy about it? **If you are just looking for casual sex/nothing serious, no need to change anything in the profile body as those that would respond don't read.

What are you saying in your introduction messages?
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/26/2016 9:00:17 PM
Hi Jeff, your description of yourself is quite lacking, you need to paint a picture with words giving the ladies a window to who you are.

I recommend at least 2 personality traits that make you unique and different, both used in a well constructed sentence.

Have you seen the tips at the top of the page in green?
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/26/2016 10:14:38 PM
Much better photo gallery, but you need to re-order them so you have a shoulders up well lit smiling head shot as a main.
 excelsior385
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/27/2016 6:59:43 PM
Thanks, guys!

Wow, I had no idea I was coming off as a player - I was looking for the total opposite - so that was really valuable. I had thought that by putting "nothing serious" on my profile, I would take some of the pressure off, but I've changed that now.

I've also rewritten my entire summary to be more descriptive - I see now that it said very little about me at all.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/27/2016 7:19:34 PM
Hi Jeff, it is never a good idea to ask the ladies to message you.

Write a great profile and you won't need to ask, some will.

Jerry
 tennistown
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/30/2016 11:25:56 AM

Posted By: Excelsior385 on 1/26/2016

I've been trying this site for a month or so with no luck.

It appears to me, to be much closer to three months.

You need a fresh, new "Main" profile picture.

What you have now, encompasses
nearly half of your most expensive real estate
on your profile picture. You show some silly placard
that can't even be read. You are wearing a T-shirt
and backpack straps! Fist pumping with a bony arm.

Not your best look.

Use that big brain of yours
to select a better picture of yourself.
If you can't seem to find one, take some freshies!
Good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Appreciated