Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeminiFun
Msg: 1
When did men stop bathing?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
So I have met several men for introductory first meetings, and several of them have chosen not to bathe. What the hell? Why would anyone show up for a first meeting stinking of BO??
I have met these men morning, noon, or night in public, on weekends and during the week, and the stench has been noticeable. If you are in your 40ties and have not mastered personal hygiene, why would anyone date you?
 scm600
Msg: 2
When did men stop bathing?
Posted: 1/29/2016 9:23:56 AM
Unfortunately, this isn't limited to men. I've met/dated women with the same issue. Huge turnoff for me. I like to dance ballroom and swing and I'm always amazed at how some rather attractive women don't seem to get that if you're going to get close to someone and you haven't had a shower since yesterday, you're not scoring any points!
Me? Minimum one shower/day, usually two. And when I'm going out with someone? Showering just before the date is something I wouldn't go without.
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/29/2016 10:52:48 AM
I'm glad it's not only me who encounters these non-bathers. I met a guy last summer and I swear he just hopped off the John Deere 2 minutes before I met him. Wearing a gray sweatshirt with a hole and sweat stains, paint-spattered jeans, grass-stained sneakers and a greasy looking ballcap. I won't even try to describe the smell emanating from him. He went in for a hug and I automatically put my arm up. I can understand not dressing to the 9's for a meeting, but geez, put a little effort into it.
 Chromis1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 11:35:12 AM
^^^^ Gotta wonder sometimes if folks who do this are subconsciously or not self-sabotaging themselves.
 OnRumFoLy
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/29/2016 12:34:04 PM
Count yourself lucky you found out early on - as in, before there was a relationship. My ex stopped the daily showers and moved to weekly showers about a month after we started living together and he wanted bjs every day.

Yeah, sure dear!!!! I’m on it - NOT!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:03:06 PM
I once met a guy off here and I made a joke about his not having shaved. He said "I wasn't going to shave for this." Psychoalalyse that, please.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:07:05 PM
^^^^^ " I wasn't going to shave for this " translates to " I don't feel any chemistry ".....for EITHER gender
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:14:27 PM
I once met a woman who had a swarm of flies buzzing around her behind..circling....kid you not..I assume that either her bunghole or her pants were not very well washed to attract a swarm like that..she seemed not to notice..either the smell of sh1t or was on her period?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:15:48 PM
^ That doesn't even make sense. We hadn't met before. He was the one who wanted to meet. If you can't do better than that, I'm revoking your license to practice.
 Kashmir60
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:17:17 PM
^^^^^^

Dude, that's just nasty. Way way TMI!
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:20:48 PM
How do you bathe if you live in Flint!!! And remember more lead can be absorbed by inhaling the hot water.

Ouch.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:22:47 PM
well..someone else (OP) started it..Kashmir 60 or Inner_Gorilla..whichever of your 2 accounts made the post
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:26:43 PM
"That doesn't even make sense. We hadn't met before. He was the one who wanted to meet. If you can't do better than that, I'm revoking your license to practice."

Allow me to clarify :

If he DID feel chemistry he would have had a different excuse , as in, a NON offensive one

Capice ?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:32:44 PM
^ My bad. But your bedside manner could still use some work.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Walts
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:38:37 PM

Personally, I haven't stopped. I bathe once a week, no matter what. Usually, it's Monday morning after a weekend full of shenanigans. Of course, sometimes, if the weekend was a real good one, I forget but, I make sure I double bathe the following Monday.

If you actually do some research on some of the "stuff" we use to cover up our natural odours, you would probably "stink" too. You definitely wouldn't let it near your children.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:47:40 PM
Well...you are Canadian, so I don't understand why funky...crusty azz men are a surprise, did you just relocate there ?
I live in New York...and I can smell them from here....

Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:48:15 PM
Maybe they are among the scads of woo-niacs that like the au naturel "no soap"baths? (Some of them don't believe in germs and washing their hands after wiping their arses, so I'd watch out.)
 marrakech7
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:58:52 PM
Almost as bad is waaaayyyy too much perfume or aftershave. Stink is stink. Yuk. As for b.o., oh my, both men and women are guilty. I once shared an office with a woman and I knew when her period began and ended .

The thing is, many that stink don't realise that they stink as they are used to their own stink, both body odours and perfume.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/29/2016 2:01:27 PM
I hope that everyone, especially women,, always remember to wipe front to back, not the other way around..

B.O. starting up an anti - Canadian hate group? Oh, my..
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/29/2016 2:08:50 PM
There are some mental illnesses that can be associated with lack of hygiene. Depression and schizophrenia are the ones that come to mind. Not sure what the explanation is for everyone, though. (Unless they're Canadian, of course.)
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/29/2016 2:17:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that guy was smelling New Jersey. He just likes to pretend it's Canada he's smelling.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/29/2016 2:35:56 PM
huh, there are usually a few chime in to say you should have mentioned it - the tell the truth group :/
Ok, one stinky guy but a lot of them? Soap doesn't cost much - no excuse. It's the bacteria that smells.
Eternity - that is why I refuse to shake hands.
 Maleman999
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/29/2016 2:46:01 PM

(Unless they're Canadian, of course.)

What's wrong with a Canadian wanting to smell like a moose or caribou? That's the sweet smell of nature. You won't see Eskimos complaining about how their partners smell.
 GeminiFun
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/29/2016 2:55:48 PM
Fortunately, I do not live in Michigan. I am very angry that what is occurring in Flint Michigan is or could happen anywhere in the developed world, much less in humanity.
Sadly, I can only call on my years of training for Emergency services, backpacking and camping where we bathe using Baby wipes. Yes, it is expensive if it is your only option for personal hygiene for months or years.
 gtomustang
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/29/2016 3:11:01 PM
Caretaking for elderly parents, I discovered some people stop b/c they fear falling in the slippery tub and breaking a hip, due to balance issues. Perhaps that's the case with these people, or they're just lazy, or don't care enough or....not sure what. Glad to say, I never meet these people. Sorry to say, don't meet any people. I guess its all another reason to date young? :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?