Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Idris Elba      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TucsonPug
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Idris ElbaPage 1 of 1    
All things are down to personal taste, personally I think he's gorgeous and talented, loved the wire, loved Luther, Not so keen on Beast of Nations but I don't like subtitles and couldn't get past the first 5 minutes.
Always comes across as a decent and likable geezer, What's not to like about him?
 TucsonPug
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Idris Elba
Posted: 1/31/2016 4:31:26 AM
Lol I'm obviously blinded by lust but lots of actors seem to just play themselves, that's what gets them picked for parts.
He's just one of the actors of the moment just as others have been before him but I think he'll last the course.
Not all actors go in for the methodology of Tom Hardy and Sean Penn etc.

Why are some people always voting to delete threads?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 6
Idris Elba
Posted: 1/31/2016 4:53:24 AM
Michael Caine has made a great deal of money
by simply playing Michael Caine all his life.....
sometimes it's a good idea.
Idris Elba might just be the black MC?

Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Idris Elba
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:42:43 AM
If the guy didn't have that deep baritone Darth-Vader type voice, I'm sure he would have been passed over for many roles. It's rare and gets attention.
-- Don't forget the all-important cinematic classic, "Pacific Rim"
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 9
Idris Elba
Posted: 1/31/2016 8:13:30 AM
OP, the issue here is definitely you and your style and taste...however your claim that Idris has no talent is incorrect...clearly you meant yourself.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Idris Elba
Posted: 1/31/2016 11:22:10 AM
I can't see how it's got anything to do with jealousy tbh some people just like to stir the pot.
The Revenant more blimmin sub titles, I think it was well done.
I get it, some people do one good film, series whatever and suddenly they're popping up all over the show, not great if you don't rate them is it?
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 14
Idris Elba
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:33:45 PM
OP, my mistake...you're a miserable bum...a great talent to have...cheers !!!!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Idris Elba
Posted: 2/1/2016 2:26:24 AM
It is all personal and for me, often a bit of the Emperor's new clothes. I can't see why Judi Dench is so revered, to my mind she is always Judi Dench playing someone, Helen Mirren is far better as is Jane Horrocks.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Idris Elba
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:36:07 AM
Gaun yirsel the chapster.
"It is all personal and for me, often a bit of the Emperor's new clothes. I can't see why Judi Dench is so revered, to my mind she is always Judi Dench playing someone, Helen Mirren is far better as is Jane Horrocks."

Jane Horrocks was boss in the film Sunshine On Leith. Her Edinburgh accent was barry compared to some who try it. And that nicely ties in with the clip below from said film where Jane Horrocks does said accent.

You Should Have Been Loved
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=aN74hUIJJdc

And just for the hell of it (filmed in the sarry heid through in the weege). Bet the tune sticks in the heid.

Over an done with
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1BlDk2JeOsA
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Idris Elba
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:54:54 AM
The poster child for someone playing the exact same character in every film has got to be -- Bruce Willis.

Other than getting an Emmy and Golden Globe for "Moonlighting" TV series, most of the 'Awards' he's received through his career were for the negative - Golden Razzberry and that kind of thing. But his movies have made somewhere around $3 BILLION, so he's laughing all the way to the bank.
 Jo van
Msg: 19
Idris Elba
Posted: 2/1/2016 12:25:52 PM
Msg:12 :
ahhh, the old "jealousy" accusation. It amazes me how quickly that get's brandished;

Well, considering you asked the question, in your opening post:

Am I just jealous because I'm short, pastey skinned and a little podgy?

It amazed me just how slowly it got brandished.
But I don't want a fight about it, I'm just saying...

Back on topic: I haven't watched anything with him in it, so I don't know my idris from my elba,
consequently, I don't really have an opinion on the chap.
I always thought Michael Caine was over-rated though.

In general, I think that ALL actors are just professional liars.
JMO

Why's everyone so tetchy?
What difference does it make where a poster's from?
There's only about 11 people left.
I'm grateful for any activity/opinions.
Carry on.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 21
Idris Elba
Posted: 2/1/2016 3:11:47 PM
fair enuf...I hear by withdraw my allegation of you being a bum as soon as you dismiss the blasphemy spewed regarding Idris....it's all rubbish ...dispel it at once....
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Idris Elba