Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Curious as to how my profile is received...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JG2La
Msg: 1
Curious as to how my profile is received...Page 1 of 1    
I'm curious, I mean, I've always wondered how my profile comes off... So, if you don't mind being honest and constructive, I'd appreciate it.
Also, please share your thoughts on my pictures. I'm truly hopeful that I can find a partner to care about, and I'd love to maximize my efforts here.
Be kind..? This should be interesting...

Thank you...
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 2
Curious as to how my profile is received...
Posted: 2/1/2016 6:40:36 PM
Geeze OP, you want to attract a woman with a woman already wrapped around you?
 JG2La
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:09:05 PM
That's it..? C'mon, brother, I was really hoping for some thoughts on my profile.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:12:42 PM
That's my thought, too. I didn't bother opening the profile, so no other thoughts.
 gcdeb
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:15:43 PM

That's my thought, too. I didn't bother opening the profile, so no other thoughts.
Same. Put up a sensible photo and then I'll be happy to devote some time to reviewing your written profile. You have no chance of attracting interest while you have that photo up (for several reasons), so it's not worth looking at the text part at this time.
 flaneur001
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:21:21 PM
JG2L: I'm curious, why would you pick a pic of you and a drunk woman hanging off of you as a main pic? There must be some logic to this?
 JG2La
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:29:21 PM
Isn't it a stretch to assume that she's drunk..? And, why is it assumes that she's a romantic interest..? She very well could be a close friend, or a family member.
 ndm147
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:34:01 PM
I took a peak at your profile. You say that you do not want trendy and flashy but the main profile picture is just that. Trendy clothes with a pretty woman with a very low cut dress draped over you. The other photos are fine. You have a job, raised two sons, played as a musician which is all positive.

Potential dates want to be the one draped over you at the party.
 flaneur001
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:35:51 PM
No it's not a stretch. It looks like she could barely stand on her own and you are propping her up. Sorry.

If you are asking why are you are not getting much positive feedback on your profile it's because unlike your intention (look at me and this hot woman) the reaction most people have is WHY does this guy have a woman hanging off of him on a dating site...weird!

Don't ask for feedback if your response is to argue.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:36:18 PM

She very well could be a close friend, or a family member.

Don't shoot the messenger my friend. You asked what's wrong with your profile.
 JG2La
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:40:43 PM
No argument, just reasonable questions.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:41:30 PM
No, not reasonable. If I had a picture of a guy holding me as a main shot, I wouldn't be asking for a profile review.
 koaladropbearsrule
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/1/2016 8:00:40 PM
You will not like what I write:

To me your profile reads like a middle aged man trying to relive his youth.
Main picture entwined with a younger woman.
No smiles.
Negative wording.
Complaining about the women on POF.

Now...
If you smiled, became more positive and were seeking to date women your own age you would do very well.
You are handsome and I am sure would be even more so with a smile.

Try it.
 Forums_only
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/1/2016 8:25:48 PM
Woman of all ages get messages from couples looking for threesomes. If they see a 'couple' has messaged them, they will delete the message without even reading it. Common sense.

Who is the guy you are standing with? Are we supposed to know who he is? There is a caption feature available.

"Prefer not to say" doesn't work. Do you want to make new babies or not? (let's assume not....?)

You missed the Interests field entirely. Once your photos are 'approved', a viewer wants to see what you have in common and learn a bit about your personality and/or humour. Here is where you'd list between 6-12 one or two-word items that describe your 'favourites' - musician, group, music genre, author, sport you play, team you follow, food or cuisine, weekend activity, local attraction, holiday destination, hobby or collection, comedian, TV show.. you get the idea. Avoid anything that falls under The Obvious Clause (Friends, Family) or is cringworthy (Cuddling, Snuggling, Kissing, Massages).

No need to have the whiny part about the photos on your profile, just put a "must have photo" restriction in your email settings.

A few tweaks and you will appear much more sincere.
 JG2La
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/1/2016 8:32:04 PM
Thank you for your thoughtful breakdown, I appreciate you taking the time.
 jaja808
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/1/2016 9:57:05 PM
Le sais le bon temps rouler! The first part of your about me is a whining part, but overall it reads well and feels complete. Nice part about you like wrinkles. Women love being accepted for who they are!! Maybe try deleting the pic with the woman for a set amount of time and determine if you get better results. I assume the younger guy is your son. You look like you are so proud of him and that is really endearing.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/2/2016 1:51:59 AM

Isn't it a stretch to assume that she's drunk..? And, why is it assumes that she's a romantic interest..? She very well could be a close friend, or a family member.

If all of the responders here assumed she's drunk and your ex or current GF or wife, then what do you think the average viewer of your profile will assume? The reviewers here are not some special sub-set of society that think differently than everyone else. They are telling you exactly what the average viewer will think when they see that pic.

"Why is that drunk woman draped all over this guy, and do I really want to get to know someone who will regularly have drunk women draped over him?"

You need to change the pic if you want ANY chance of success here. You seem very strangely attached to it, though, for some reason? It's not even that great of a pic. Bad colours, poor quality, and you look like your cat just died. Seriously, delete and burn it.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 1:59:59 AM
All pictures, not just the main, which is a total turn off, so, most women would probably not even open your profile having seen that one, scream aging but still wanna-be young player.

I'm not sure what your thinking is in posting any of those pictures. None are of good quality. Only one even shows your face clearly, and that is NOT a good picture of you.

My guess is that after those pictures, most women probably won't even read it.
 tennistown
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/2/2016 7:59:06 AM

I'd love to maximize my efforts here.

The first sentence of your "About Me"
is pretty jaded, which does not equate
to you being a fun guy.

Then, the second sentence comes like a tsunami
wave, drowning the last of your readers.

. . . . who knew that finding a strong-willed, smart, attractive woman with a great ass (smirk), would be so hard..?

Rarely do women want to be thought of as "a piece of ass."

So, I suggest replacing the first two sentences.
Frankly, I didn't read past that. (Much like your target audience.)

I wont talk (much) about your pictures,
a little, but not much. Is the impaired person
with you, in your "Main" photo your brother?
The dude is in transition? Look at those "Man Hands!"
I concur "that" picture should be removed.
Replaced by a solo picture.
Good luck!
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/2/2016 2:32:38 PM

POF has a way of introducing you to all types, except the one you want or need. I was looking for someone special (like most of us), but who knew that finding a strong-willed, smart, attractive woman with a great ass (smirk), would be so hard..? Still looking.

Contemptibly pathetic and pointless. Get rid of this shite.

What I've been looking for in a significant other is someone who I can relate to, talk with, care about, and work with to develop something special, a genuine friend. Grace, charm, wicked smile, warm heart, tender eyes, depth, trust, and emotional maturity... Just some of the wish list. I prefer a wrinkle or two, laugh lines, we're all getting older and we've earned them, the magic's in how you wear it.

This should be your last paragraph after you have constructed two very interesting paragraphs describing yourself and what you have to offer and another about your interests and any interesting anecdote about one of your interests.

Me..? I'm an alright guy, secure in who I am, with an almost complete world. I have a relaxed style, predictably unpredictable, and I've been told that I'm very easy to open up to, I do actually listen, and I enjoy free-flowing conversation. Received my "Been There/Done That" badge a long time ago, as a former professional guitar player who has seen a lot of the world. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, but it's not something that I have any desire to do again. I raised two sons on my own, took it pretty seriously, but that is now winding down, and the nest will soon be empty. I'm in decent shape for my age, I'm well rounded, and I try to be emotionally available.

You got the memo about the repetitive I's.

But, what do you have to offer?

BTW -- lose the photo with the lovely lady and her blotted-out face -- it's really unappealing.
 Coma_White
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 2:44:33 PM

I'm curious, I mean, I've always wondered how my profile comes off... So, if you don't mind being honest and constructive, I'd appreciate it.
Also, please share your thoughts on my pictures. I'm truly hopeful that I can find a partner to care about, and I'd love to maximize my efforts here.
Be kind..? This should be interesting...

Thank you...

I would recommend deleting the profile and completely starting over. There should be something in your profile relevant to attraction. Your main photo should be a headshot of you smiling. You can comfortably delete everything you have now because it's not relevant to getting dates.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Curious as to how my profile is received...