Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lacey1881
Msg: 1
Profile Review Please :)Page 1 of 1    
Hi there I would really like to see how my profile comes off to other people.
I've been quite curious how my dating profiles are perceived and ended up stumbling
on the POF forums and then this thread so I figured this would be my chance to find out.
Thank you in advance for your honest advice and opinions whatever they may be ^_^
 ScooterSB
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile Review Please :)
Posted: 2/4/2016 4:29:42 PM
Hi Lacey,

Your profile is not the worst, it's not bad at all, but it could be tightened.

You have lots of selfies of your face, but no full length body photo, this is actually an important thing, people want to see what yoru body type is to see if they are attracted to you, and to see if you are truthful in your description.

Maybe it's because I'm from the UK, but I have absolutely no idea what a SAHM is, so maybe that could be clarified.

I am pansexual.

I would avoid mentioning this in your profile. Putting yourself in the mindset of a perv guy, he's going to be thining "Oh whoa, she's open about her sexuality, that means she wants to have sex! Also, pansexual means she's probably up for a 3som"
Let this be something that comes up naturally in conversation either in messaging or on dates.

I have a immense amount of love for animals
I'm not religious.
I'm very open minded.
I love odd people and odd things.
everything so far has started with "I" can we think of other ways to write the sentence to avoid it being repetitive.

Just a warning in advance. I am not willing to change it to please you or your family and friends.

Wow, talk about jumping the gun. Not even a message yet, let alone a date, and you are already telling the reader how you are going to be when you meet their family.

Wanna know more just ask. Im a open book.

Actually, no, you're not. If you were an open book you would have written more here:

What do you do for fun/hobbies?
What music do you like, what are your fav 3 bands/artists?
What movies do you like, what are your top 3 movies?
Do you like to cook? Any speciality dishes?
Have you travelled anywhere exciting?
What will it be like to date you?
How will dating you be an exciting adventure?

****DO NOT ASK ME FOR KIK THAT APP IS DUMB I DON'T SEE THE POINT UNLESS YOUR TALKING TO A BUNCH OF PEOPLE ONLINE YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW.
****DO NOT ASK ME FOR MY NUMBER AFTER JUST SAYING HI.

All this can go, who do you think is reading this?
Dumb perv guys who just want to get you on KIK or get your number after sating hi arn't going to read this, they are just going to click on your profile and send a message without reading it.
Guys who are serious about dating you will read it and might actually be put off as, along with much of the rest of your profile, it comes across as negative and a little demanding.
So messages like this will actually put off guys you want, and guys you don't want will just ignore it anyway.

Keep your profile informative, fun and interesting. Make a great guy think to himself "wow I really need to message this guy". Douche guys will always message you, and you can always ignore them, the trick is to make sure the good guys don't skip by on your profile.
 Lacey1881
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/4/2016 4:59:38 PM
Thank you for your honest review.

Okay I've removed the last part about the kik that actually makes alot of sense and you are correct. In reality its not even an actual derterant anyways so its pointless to have on my profile. I've added Music that I listen to on my about me. STHM means Stay at home mom.
I'm not sure how to word the other part differently. I find it hard to talk about myself other than stating facts.
I have on my profile that I am a bigger person which is true so I didn't think a full body picture was completely necessarily because I find it hard to believe that a woman would lie about being overweight lol

Okay onto the reason I put that I am Pansexual and how I dress in my profile. Okay so I live in a very very very very religious and conservative state. Its called the bible belt. Years ago I lived here for a year and a half and had went on many many dates from hell and had a relationship from hell. I put my sexuality and how I dress out there because both of those things are a important part of who I am and I know how the people are here. It keeps the homophobic people away. The people you are worried about the ones who are hoping for threesomes lol that is something that has never ever happened to me here. Only the people who tell me I am going to hell. Which I am much happier for them to tell me that over the internet then to start dating them and catch feeling (sense I do catch feeling quite quick -_-) and them to say it to my face and hurt me. So I do belive I am better keeping that part up but I appreciate your suggestion.
Also I do get alot of crap from the way I dress and its off putting for some. but I suppose that I dont need that on my profile so you are right about that.
 Lacey1881
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/4/2016 5:02:21 PM
I also wanted to add the fact that I am on disability which is why I am a Stay at home mom since I am sure that seems questionable
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/4/2016 6:33:21 PM
Please immediately remove the photos of your beautiful child and his name. There's absolutely no legit reason for either of those on an online adult dating site. Save that face for someone who has earned the privilege.

Yes, a full length shot is needed. Your definition of BBW and someone else's could be vastly different. Let your viewer judge if it works for him/her.

SAHM doesn't make sense. How about "Homemaker"? Will whatever your disability is affect how you will be able to participate in a relationship? Is it a mobility thing or something else? If it's a mobility issue, you will need to talk about activities that you CAN do and enjoy doing, especially as a young person who will have at least one child in your future.

Friends/Family does not need to be in your Interest field, they fall under The Obvious Clause.

Pansexual or not, unless you are actively contacting women looking for women, it's virtually impossible another woman is going to find you randomly, especially as your profile states you are looking for a man. Do take advantage of other sites where you can seek either.

I don't read anything in all caps because it's just like yelling. Whatever that was is probably negative anyway. You've already had some great suggestions - I'd love to see what you can do with a little editing.

Good luck!
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/5/2016 1:21:17 AM
Nice main pic. Pic 2, you look moody. 3, 4, 5, 6 - delete all of these. 7 is too similar to 1. 8 is OK. You need more, varied, good quality pics of you, alone, and at least 1 full body.

I managed to figure out SAHM from all the baby shots.....

I find it hard to believe that a woman would lie about being overweight lol

Really? Do you find it hard to believe a guy would lie about his height or age or income? These are some of the most common lies people tell on dating sites.

Okay onto the reason I put that I am Pansexual...................................

Yadda yadda yadda. It doesn't matter one iota why you are pansexual and how you "dress" it on your profile. As Scooter said, this has no place on your profile at all. You have stated that you're looking for a man. That is all he needs to know, is that you're interested in and attracted to him. It doesn't matter who/what else you're attracted to.

Unfortunately your profile is really not good. The first part is a list with every entry beginning "I...". It's much more readable and interesting if you write in a proper paragraph rather than a list.

The caps is hard to read because you ARE SHOUTING. Plus a list of bands etc is incredibly boring to read. Nobody is going to read through all of that. 2 or 3, maybe a good idea to find common ground. But more than that is simply going to cause the reader to roll their eyes and click "next".

You don't need the *** HEADINGS *** either, and you don't need to specify your age range here. Either use a filter, or don't bother.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please :)