Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review needed for my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Erch33
Msg: 1
Review needed for my profilePage 1 of 1    
Hi all,

I would like to have my profile reviewed as I have been here in POF for more than a year and my reply rate is low to none.

I consider myself a good catch, both from who I am as a person and from my looks. Back in my home country (I'm from Argentina) I had relatively good success (both in dating sites as outside of the online world) but here I have really low success.

So, thanks for taking the time, and I'm open to all constructive criticism.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Review needed for my profile
Posted: 2/7/2016 9:41:16 AM
This must be a new profile as it says' you've been here only since January.

The gallery shows a great variety of activities. This is good. I'm assuming the little boy is you - cute as you are, it's not really helpful in a dating profile. There is an option to caption the photos to explain where you are and try for a little humour if you can.

You have only a few Interests noted, most of which are generic/flat. Instead of just "music", why not mention your favourite type of music, band or artist? Same with "travel" - where are a few places you've been? What about a favourite sport you play or team you follow?

It would be interesting to mention early in your profile where you are from originally so that any little grammar slips aren't as irritating. Do you still have a bit of an accent? (some women go crazy for that - mention it if you do!)

There are some women on these sites that judge by superficial stats (ie: height) before anything else. There is nothing you can do about it, so don't waste any time taking your response rate personally. The right woman for you will melt at that great smile. Good luck!
 Erch33
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/7/2016 10:20:18 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I've done some improvements, I hope they were in the right direction.

BTW, I have been in and off POF several times (as it's quite annoying to have zero communication there), but I begun trying it more than a year ago.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2016 11:26:17 PM
All I will say is that the pictures and the stats are what count. You can tweak your profile all you like but it wont do any good unless the images appeal upfront. I wonder why you persist when it is all so annoying???. The success rates are very low and most men in fact don't have any real success here.
 Erch33
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:32:36 AM
Thank you Letitia.

I'm not sure I'm following with your comment, are you saying that my pictures are not good? All of them? What should I improve about my pictures?
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:11:20 AM
I think your photos are fine, IMHO. I think the one in which you are actually cooking should be your main profile photo.

What may limit your contacts is that you travel extensively. This is good for your mind and personal enrichment; however, a lady around your age with an established career and roots who may want to settle down may find that you're not always available for her. On the other hand, you may find somebody who would and can accompany you and travel for pleasure.

You might want to consider the type of women you are contacting and if the content of the profiles seemingly match with yours.

Another thing is that your height may limit your pool as well. That, however, doesn't mean you won't find an interesting lady.

You might need assistance from a friend well versed in English to help you format your profile so it reads well. You also need to include what you have to offer and the type of women you seek.

BTW, I think the trip to Saudi Arabia must have been quite an interesting experience.

All of my best to you.
 tennistown
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:45:56 AM

my reply rate is low to none.

I have a simple suggestion
that will be fun to try,
and easy to do.

Take a new "Main" profile picture.

Hey! There's no guarantee's in life
and It may not help, (but, it sure couldn't hurt!)

When I first saw your current picture
in the blue long sleeve shirt, I wanted
to nick-name you "Mr Wrinkles."

Though it's true, most men can't see wrinkles in our own clothes.
I know I can't, when presenting myself in the mirror.
Yet women see all.

You should want them, to want you.

Not to iron your shirt, but to embrace
the opportunity, when you swoop in
for that first kiss.

So, take a picture journey. For a fresh
"Head and Shoulders" shot,
that will have her smoldering for more.
Good luck!
 Forums_only
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/8/2016 8:22:26 PM
You've done a good job at changing out the main photo to a closer one, and added some great information in your opening paragraph.

Please continue to send short, specific introduction messages to women you find interesting, no fluff or begging for a reply. Don't give up!
 Erch33
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/21/2016 6:52:24 PM
I'm still not having any reply to my msg! I don't know wha to do. Is quite depressing. Same thing happens in all other dating sites or apps.

I don't know why is this happening.
 Chromis1
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2016 8:03:39 AM
Couple of things that might help.

Within your eight photos your facial hair varies quite a bit. However you look today is the exact look you should be putting forward in all of your pictures. Some women don't like beards or stubble. Some do. By presenting both bearded and clean shaven looks, you might be alienating both camps. Consistency is important.

Smile is good. Keep that. When the camera goes "click", put your chin forward. You've got a double-chin look going and that's not putting your best foot forward.

So, yeah, you might need a complete new set of pictures but with no effort comes no results.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/22/2016 7:11:40 PM

I'm still not having any reply to my msg!

Oh no! Say it ain't so!

And you followed the "expert" advice?

Argentina WILL have to cry for you.

Is quite depressing.

Yes, I know it is.

Same thing happens in all other dating sites or apps.

Doesn't surprise me.

I don't know why is this happening.

Then I will give it to you straight.
Like I have to others before.

Women overall just do not participate as fully in the online dating process as they used to years ago, for whatever reasons they have come up with inside their heads.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you about my track record-in the past, not currently.
Things shifted dramatically over the last couple of years.

Best advice I can give is to use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages, and hope it starts to get appreciated again soon.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review needed for my profile