Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 2
Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

What do you think?

Don't know what I'm thinking this early in the morning but, I am wondering.

As in,

who's hot, and who's not?

I'm sore.

And it's going to be much worse tomorrow morning after another day in the garden today.

February on the West Coast does, every so often, gives you a "not so rainy" day.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 3
Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:50:15 AM
You're right...most woman are here for attention !!!
Do not date a woman that's been on this site longer then a year...if she's serious about meeting a guy, she should have by then, either on this site...or in the streets...she has some kind of deficit.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:14:42 AM
I think your bullshit didn't last too long
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:18:38 AM

A few days ago I was talking to a hot woman on this site and she admitted to me that she's not looking for a relationship right now and that she's happy being single, yet her profile says that she IS seeking a relationship.

Maybe she's not into you. Many women are looking for a serious relationship.

You deleted your profile 15 minutes after posting this question?
 Walts
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:19:59 AM

I think your bullshit didn't last too long

Either did his profile.

A lot of "poofing" going on nowadays?????

Tis the season?????
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/8/2016 8:41:40 AM
Interesting that you mentioned that many of these hot women have been here for years.

When I was on the market I did notice these super hot women, what I called Barbie dolls. They were here for years, and I believe if you look again they may still be here right now.

I had dates with some of these women and my impression was that they wanted something that didn't exist. A super attractive guy, that made a ton of money with a boat at the lake, who also even though was very attractive and could have any women, only slept with them. These are the women that say "no players" in their profiles, yet they shoot down every single average nice guy, thus only the players get to them.

With that said, realize that not all hot women are like that. Many hot women, hate online dating, or going to bars, or the single scene. Many of these hot women are also moms, professionals, busy people with careers and don't have the time. Many of these hot women want to be in a relationship, but are sick and tired of the bu ll s h it they had to put up with the guy they were with before.

What you have to do as a guy is learn to figure out the difference between the two types of hot women. Both of them come to dating sites like this one. But the second one, only last in here for two months. After that they are done and more than likely now in a relationship.
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2016 9:16:19 AM
This is not really a gender-specific topic being raised here.
POF is unique that it has two "sections" that are pretty much independent.

A woman might be on the Forums yet may already have a boyfriend.
Just like a hot guy might have a girlfriend, yet enjoys the Forums.
 RiverEdge
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/8/2016 11:47:10 AM
op, if you're going to take it that seriously; you also have to accept they reserve the right to refuse service and limit quantities. :-)

Its just a free dating site ... gotta expect a lot of nonsense.
 ndm147
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/8/2016 12:05:22 PM
What exactly is a "hot" woman? That is in the eyes of the beholder. Some men like petite women, some like tall women with long legs, some like pretty feet, some like big busted women, etc, etc.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/8/2016 12:08:31 PM

What exactly is a "hot" woman? That is in the eyes of the beholder.

I think you're wrong. It's really in the eyes of the beer holder.

Hehehehe. Couldn't resist.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/8/2016 12:15:45 PM
^ That's why I'm always late for first meets, and encourage the guy to have a few drinks before I get there. You're not the only one who knows how to play the game.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/8/2016 1:50:00 PM
^^^
A game indeed...hopefully he won't be to drunk and frisky when you get there, you'd likely find him under the table with the waitress....
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/8/2016 1:52:41 PM
Does the inability to recognize a joke impede your social life?

It seems most women say they want a guy with a sense of humour. It must be a tremendous disability while trying to date.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/8/2016 2:02:13 PM

What exactly is a "hot" woman?

Hot women:

Sophia Vergara
Beyoncé
Jennifer Lopez

NOT hot women:

Sandra Bernhard
Rhea Perlman
Janet Reno

(those 3 made the ListVerse top 10 list of ugliest female celebrities)
 gtomustang
Msg: 16
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 2/8/2016 5:15:56 PM
when her profile says she's looking, and she tells you she isn't....she isn't lying to the world....just to you.

sorry. some people don't like confrontation.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 17
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 2/8/2016 8:07:39 PM
Well, I'm looking for a relationship, I'm not ugly (maybe not hot either, but have been told I'm attractive), and I've been single since 2012. I've had a few relationships over the years, but nothing that led to anything serious. So now it's "my fault" that I'm still single?

I'm not looking for a rich guy, just a regular job would do. I'm looking for healthy and in shape, but not a gym rat. I'm looking for someone intelligent and loyal, not a player. I'm not desperate enough to be in a relationship with just anybody though. I have preferences and standards, and maybe if I was younger and my clock was ticking, I'd "settle" for someone who was good enough, but now, I'd rather be on my own than with someone who just doesn't feel right. I bet many women with options and no ticking clocks feel the same. I'm content just dating different people here and there, but yes, the ultimate goal is to find THE ONE that makes me want to stop looking.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 18
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 2/8/2016 9:26:38 PM

I'm not ugly (maybe not hot either, but have been told I'm attractive), and I've been single since 2012.

Karma, to many men you're hot. That is all that should matter, that to them you are awesome.

I chose my woman not because it was all that I could find, but because to me she is the hottest woman out there.

After that anything else has to do with personality, attitudes, likes and dislikes and the crazy thing that is chemistry. So don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 20
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 2/9/2016 7:47:14 AM
I'm just looking for my keys. I know I put them somewhere.
 swampyswampy
Msg: 21
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:02:50 AM
i think some of the seriously hot women i mean like models are fake perhaps even guys pretending to be women? i also suspect many of them have boy friends but are seeing if they can upgrade to a better one?
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:23:19 AM

It seems to me that an awful lot of women on POF are just here to see how much attention they can get,

So?

Isn't that the point of participating on a dating site? To draw attention to find somebody who's a good match?
 Cycling99
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/9/2016 11:24:30 AM

but they have no interest in dating

This is the use of a dating site. The OP is correct, for the most part, women here simply want to boost their self-esteem. and that is evil!
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/9/2016 11:50:22 AM
FYI, the "hot" chick is looking for a relationship ... just not with you.

She's just trying to let you down easy by telling you she's not really looking for anything.
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 25
view profile
History
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 2/9/2016 1:29:25 PM
My situation and thoughts are pretty much exactly as Karma's is/are. Couldn't have said it better myself.
All I know is that it's never been this difficult before. I truly believe technology often kills possible long term relationships possibilities nowadays, before they can really get off the ground and running. And that acknowledgement makes me sad.

I've tried "taking it to the streets", but not many my age are out and/or are taken.
But hope springs eternal, 2 new dates this weekend. So many dates, so little comes from them - even if they were really great. It's really getting mentally exhausting.

End mini-rant lol
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 26
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 2/16/2016 9:25:54 PM
It has never been this difficult before. I'm with you on that.

I think it's because we actually do now have access to every type of guy. And frankly, I don't want access to every type of guy.
The nasty ones have scared me off.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/17/2016 12:07:34 PM

And also, many of the hot women on POF have been here for years. Are we suppose to believe that these hot women haven't be able to find a decent guy after all this time? It seems to me that an awful lot of women on POF are just here to see how much attention they can get, but they have no interest in dating, which is why most of them ignore your messages.

Honestly, I'm 99% sure they're bait profiles run by bot scripts. Every town I've been in (Portland, Denver, Phoenix) has them. They're always extremely samey-samey in how they're constructed; a lot of them, the outdoor environments aren't congruent with the respective locales; and they spend an inordinate amount of repetitive active time on the site despite being on here for years, but never changing up the text in the body or the stats.

Really, I'm supposed to believe pretty girls in their 20s and 30s aren't at least going to be on-and-off the site with SOMETHING here-or-there. Riiiiiiiiiiiggggghht, IAC.

Plenty Of Fish is, and always has been, an exercise in gray hat marketing. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if eventually someone hacked it, and it blew out like Ashley Madison and was overwhelmingly shill/zombie profiles.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?