Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What am I doing worng      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MindoverMatt
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What am I doing worngPage 1 of 1    
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=90490556

Tell me what I am doing wrong i know they "View My Profile" moments after sending but I never get a response so I wonder what am I doing worng, I dont go to bars and drink so online dating is the only way I can meet women.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
What am I doing worng
Posted: 2/10/2016 9:14:15 PM
You've had a review before? Under a similar name?

In your age range, it's 90% about the photos. You have two indoor headshots and one is obviously obsolete. You will need a couple of full length casual shots - let someone else take them. Got anything from a recent vacation? event?

This current profile is a year old - have you pretty much gone through the eligible girls in your area? Not sure what size the population is - sometimes that's an issue.
 tennistown
Msg: 3
What am I doing worng
Posted: 2/11/2016 1:59:39 PM

Posted By: MindoverMatt
I wonder what am I doing worng,

I too remember your profile
before you changed your username.
You retained the same "Main" image.
And much, if not all, of your text.

The chair behind you, filled with clutter,
makes me think shut-in or recluse.
Perhaps a little bit of "hoarder" in you? A lot?
I'd change that picture pronto.
(As was suggested ions ago.)

Well, your "Headline" reads too clingy!

MindoverMatt: looking for someone who likes me for me

I hesitate to offer any more review advise
if you are unwilling or unable
to make any changes.
Come on!
Try?
Good luck.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What am I doing worng
Posted: 1/15/2017 3:24:52 PM
Only one post per person, so bumping this.

Text is pretty good.

Delete the first sentence about not being good at writing about yourself, it is negative and shows you lack confidence. It also isnt true as your writing is fine.

Switch some of the order round, talk about yourself first then talk about the person you are looking for, can come across as demanding otherwise. Simply move your first paragraph to the end.

Add more about romance and dating "to me, romance means....." "On a date with me you can expect....." "You should date me beacuse......"

Other than that it's fine. Basically responses to your profile will not increase until your photos improve......so....

GET

NEW

PHOTOS!!!
 MindoverMatt
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What am I doing worng
Posted: 1/15/2017 5:12:34 PM
I have made some updates what do you guys think?
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
What am I doing worng
Posted: 1/15/2017 11:33:17 PM
I think you need to read the above posts which tell you very clearly to GET NEW PHOTOS.

Without new photos you WILL fail.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 7
What am I doing worng
Posted: 1/16/2017 5:18:56 AM
Too wordy, delete some of it. Delete the 'why you should date me' nonsense. It sounds desperate. Too much emphasis on 'romance' stuff when youve never had a relationship (under 1 year). New good photos are a must.
 MindoverMatt
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What am I doing worng
Posted: 11/19/2017 3:39:26 PM
So I have recently made some changes to my profile, mainly in the description. How dose it sound? any way to make it sound better?
 Forums_only
Msg: 9
What am I doing worng
Posted: 11/19/2017 6:52:34 PM
Remove the photo of you climbing on that girl. Get a bright, smiling (with teeth) head and shoulders shot as your main. We want to see eyes and teeth. At 5'6", you really need to focus on the first best impression.

Do replace a couple of the generic Interests (music, travel, movies, reading, cooking are the usual culprits) and instead go with a one or two-word specific example ie: Nickelback, Iceland, Marvel films, The Twilight Series, BBQ - or whatever works for you. Be specific or be boring.

Remove the line about not being perfect. Nobody is and shining a big old spotlight on a negative doesn't help you here. Flip it around as a positive - "I'm the kind of guy that takes a mistake as a learning opportunity and applies it."
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
What am I doing worng
Posted: 11/20/2017 9:24:37 AM
My advice is the same as my last post

Other than that it's fine. Basically responses to your profile will not increase until your photos improve......so....

GET

NEW

PHOTOS!!!
 MindoverMatt
Msg: 11
view profile
History
What am I doing worng
Posted: 11/20/2017 6:22:29 PM
Just so your all aware I do get messages and i have gone on dates with people from here. just have not had any replies in the last 3 weeks so I was looking to freshen up the profile.
 bearcat44
Msg: 12
What am I doing worng
Posted: 10/18/2018 6:29:43 PM
Time to think about things a little bit. Watch these vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXdxaaRiAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPGijYBaVE&t=53s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBKT6ZV9Xg
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What am I doing worng