Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Hey! I'd Appreciate a profile review :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wanderlust2105
Msg: 1
Hey! I'd Appreciate a profile review :) Page 1 of 1    
Hey , I am looking to improve profile. Any honest/thoughts or suggestion about the content? I do get replies but its more like for the 40-50% of the profiles I ping. So advice from ya'all will be great!
 Chromis1
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Hey! I'd Appreciate a profile review :)
Posted: 2/12/2016 7:37:29 AM
You're getting a 40%-50% response rate - you're hitting a grand slam in the online dating game. You probably would be smart to keep changes, if any, to a minimum.

One thing that might help - have at least one picture showing a very big smile. You know ... big, big. Show all your teeth.
 tennistown
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:24:17 AM

Posted By: wanderlust2105
I am looking to improve profile.
I do get replies but its more like for the 40-50% of the profiles I ping.

So a 50% reply rate, isn't good enough for you?

What are you hoping for? 90-100%?
You could comfortably add "Dreamer" to your
"Interests" list.

Yeah, add that.
Good luck!
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:13:43 AM
You answered the Drugs question incorrectly by your own admission.

I'm truly shocked at the response rate you are getting for several reasons. If you're not happy with the responses to the profiles you are 'pinging', why are you contacting those ones? I just don't see that you need any 'help' if you are getting this many replies.
 wanderlust2105
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/12/2016 11:25:25 AM
@Forums_only

"Been" a hippie.. Hope that rings a bell. It was in the past and i dont do it anymore. So No i haven't answered the question incorrectly. And i dont contact the ones that i ain't interested in.. I "ping" like 7 -10 people a week and i get a reply from 3-5 . So was hoping for suggestions
 wanderlust2105
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/12/2016 11:25:50 AM
@chromis1
Thanks Mate, ill be sure to upload one of that kind :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/12/2016 11:30:57 AM
... so then why reference the time you were high in Thailand? Whatever.

You don't need suggestions if you are getting responses. Why aren't these converting into meetings? THAT's your problem., can't help you there.
 glamourgirl01234
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/15/2016 8:30:59 PM
Don't listen to Chromis! His profile basically tries to BUY females.

He offers them a free fill up and LUBE job! OMG! LOL!!
Think I'm making this up - look at his profile! haha

Anyway, your current AVI is BY far the best of your pics. You don't have to smile.
That headphone pic is very cool and a definite Keeper. Don't listen to those fogeys.

It's a great pic and your profile seems perfect for the type of women you are trying to attract! :)
 glamourgirl01234
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/15/2016 8:35:17 PM
And DEFINITELY don't listen to Forums Only aka Threesomes NEVER
OMG! LOL!

She is always ragging on guys. A BIG TIME feminist if you catch my drift. Useless advice I'd say at least 60% of the time. She's sometimes good but only with real rough cases. I think that's true for most of these self-appointed reviewers. They are somewhat helpful w/people that seem really lost. But, when someone comes in that has it going on more or less they become really JELLY!

OMG! LOL!!

Her advice here is not surprising. How is it any of HER business why you don't meet w/the girls you're in contact with. You asked a simple question - how can I improve my conversion rate on contacts and she starts to hector! bahahah

One of the best profile advice tips anyone can get in this forum is DON'T LISTEN to certain reviewers. They are often way out of their element!
 Chromis1
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2016 9:40:32 PM
^^^^ Worst fake profile I've ever seen.

OMG! LOL!!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/15/2016 10:13:30 PM
She's excited that she got proposed to! She wants to scream it from the rooftops! I was excited too when my time came.
 glamourgirl01234
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/16/2016 5:26:25 AM
Chromis! How sad when you have to get you fellow AARP members to co-sign for you! lol
Anyone who thinks offering a free oil change and 8 gallons of gas (esp at today's bargain prices) is a way
to win a woman over must be from the 1940's! hahah
 Chromis1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2016 6:47:17 AM
^^^^ Mr. PigWhoAlwaysGetsDeleted, you're just not that bright. You have a major tell in your profile and you're not even smart enough to know what the giveaway is.
 glamourgirl01234
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/16/2016 7:08:38 AM
bahah Chromis-Magnon has accused me of being 15 diff people by now! lol

Sorry, I'm Glamour Girl. And let's try to stay focused on reviewing profiles, shall we.
Well, that's what I'm doing. You SHOULD do anything but. Your reviews are usually HORRIBLE!
OMG! LOL!!
 Chromis1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2016 1:20:42 PM
^^^^ Later, Mr. Pig. You'all stop back here again real soon, ya hear?

Sorry for the hijack, OP.

Your profile is looking much better.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2016 3:15:45 PM
If you are getting messages from all these girls why arnt you taking them out on dates? Forget improving your profile, get out and there and get some dates going!

Anyway, two comments about your profile. Your main photo should be a clear bright smiling photo where your whole face is visible, ie ditch the sunglasses.

The picture of you with a gun needs to go. What woman has ever said "I am really turned on by a guy who can fire a riffle" that photo will turn more women away than it will attract.
 Chromis1
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2016 8:06:47 PM

The picture of you with a gun needs to go. What woman has ever said "I am really turned on by a guy who can fire a riffle" that photo will turn more women away than it will attract.

Normally I'd agree with this and, in this instance I do indeed, but only because the OP's picture makes it appear that he's only a casual shooter. Serious shooters always wear ear protection.

If he was a serious shooter, that fact should be divulged. A picture will do the trick. In my profile I listed "target shooting" as an interest. If a woman abhors guns, she'd know to stay away.
 wanderlust2105
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/17/2016 11:41:56 AM
@chromis thanks mate! I am glad that fake profile got deleted , such a mess. And you got it right. More of a casual shooter . Like once in a couple months maybe but if that does freak women, i might want to replace the picture
 Chromis1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 12:39:33 PM

i might want to replace the picture

You should. It's probably not helpful.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Hey! I'd Appreciate a profile review :)