Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 1
Profile Review PleasePage 1 of 1    
Hi All,

I would like some honest feedback about my profile.
I'm trying to find a good way to express who I am and what I'm looking for in a potential match without coming on too strong.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/16/2016 4:08:06 PM
Hi there!

First of all, you need much better pictures. The only one that's any good at all is the second to last, where we can actually see your face.

Second, your profile is, for the most part, nothing but a list of clich├ęs. You need to be more specific to paint a vivid picture of what life with you or dating you would be like.

Unless you're getting a ton of messages from undesirables, your list of deal breakers serves no purpose, and it is negative, so delete it. The way to weed out people is not to respond to the ones you're not interested in, not to try to keep them from emailing you. People do what they want, and if a woman wants to email you, she will (I wouldn't hold my breath, necessarily).

Lists of negative things tend to turn off the ones we want as well as the ones we don't, so they're counterproductive.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 3
Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/16/2016 4:55:24 PM
Ten years younger but only one year older?
smh
And a woman with beauty and brains.. so what you bringing to the table my friend?
I mean - the Main is dark, sunnies ( against site rules) and yes a lot of cliches.
Alas many think just tossing together a profile going to make it rain hotties. Nope, you have to do some serious work you want the brainy Beauty
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 4
Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/16/2016 5:17:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback LiliMarleen!

I see your point, coming up with a good format has been difficult for me.
I wasn't sure if listing deal breakers was needed or not.

I've made a few adjustments, what do you think?
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 5
Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/16/2016 5:27:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback ouija2025, although I don't understand where all the hate is coming from.

The age range is an old setting that I had to try and figure out where to adjust.

As for the title, it was an old cliche that I put in there for lack of anything clever when I first created the profile.
I'm not looking for it to rain hotties, I am however, hoping to attract an educated, cultured woman, who enjoys fitness as much as she does learning.

In regards to what I bring to the table:
. I'm ambitious
. Career driven
. Well traveled
. Educated
. Good with children (15+ years as a child care attendant, in addition to being heavily involved in the upbringing of my 4 younger siblings, and one of the favorite uncles of my nephew)
. Good with animals
. Charismatic
. Have a good, if not cheesy, sense of humor
. I'm cultured and regularly involved with the arts (study piano and drawing, in addition to performing in a few musicals)
. I'm a loyal friend
. I'm a faithful partner
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 6
Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/16/2016 5:28:56 PM
. I'm also active and very health concious
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/17/2016 2:51:41 PM
The things you list in your post above would be things you might want to mention in your profile. Why not tell the women what you're bringing to the table?

Your profile is still not specific enough. You say you attend and host meet up events, but you're not saying what they are.

Where have you traveled? Why not tell some fun travel stories?

This is still just listing generalities, not painting a picture. Maybe read a few profiles of the reviewers here to get the idea.

You have more pictures, but not many of them are close enough to see what you actually look like, or your eyes are obscured.
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 8
Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/27/2016 3:09:28 PM
I've made a lot of changes to hopefully paint a better picture of my life.
Let me know what you think.
 PiterDeVries1
Msg: 9
Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/27/2016 6:01:18 PM
TL;DR I'm afraid.
Wall of text is offputting for most people. I would edit it down a little.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please