Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Uncertain      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Caduceus09
Msg: 1
view profile
History
UncertainPage 1 of 1    
Not even sure this section is exact, but oh well. I have read through the help sections and FAQ, not ultimately helpful unfortunately. It has been about 2 years and in that time, I have received 'zero' messages from interested women. Also, no responses to sent messages. The average it is viewed seems to be about once a week. Sending messages or clicking the meet me buttons does not seem to increase the frequency of views at all, so obviously most messages probably don't even get seen.
From what I have read, this experience is not typical, I dunno.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Uncertain
Posted: 2/19/2016 5:50:48 AM
Your main picture has your face half coved in sunglasses so it's hard to see what you look like

Your pictures are you either stony faced, or 'goofy'

Your profession is listed as 'work'

Your profile text says nothing about yourself other than what you are looking for.

An you wonder why no women respond?

As with most things in life, you get what you put in. You put in effort you reep rewards. Put in no effort, you get nothing.

If you went fishing in a lake with a rod, a line, but no bait would you really be surprised that you caught no fish?
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Uncertain
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:32:29 AM
'No expectation really'. Obviously.

Just to reinforce what was already said, the profile sounds like you've already given up. You missed the Interests field and truly offered nothing that would compel anyone to initiate or reply to a contact message. Did you happen to notice the thread in green lettering at the top of this forum page called Profile Writing Tips?

Do NOT expect women to initiate contact on these sites. They are busy reading incoming messages from guys. Once you've made an effort, post back to this same thread for more feedback.
 jaja808
Msg: 4
Uncertain
Posted: 2/19/2016 9:22:43 PM
Your profile is like a throw-up sandwich. The way you write looks like confusing run-on sentences, but they actually aren't even complete sentences. When you write a sentence, get to the freaking point. You aren't Shakespeare, so don't do that. Your pictures say, "I'm boring and negative, I don't even want human interaction". Your "slim/in-shape" reads, "I don't care who you are as a person, just look like a model, even though I don't resemble one". Someone with common sense would never put that in their profile. If you make people feel bad when they read your profile, why would they go out of their way to talk to you.

Make three larger paragraphs in your about me section. Never once say one thing negative about yourself or anyone else, or about the process of dating and your hardships. In the first paragraph you could say, {"Hey there! My name is Bob, How are you doing? Living here in "?" for 20 years has been awesome. I've been on a lot of great adventures and have plans for a lot more. Next year I'm thinking about backpacking through New Zealand with my pup Lassie. I'm a "make your job sound more interesting than it really is" by trade. I love what I do and the people I serve. I'm a positive person who loves life! My favorite song is "Everything is awesome". It is featured in the Lego movie. I am oftentimes called a "Renaissance" man. I will watch chick flicks with you, and give you a pedicure, but I also know how to operate power tools and build things with my bare hands. I am not too good of a cook, but hey, maybe we can have a nice steak dinner at a local eatery with some sweet red wine. Do you like to dance? I will learn for you.

What am I looking for in a partner? I'm looking for the same as everyone else, love and happiness ...that will make your friends jealous! I'm attracted to intelligence and someone with a sense of adventure. Please feel free to message me, but I will be messaging you too, because you my dear, are the woman of my dreams. }

So make it look like that. I wrote it just for you!!!

And your pictures, no00000000. Go to the craigslist services section. look for an amature photographer who will take pictures of you for little or no money. Do not wear sunglasses. Comb what is left of your hair into some kind of happening style. Dress dapper or like a rich person or like a hipster. Do not dress like average joe, or you will date "average?" weighted women. Chose a lovely location for the photos, maybe a couple. show city you and wilderness you. Take a picture in a tank top if your arm muscles look good and you are like pointing to something or doing a building activity. Also, you could take a picture of you painting a picture with a cool hat on. You will look artistic instead of someone who has hit a dead end street in life and doesn't know how to turn around.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 5
Uncertain
Posted: 2/20/2016 6:50:53 AM
OP appears unfriendly, has no smile, covers his eyes and looks away from the camera. I didn't open the profile.
 tennistown
Msg: 6
Uncertain
Posted: 2/20/2016 12:10:00 PM

I have read through the help sections and FAQ, not ultimately helpful unfortunately. It has been about 2 years and in that time, I have received 'zero' messages from interested women.

Dude, you are a slow learner.
Aftertwo years of getting kicked in the Nads,
It's OK to pivot and present a side view.

What I mean is, it's time to change your profile!
Welcome to Profile Reviews. Your profile is not the worst
I've ever seen. Sure it's up there with the worst, but it's not "The" worst.

Start following the profile review people, getting reviewed.
You can usually see improvements being made.
Then let their somewhat painful Metamorphosis experience,
enrich your own profile sort of through osmosis.
Learn from their mistakes, by example.
See what works and what doesn't.

Try that for four days. Then take another crack
at writing a fun and interesting dating profile
of your very own. This exercise may just open your eyes!
Good luck!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 7
Uncertain
Posted: 2/20/2016 1:27:35 PM
OP, just think about it logically. There are so many friendly looking, smiling, attractive men on pof. Why write to someone with a picture like yours? You don't dignify the reader with as much as a look in her direction.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 8
Uncertain
Posted: 2/21/2016 12:02:00 PM

Oh, and not poly-amorous.

In other words: She shouldn't be dating other men while she talks to me.

No expectation really.

Yeah.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Uncertain