Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Picture Theft      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WickedBabyBlues
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile Picture TheftPage 1 of 1    
Hi I recently discovered that someone in another province has stolen pictures off my profile (sometime ago because they're older pictures) and set up a new profile using all my pictures. I have been in touch with POF and have not had any response I used the button at the bottom of the page labeled "report user" and I asked them to take the profile down and I haven't heard anything back. The profile is still up but now the "report user" button is gone so WTF!!! It shouldn't be so easy to steal peoples pictures off of here you shouldn't be even able to take them off here! And why haven't I heard anything from POF?? This is so wrong on so many levels,
 jus01
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile Picture Theft
Posted: 2/19/2016 12:58:08 PM

It shouldn't be so easy to steal peoples pictures off of here you shouldn't be even able to take them off here!

That's just the way windows works on computers, you can do it on any website all you need to do is highlight a picture and right click which gives you an option to save that image to your hard drive, its not an issue with POF and I don't think there is much they can do about it it.
 Chromis1
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile Picture Theft
Posted: 2/19/2016 1:22:57 PM

its not an issue with POF and I don't think there is much they can do about it it.

Well, it kinda IS an issue with POF - it's an issue they should be able to police but they appear to be too understaffed to inquire further.
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Profile Picture Theft
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:04:10 PM
Sometimes you have to be logged in to your account and then 'log in' again to your mail or something to get that 'report user' button. It's definitely still there.
 gcdeb
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile Picture Theft
Posted: 2/19/2016 8:31:26 PM
No images are safe on the internet. People can either use "save image" or take a screenshot, or even a photo with their phone. It's not possible to prevent.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 6
Profile Picture Theft
Posted: 2/20/2016 6:34:40 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you. Why don't you contact them using the profile and tell them you are going to call law enforcement? They can do absolutely nothing because there is no law against copying your images here... but it might scare them a enough to take it down or shit their pants.
POF doesn't micromanage accounts here. For all they know the other profile is the "real" profile and you stole said pictures.

Try posting here: https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum4.aspx

but I doubt the Big Fish will see it as far as I know he doesn't even own the boat anymore.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 7
Profile Picture Theft
Posted: 2/20/2016 7:06:55 AM
Have you messaged the person took your pictures?
I am curious - how did you find out?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Picture Theft