Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lee3_73
Msg: 1
Profile ReviewPage 1 of 1    
Looking for some advice on my profile...good, bad or indifferent, I can handle criticism well.
I'm fairly new to online dating and have probably re-written my profile 10x. I've been reading many posts on how to write a great profile - all of the info has been great.
I know I have a huge strike against me...that is my status of "separated".
I welcome any and all feedback on what I may be able to do better with changes, additions, omissions - or a better way to handle the status thing.
Looking forward to hearing back from you all.
Thank you in advance :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 2
Profile Review
Posted: 2/21/2016 5:57:09 PM
Hi :)
Separated not helping you
Header - hey there? all these years on the rock and best you can do?
You state few pounds over, yet the only full body pictures you hiding - too many guys have said they met few pounds over women to find they obese.. you have a lot many just head shots ( altho you lovely) variety
I think it is different when women are Separated than men = but still a flag to some
The last line is neg and can go. You getting your in box blown up?
Say what your profession is
Try to avoid cliches. Down to earth but one example
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Profile Review
Posted: 2/21/2016 7:41:33 PM
The separated information should be much closer to the opening. After 2.5 yrs, when is the divorce expected to be finalized? If you can mention it's 'in the works' or to be finalized shortly it could help someone see you are truly interested in moving on.

The first line has 3 dating profile cliches and needs to be much more engaging.

As already suggested, a few more full length shots would be helpful.

Are you introducing yourself to men YOU find interesting?
 Lee3_73
Msg: 4
Profile Review
Posted: 2/22/2016 12:59:37 PM
Hi! Thank you for your input, it is appreciated.
I have to work on the header; tried a few different ones, then just went simple - maybe not the best idea.
I figured the last pic I have which is full body (with atv) would be ok, but I'll look at adding some more.
The last line may seem negative, but I'll be honest and say I've taken my cue from numerous other profiles.
I have recieved some very undesirable messages and people that won't simply take the "no thank you, I am not interested" seriously enough. After reading other profiles stating similar, I thought it was a somewhat nicer way to say go away. Since adding that, messages have been better.
I will rethink cliches.
Thanks again
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review