Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > night owl filter      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JediJoshC
Msg: 1
night owl filterPage 1 of 1    
Hello :) I just want to make a suggestion here. I'm a second shift employee, meaning I work during the hours most people like to date. I know there are other second shift matches for me on here, however currently there's no way to filter out the day shift people. Although the night owl personality type is there as an option for people to select, its doesn't actually help since other night owls may want to pick a different personality type for their profile. My suggestion is that we add another question to the section where it list body type, religion, etc. All things we can filter out, and add the question "what shift do you work" or "what time of day are you most available to date" that way I can filter out those who has a conflict in schedule with myself.
 JediJoshC
Msg: 2
night owl filter
Posted: 3/7/2016 10:18:08 AM
Really? No reply?
 JediJoshC
Msg: 3
night owl filter
Posted: 3/8/2016 7:40:41 PM
Okay, sadly I may have to delete my account. I have had so many responses, and messages from women who work first shift. All I want to do is be able to block those people so they don't waste my time or theirs.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 4
night owl filter
Posted: 3/9/2016 10:46:06 AM
So free yourself of these horrible day shift women who waste your time and clog your inbox.
Carry through on your threat and teach them all a lesson.
Might I suggest anger management as a good use of your newly discovered free time?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 5
night owl filter
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:13:53 AM
OP you're tail jerking - NO male on here gets that sort of response....
off you go (& have a nice life).........

JediJoshC
Msg: 6
night owl filter
Posted: 3/10/2016 11:48:06 AM
Why are you people so ****ing rude? I suggested a feature that will help myself and others, and pointed out that the current way pof is running does not work for me, and you react with these idiotic responses? Maybe POF's problem isn't how its Ra, but it's members are ****ing asholes.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 7
night owl filter
Posted: 3/10/2016 6:09:24 PM
I would suggest you put "Second Shift Worker" in your profession. Ladies would more than likely read that first and understand it rather than repeating it over and over again in your profile. Just once in your profile should suffice. (I know you were angry when you reworded it.)

Thing is, there IS no such block feature and Markus doesn't own this site anymore. Weather Match wants to change things here I don't know but in the meantime it's fruitless to suggest changes.

While I understand your need for dating people available considering your working hours, imagine those, like me, who work on rotating shifts? I work day, afternoon and night shifts usually at one week's notice. THAT dear sir is a tough one. At least you have regular hours.
 JediJoshC
Msg: 8
night owl filter
Posted: 3/10/2016 10:12:27 PM
Rotating shift do suck. I'm stuck though on a continuous night shift, during the hours most people date. My need for a filter though is because I keep getting messages from women who tell me that my hours are good for them, only to have them waste my time, because the fact is my hours are not okay with them. By forcing someone to click a particular time of day they're available, it hopefully keeps them honest (why click you're available at night if you're not?) so they're not just messaging multiple people telling the same lie.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > night owl filter