Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Why do Christians feel the need to press their religous belief's on p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forthebeauty
Msg: 3
Why do Christians feel the need to press their religous belief's on people?Page 1 of 76    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I really dont try to be up in someones face about my beliefs but if in question I will respond with what I do believe to be correct. To generalize all christians that way isnt a fair statement. As christians we are suppose to witness to others so they may come to know the lord. Soulll said that. That doesnt mean that were suppose to argue the fact, or disrespect anyone for their beliefs. We tend to stand out to more people I guess because we dont mind standing up for what we believe in. How does it make us in ur face by asking do u know Jesus? Its a simple yes or no answer, and depending on ur answer, then we can share our knowledge either way. If i asked u if u knew ur parents, and proceeded to discuss that with u would u consider me to be in ur face?
 forthebeauty
Msg: 5
Why do Christians feel the need to press their religous belief's on people?
Posted: 11/15/2004 2:41:21 PM
Bravo Jimi very well stated!!!!!
 no1here
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/16/2004 1:34:32 AM
Why do we always argue about things that have multiple meanings. Doesn't everything in the bible seem strangely metaphoric?
I AM the way the truth and the light.. NO MAN come to the father except thru me.
Doesn't that say the only way to God is through the teachings of, but not the literal being of Jesus. Considering it was said in person. And I believe "physically" for us, Jesus is manifest as love on earth and therefore we have a definitive path? We have to practice acting like him before we can expect to be more like him. Isn't that what God asked us to do? Live his will-like his son. Doesn't that mean we have to love and look out for each other like brothers despite our differences? Can someone tell me why this doesn't make sense?
 no1here
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/16/2004 10:31:31 PM
Jimii, there you go telling everyone how wrong they are again. Umm where did I say to act like jesus was enough? And why is it for some reason the christians only have to have faith in god and jesus and everything else is forgotten and forgiven. Doesn't seem to matter how gluttanous, egotistical, or judgemental they are. I was talking in my last post about the whole package about being the best person you can be and doing it because you know you have the choice whether to do it or not. Jimi, don't you understand that the only thing god wants from you and the only thing you have to give is your wanting to follow his love on faith. When did I say a good deed was enough? Doing a deed out of love for god and the world he created for us is what the trick is. By helping the children you are helping the father..I know why christians push there beliefs on us is because they need some reassurance that they are not wrong and by sucking everyone else in it makes it all little easier to swallow.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/17/2004 4:37:33 PM
Are those who state that religious people should not express their views and beliefs any example of Freedom of Speech?

And does expressing such views necessarily connotate or amount to 'forcing their beliefs down other people's throats'?

I see more hyper-sensitivity here, or just plain hostilities towards religions in general, since I haven't come across anyone in at least a decade that has insisted I believe in something specific.

So, who is ramming their beliefs down anyone's throats here on the forum?
 sexxykitty
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/19/2004 9:14:43 PM

Are those who state that religious people should not express their views and beliefs any example of Freedom of Speech?

I am not saying don't express what you believe I am saying don't make laws that are based on Christian morals(IE banning gay marriage, abortion). And I also don't like being told I am going to hell if I do not share my beliefs with you.

And does expressing such views necessarily connotate or amount to 'forcing their beliefs down other people's throats'?

No not expressing the wonders of God and Jesus, but once again the laws and the hell thing do. And also telling everyone else they are wrong and Christianity is the only truth is. Say I think or I believe not your wrong.

I see more hyper-sensitivity here, or just plain hostilities towards religions in general, since I haven't come across anyone in at least a decade that has insisted I believe in something specific.

Yes but you seem to be a Christian, and therefor I am guessing that other Christians are not trying to convert you.

So, who is ramming their beliefs down anyone's throats here on the forum?

How am I ramming my beliefs down anyone's throat saying that I am put off by the way I have been approached by christians and that I don't want there to be laws that are based solely in Christian morals.
 dodge-and-burn
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/20/2004 3:21:24 AM
Actually the Koran is based on Mohammed, a few hundred years after Jesus Christ, and has nothing to do with Christianity as far as I know. But you're right, most basic beliefs are the same in regards to humanity.
 dodge-and-burn
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/20/2004 3:28:28 AM
In regards to enforcing religion, Christianity is definitely the worst one. I mean what the heck are christians doing in afghanistan trying to convert Muslims in a mostly muslim country.

Christians have even converted head hunters and canniballists.

I'm christian because my parents had me baptised as such, but I definitely don't believe in it. Personally I would prefer a pagan religion.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/15/2004 2:04:45 PM
Very nice post easy!!!
 King_Geedorah
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/15/2004 2:51:13 PM
I see your point koiguy but I think you worded your question poorly, it reads as if you are saying all christians.
 no1here
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/15/2004 4:09:16 PM
Well, you got 'em all now-or at least it just feels like it............
 ramcharger
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2005 7:00:15 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Kewt's Got It^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I respect others beliefs and if they ask me why I am so happy or why I am never down, I tell em. But only if they ask.
Not everyone wants to smack you into religious submission, I'll buy you a coffee and talk, you have to make a choice not me, Mine is all done
 shannanigan
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/13/2005 10:44:06 AM
Why is it that Christians don't understand using the Fear-factor of "Going to Hell" doesn't work on anyone but themselves? For people who don't believe in God (and therefore the Devil) thats means just about squat.

I already have to deal with Political Fear-mongering...
I'm not going to put up with the Fear-Mongering of my soul.

Thanks, but no thanks.
 no1here
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/13/2005 11:50:36 PM
If the Christians were to truly follow the bible, all born again Jesus believers are allowed to have non-christians as slaves and anytime a child or woman gets out of line the men are instructed to beat them with a rod. Is it not sinfull to not follow the bible as a christian or is it as a christian you are allowed to pick and choose? On one page it is sinful to allow infidels to exist but on the next it says love thy neighbor. So I can love em and kill em at the same time? I'm not trying to split hairs or be the devils advocate, but I find it funny how a lot of christians think they know everything there is too know; belching the validity of an ancient text that even in their perfection, they Choose to ignore the parts that aren't as easy to do as others. If you truly wanted to do the right thing you would sell all your crap, take an oath of poverty, and go make the world better. I just think you are all talking out of both sides of your mouths. I just saw a buddhist church be sold so that the proceeds would go to the tsunami victims. They said they didn't need a building to be a church. I'm still waiting for a christian church to follow suit. Probably shouldn't hold my breath. A couple of years ago a friend of mine was killed by her husband in their house. A house that their church bought for them. Afterwards they paid for all his legal fees. Guess the church wanted her off'd as well.
 ASB
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/14/2005 12:08:45 AM
Well, if you read the Bible, you will see that Jesus IS the only way. You will see that Jesus is a loving man, but he was also jealous. He didn't want any otehr gods before him. That includes Alah, Buddah, etc... I am a Christian and NEVER have I pressed my faith on someone. That is their decision. But I do tell them about the word of God. It's if someone told you, hey, guess what, there is a mine filled with gold and diamonds, but dont tell anyone. Especially those poor hungry people on the streets. That's how we on earth are. We are the poor hungry people. And we would want to have that gold and diamonds so we can be rich and not poor and not hungry. That is Jesus. The free gift of eternal life. We are nothing, and He still loves us no matter what. That's why we share the word of God. So YOU can share that wealth!!!!! Be flattered that people share it. It's all a matter of accepting Him or not. Now those people who press and press and press just dont know what's up. That is their flaw. Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.
 ASB
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/14/2005 12:28:56 AM
You know what? You are absolutely right :) I dont care either way because you are going to have your opinion and I'm going to have mine. I was simply sharing mine. That's what these rooms are about if you haven't looked closely. Maybe you should. So I'm not even going to try. That's fine though. I dont care :)
 ASB
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/14/2005 12:49:04 AM
It's also very wise you to talk nice to others because it doesn't make ME look like the fool, but yourself. I'm not answering because I'll make YOU look up the answer. Then maybe you will absorb what you read and see for yourself. And I DON'T care because when my intellegence is being insulted, I dont have to answer to anything or anyone.

Jealous= What is the first commandment dear? THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

More Jealousy? "For the LORD your God IS a consuming fire, a jealous God." Deuteronomy 4:23

You say you read the Bible? Well you would have known that almost right away since it's in the Old Testament.
 ASB
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/14/2005 12:51:26 AM
That just bothers me that someone has to knock my beliefs when someone asks a question and wants people to answer. I'm speaking for myself and no one else. I didn't knock the fact that that guy is bashing me. But it DOES make me angry when I'm being insulted. Forget that.
 ASB
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/14/2005 8:14:05 AM
What I think it so hilarious is that they will straight up tell you that you are stupid if you dont write down Bible verses or where I found my info. Well I would like to see the same for them. I want passages and verses. From any bible. I have books and tracks on athiests turned into born agains because they tried proving the Bible wrong and couldn't. They got saved in the process. I have a track I'll even write it up and send it to anyone who wants it. It's called The Evidence of God. (A former atheist makes the scientific case for a creator.) Here are some points I want to bring up on my own and not from anyone else....

~What name out of EVERY god is slandered the most? Out of Alah, Budduh, Jesus, etc...
~If the big bang really did happen, wouldn't there be more damage done to dinosaur bones than there are?
~Out of all the gods, which ones are still alive today?
~Some people think that just because the story of the Bible is so long ago, it can't be true. What if I said how do you know ANYONE from back then existed? Cleopatra. How do you know? You can't see them. You can't feel them.
 cat_in_hat
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/14/2005 8:46:27 AM
no there wouldn't be more damage to bones on dinosaurs if the big bang happened........the big bang happened before dinosaurs walked the earth and it is guessed that a comet crashing with the earth is what caused them to die........
 ASB
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/14/2005 8:54:23 AM
Well sure, but the shapes of the bones are pretty good! If comets flew into you, wouldn't there be damage to your bones? MASS damage?
 cat_in_hat
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/14/2005 9:00:39 AM
yes, there would be mass damage.........thats why were the comet is believed to have fallen there have been no records of any fossils......but that is not the theory of how they died.....the theory is that a comet collided with the earth and when it did a dust cloud covered the earth blocking the sun.......since dinosuars were reptiles, cold blooded and needing the sun to keep them warm, no sun would would have killed them due to the massive drop in the earths temperature........
 ASB
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/14/2005 9:19:20 AM
There is this scientist at my old church who did this lecture on creation vs. evolution. It was very interesting. It wasn't a matter of who or what is right or wrong. Just stating facts. Very neat. Now with besides dinosaurs, was there any human life? And if so, where are their bones? I'm not trying to offend anyone or start a big ongoing debate that will never stop. People can believe what they want to believe. That's fine. I have my opinion just like how they have theirs. There is nothing wrong with that.
 cat_in_hat
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/14/2005 9:22:12 AM
i agree that everyone has their own opinion.....but i have no idea if humnas were alive......but there is a question i used to ask my old pastor a lot.....if god created everything, then he created the dinsosaurs.......why is there no record of them in genesis or any other time in the bible?.........and you are not offending me...
 ASB
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/14/2005 9:29:27 AM
That is a very good question and now I'm going to be thinking about it all day...lol. I'm going to find out, and when I do, I'll let you know!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Why do Christians feel the need to press their religous belief's on people?