Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > One seat mc      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 1
One seat mcPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Ok, just a random thought for me... Do men who post they want someone who rides a "bike" aka HD want someone to ride in back or in the case of a Sportster want someone to admire them on the bike.

Really I get the feeling if someone says in their profile they like to ride and show a one seeter. ...(seater) um.. no, no way they want someone to ride with...

Any other thoughts?

LePew erish.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 2
One seat mc
Posted: 3/7/2016 3:15:18 PM
I am fortunate that my girlfriend rides her own bike, a real bike, and is NOT a Harley.
 woodnymph4
Msg: 3
One seat mc
Posted: 3/7/2016 4:11:10 PM
Depends on the man. And some may show a bike with a solo seat but they may well have another seat for "two up". I just sold mine, rode for years and prefer to ride my own. And I would never ride two up on a Sportster or any sport bike. I want to be comfortable. And there is nothing wrong with the HD crowd, azzholes are on any brand and on two wheels, three wheels and four wheels.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/7/2016 4:53:54 PM
Those who consider the Hawg to be a "Milwaukee vibrator" (if I remember correctly, its idle shakes around 33megacycles like a washing machine) may not want to admit why they want someone on the P pad (does anyone do king and queen seats anymore?), but I think those who actually ride somewhere beyond the local bar...want a partner to love the life as much as they do. Especially if they ride an old Harley from the AMF days, they need a second bike to go get help :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 5
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/7/2016 5:19:24 PM
^ I KNEW men thought motorbike rides were like foreplay for women. Just seems kinda lazy.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 6
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/7/2016 5:28:14 PM
We prefer to view it as multi-tasking.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 7
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/7/2016 6:42:43 PM
^ Very pragmatic. When you put it that way.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 8
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/7/2016 8:03:12 PM
I prefer to ride alone and got my rear seat covered. But just in case I got a nice sexy woman I can take the cover off and have her in the back. For a sport bike the rear seat is not too bad for a short ride.
 woodnymph4
Msg: 9
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/7/2016 9:10:11 PM
I've been to more than half the Canadian provinces and half the US states on my motorcycle, many more than once. I've had a Honda, a Yamaha and four Harley's. Great way to travel and see the country. I found that many people, especially Americans hadn't travelled much outside their own county let alone their own state. Those on bikes, truckers and the motorhome crowd see the country...the rest just make up crap about bugs in your teeth and vibrations.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 10
view profile
History
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/7/2016 10:21:35 PM
I have no idea what they want. I have my own motorcycle and prefer it that way. I don't trust anyone with my life but I'm happy to ride beside them.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 11
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/8/2016 12:22:19 AM
Hey LePew, My experience has been, those who want you to ride behind them, LIKE it that way and those who want to ride solo with company, Do NOT want you with them, on their bike. When BF sent me his first message, from a biker site, I viewed his pics and took note of bike with passenger seat, with sissy bar, LOL

BF has a Harley softtail. I am quite comfortable on his bike, behind him and really don't notice any vibration.

I don't trust anyone with my life................

On our way home from a "Blessing of the Bikes" event, a woman pulled out from a side road, turning left in front of us. Brakes on, bike sliding sideways, remained upright, came within less than a foot of her rear bumper. Learned first hand, HE handles his bike very well and I DO trust him with my life!
 woodnymph4
Msg: 12
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/8/2016 5:58:43 AM
I'm a rider and my friends on two wheels are riders. I been a rider for 29 years. What I have found is that there are many types of people out there riding and they all seem to fit in...sorta. Age makes a difference. Types of motorcycles make a difference and I'm meaning that as not too many sport bike riders hang out with the cruiser type as they enjoy a different kind of ride. The chromed up crowd is different from those that just like to throw on some bags and be in another province or state the next day. Some just have pretty bikes to trailer around or go from bar to bar. There are the pretend -a- bikers. "Oohhh, I'm a biker and watch Sons". Another group is the long haul ride the Dempster Highway or ride from Seattle to the Panama Canal. How about a Vespa, scooters are fun.

its a big market and growing. And more than enough variety for everyone.
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 13
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/9/2016 9:02:24 PM
Lady, thank the Gods for the sissy bar or I would have been pavement putty a few times coming out of Cleveland. When the potholes take up the whole lane you can't always avoid them!

GTO, I can't say that I ever noticed the vibrations on my friends Road King but your right about the AMF era. No one wants to push a bike anywhere!

Woodnymph, I would love a Vespa! They look like a ton of fun. I used to pass a woman every morning riding hers to work in her power suit with high heels. I could only admire her.

I love to get out and go for a ride or day trips but seems a lot of bike owners like to say they have the bike, but are scared to take someone with them or just really don't like company.

LePew
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 14
view profile
History
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/10/2016 12:13:12 AM
It is almost mandatory to have someone ride with them
on a Harley.You can carry more tools !
 8inscrew
Msg: 15
One seat mc
Posted: 3/10/2016 7:12:35 AM
I don't like a pillion passenger... but in some cases,
I have let a gal straddle the fender on the way home.

Depends what I'm riding.

The weekend warriors, chrome collectors, and wannabees are dangerous.
Women should seriously consider hopping on the back of a scoot.

Do you know how to get off one? At 40 mph?
Are you dressed for that?
Are your brains in a bucket?
Saddled a dead horse?
Out having drinks?!

It amazes me how often gals ask for a ride.
If it were a plane, would they be so quick?
Not much difference.

Also... how do they get a family of 9 on a honda 100?

I watched a vid of a guy loading a scoot on top a bus.
He put it on his head and climbed a ladder!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 16
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/10/2016 7:21:41 AM

I don't trust anyone with my life...............

Same...I have had my days on the back of a bike....when I see someone my age wanting a woman to ride with him...next!
I don't care how much experience you have, it's doubtful I will trust a man over 60 with my life....just won't.
I know...I know....they may brag how they can still ride like they were young and their awareness, agility and strength are the same.....
it's just not!!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 17
view profile
History
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/10/2016 4:22:07 PM
Well, this opinion comes from one Honda Gold Wing rider. Your performance may vary from state to state.

I've been behind the bars for 45 years. I've taken the beginning riding course. At the time, I was 35 years on my bike, I had my endorsement. Why did I take it? Because I just might LEARN something. The same with the advanced course, I might LEARN something. A friend of mine has been pushing me to become a certified instructor, because he is one, and I have the credentials, and seat time to qualify. Working weekends, a night or two at the end of the week, stinks, and so does the pay.

Consider this- the older riders call Harley seats, a toilet seat with a maxi pad. Comfort, on most short of the Road King isn't anything to shout about. Handling on a harley? Ahh, yeah right, I can and have dragged pegs on my Wings. I luv sweeping turns!

I cringe when it's tire time. Because I buy safe, performance tires that are FAR from cheap. Because they can handle the extra weight of another person on board. And in less than ideal conditions, I can count on them.

Ride with me? Here's your lid, kid. I had one street wreck 37 years ago. Car comes left of center, I avoid it, but dump the bike and slide under a guard rail. I get up, mad as all hell, with one dented helmet. That lid saved my life. Oh, and I wear NOT CHEAP Arai, at $500 a crack, my head's not cheap. Try gloves out too, fingerless ones work well, and you can pick your nose while riding. (LOL!)

It has been told to me that most Wings can go 120+, two up. You couldn't prove it by me, because I won't take one past 80, by myself. I adjust my suspension to include two up riding, if and when it happens. I service mine, which is unheard of in this day and age. Stock oils in shock absorbers go bad after two years. Betcha you fellow riders didn't know that, did'ja?

You ride? Wonderful! Stay behind me and watch. If I move over, or slow up, or do anything unusual, follow my lead. It's because I want to be safe riding, and keep YOU out of harms way. Don't go fast? Ok, I'll ride at you comfort level and speed. This is 'sposed to be fun. Tired? We go home. We stop to rest and keep safe. Drinking and riding is a no-no. Big group rides? Under protest I 'll do them. You go in front then, and I play road hog behind you. Never side by side. and lord help the guy that tries to do that behind me. I'll come acrossed his bow faster than he can sneeze. Back off, My side of the road is in the center.

Is your bike in need of service? Need tires? I get them for you. I keep mine tip-top, you will have that also. Dirty? Meah, that's your job. Dirt means zilch.

Back roads are grand. Who needs a restroom when a tree is close? Isn't the view nice? Lets stop and enjoy it. You need a cb, then we can talk and ride at the same time, and I can hollar "Slug Bug!"
 purplerider1200
Msg: 18
view profile
History
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/10/2016 4:41:35 PM

I have had my days on the back of a bike....when I see someone my age wanting a woman to ride with him...next!
I don't care how much experience you have, it's doubtful I will trust a man over 60 with my life....just won't.
I know...I know....they may brag how they can still ride like they were young and their awareness, agility and strength are the same.....
it's just not!!

Oh? I don't ride with inexperienced riders around me under the age of fifty. I stay in shape to ride, never ride over my skill levels, and all of my riding buddies are older than me. (I'm 60, two of my friends are over 80, and the least in-the-saddle time of my buddies is 38 years)

Awareness, agility and strength means zero if you haven't got the experience and skill.
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/13/2016 11:41:21 PM

I KNEW men thought motorbike rides were like foreplay for women. Just seems kinda lazy.

Hey. Saving energy for the main event later. Makes for a better time, no?
 jmac1157
Msg: 20
view profile
History
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/21/2016 9:14:12 PM
To bad you don't have a clue what your talking about $20000 and 20 miles don't make you a biker.If it wasn,t for AMF there would be no twinkies for the ill informed to ride and spew crap out of there pie holes .Jmac
 call_me_tater
Msg: 21
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/21/2016 10:18:05 PM
^^^Ty for saying what I was thinking.

Someone who has to put down a Harley to feel better about their Honda has an inferiority complex.
Gonna lose the pissing contest.
Most i know say 2 wheels and it's all good. I choose HD.
The seats are also not uncomfortable and I've never heard the nasty reference mentioned above.
I would never ride with you or beside you...you are ridiculous.
It's not a Sunday after church drive unless you're a weekend warrior. If the shoe fits....

Live for our road trips to states without helmet laws...and we don't trailer it.
Big groups or alone...both are good.
Rallies rock and try to get in a few each year. Exploding closet from all the shirts.
Nothing like the feeling of being a part of a benefit ride with 200 bikes (all types) coming together to help someone.
Loved the vibration of the old bike, but we're getting older and ride in comfort on the Street Glide

Back on topic:
Men on Sportsters are not admired around here, lol.
Most men who ride want a woman who will share the passion, either in back or beside him.
There are suction cup passenger seats to ride 2 up on a one seater as long as there are foot pegs.
 cassie2425
Msg: 22
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/22/2016 8:12:11 AM
I'm pretty sure JMAC wasn't putting down Harleys. Check his profile, he's a Shovelhead rider. Shovelhead riders generally come from a different "era" and many are what some consider "true bikers" or "real riders" or "real motorcycle enthusiasts" as they have the old code of the road. Nothing wrong with that. But they do make fun of the Twinkie riders. Its not so much a pissing contest its learning to respect each other. And, IMO, I'll take the older over the newer anyday, I like the old code.

"Men on Sportsters are not admired around here. lol." Your snobbery is showing. We ride what we like, we ride what we can afford.

BTW, a Shovelhead IS a Harley, it's the motor. Back in the day they were known by their motor - Panhead, Shovelhead, Knucklehead.
 gtomustang
Msg: 23
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/22/2016 8:50:52 AM
When I used to ride my 1973 Honda CB, I said I could tell which Harley riders were the Yuppies, b/c they returned the wave with all their fingers :) The black T shirt and jeans legions around here hate someone looking down their nose at them for not having status items like a big house and a BMW car, but tell them your two wheelers ain't a Hawg and they suddenly talk down to you about how you don't have status. But, hey, not all scooter tramps are the same. some live the life, some just enjoy the wind in their hair.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 24
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/22/2016 11:07:34 AM

I'm pretty sure JMAC wasn't putting down Harleys. Check his profile, he's a Shovelhead rider.
I was not addressing jmac. I thanked him for saying what I was thinking.
The Sportster comment was a joke...it is a joke around here--all good natured.
Calling a friend's Ninja a rice burner is also playful...gotta laugh at oneself.
Someone gets a new bike or new parts--everybody gathers to check it out no matter the brand.
Did you not read where I said 2 wheels all good?
I know what a shovelhead is, dumba$$ but ty for trying to educate me.

You need better reading comprehension skills. Honestly. Go back and read.

My friends ride all brands and it's nothing to see a few sportbikes mixed in.
Don't hang with snobs or bullies and don't hang with the 200 miles in a year crowd either.
The badass dudes that try to intimidate have issues and need their club to feel important.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 25
view profile
History
One seat motorcycle
Posted: 3/22/2016 3:23:59 PM
I ride what I like. Rallies, benefit rides aren't my thing. Harleys have the handling characteristics of a loaded dump truck. I'd rather sport ride, and be comfortable getting there. And this old dirt rider isn't afraid of a gravel road or two on my travels. Dam few ride like I do, so my route is what I choose, and the only one that I have to keep up with, is me. I started riding long before it hit fad status, and I'll continue to do so, long after others move onto some other fad. I find it amusing that others want to hang some sort "complex" moniker on me. You'll never know the joy of riding like I do.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > One seat mc