Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Is there anything wrong with.......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennistown
Msg: 2
Is there anything wrong with.......Page 1 of 1    

I get zero responses

Your profile has red flags
that appear like gigantic red flares in the dark sky.
You will need to remove them pronto.

Relationships should be 50/50

I'm not looking for one night stands . . . .

so you can cuddle up together in front of the telly I'm that guy.

So why not give me a try you might be pleasantly surprised that good honest genuine guys exist!

50 / 50 ???? That's what you tell the guys in the locker room.

She doesn't want to hear that! She wants to hear "She is the first thing
you think about in the morning, and the last as well, just before you fall asleep.
You will get to the 50-50 stage, after the honeymoon phase has evaporated.
So lose the 50.50 part, it's not helping you to kiss the girl.

By saying "one night stands" you just brought up "one night stands.
You just added a seed of mistrust, you better hope doesn't grow.
I am not looking to siphon five gallons of gasoline
from my date's car late at night (while she's asleep.)
So, I don't mention that in my profile. You can check and see.

The "C" word,
C for cuddle. Sure, you think it sounds romantic.
She thinks (at this early stage) a d-bag is attempting to
hack his way inside her personal defense network, to get her cookie.
Save the "cuddling" talk for when you have an actual opportunity, Mr Hands.

Did you just call yourself good, honest and genuine, at the very end?
Don't say you are a "good" guy, show it!
"Honest" people don't go around saying they are honest.
And the "genuine" part? You should describe that with your writings.
Good luck!
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Is there anything wrong with.......
Posted: 3/13/2016 10:44:41 AM
A few more thoughts...

We like to see big smiles and sparkling eyes. A clear shoulders up head shot would be good.
Photos that you are not in can go.

The Interests that are generic should be replaced with one or two-word specific examples. Also, why not note a favourite music style/group/artist? holiday spot? sport you play or team you follow? Comedian? Dessert?

Relationships are not 50/50 - each person gives 100%. Simple fact.

A woman will want to know about the kid situation, but ALL they want to know at this point is how many, how old and how often. No need to declare you are a 'single dad'. It's assumed you're 'single' as you are on a dating site and the stats say you have kids.
 Coma_White
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2016 4:09:06 PM
Your profile has spelling mistakes and it's not good as far as a dating profile goes. It looks like the type of profile relevant to a meetup site where people want jogging partners.
 springorfall
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 6:49:02 AM
Hi Somersetsteve1982. I'd suggest changing your headline to something other than being a nice guy (or words to that effect) Use a headline that might express an interest, or something you find funny or a quote you like, etc. People will discover your great personality as they get to know you (anyone can 'say' they're genuine and honest.)

Personally (and after all, my own subjective take on things is all I can offer) I find spelling mistakes and grammatical errors to be distracting; others may, too. So just in case, this may help - In your profile:

"Hard working fun loving guy looking for that someone to complete life. I believe in treating others how you like to (**insert a "be" here**) treated!
If your (**should be "you're"**) looking for the guy to help with the household duties, I come fully domesticated. I like to get muddy on the rugby pitch to(**should be "too" not "to"**)!

I enjoy all types of music, depending on mood it could range from 90's pop to EDM to metal and everything in between. I enjoy playing rugby and trying new things. Family is important to me, as are my friends!

So why not give me a try you might be pleasantly surprised :)"

Overall though, I kinda like it. It's sweet and pleasant with a little humour thrown in :)

Best of luck!
 springorfall
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 6:50:12 AM
oh and maybe change your main profile pic? - I'd suggest the one with you playing rugby or the one that looks like you're hugging something.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Is there anything wrong with.......