Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I need your advice please!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fenril
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I need your advice please!Page 1 of 1    
Hi all,

I have been using POF for a while however I have never been very lucky in attracting the right person or being able to chat with a woman.

Could you please let me know if there is something wrong with my profile?

Here it is:
"Hey there!
My name is Yann and I have lived in Bristol for about 2 years. It’s a lovely little city with loads to offer.
I work in marketing for a global catering supply company and love the challenges of my job.

My family lives in France so it’s nice to go back and visit them every so often.

I am easy going, hard working, ambitious, caring guy, I believe in being a gentleman.
I like a relationship that is built on trust, honesty and being respectful to one another. I think laughter is also key in any relationship so when I’m not being my hard working ambitious self, I like to have a laugh and not take other things too seriously. I think I have a good sense of humour.....but you can be the judge of that!

I’m always up for new adventures and exploring new places. I like travelling, scuba diving, taking part in ninjutsu, going for long walks on the weekends and getting out and enjoy the outdoors. Sometimes though, a good chilled night in is equally needed, especially with good company, food and wine, as I like to cook and try new recipes.

I am interested in Asian culture and currently learning Japanese with the intention of taking a trip to Japan in the future, (hopefully with the right person).

I am looking for that special someone that shares some of my interest, to go on some dates with in the hope of it growing into a relationship where we could go on adventures together and create fun, happy memories.

Please contact me if you would like to get to know me :)"

I have removed a joke I have made about my origins thinking that was a bit too heavy :
I have moved to Bristol about 2 years ago now and I love life in the city.
Prior to that I lived in Wales for over 11 years and have developed a rather unique accent: Frenchy with a strong twang of the "vaaalley". The funniest part is some colleagues at work got fooled thinking I was Welsh with a cold...well until I actually had a cold.

I m not sure if my profile is too long or lacks on anything...

Any advices would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Yann
 tennistown
Msg: 2
I need your advice please!
Posted: 3/13/2016 7:36:44 AM

Posted By: fenril

I think I have a good sense of humour.....but you can be the judge of that!

I read your whole profile.
And. did not see any funny bits?

If humor adds lubrication to a profile,
your introductory dating profile read,
about as dry as a cotton ball..

So, if I was the "Sense of Humor Judge."
I would find you GUILTY of not showing any humour.

At that point, I considered all your other observations
about yourself to be overly inflated, therefore suspect.

Your penalty, that I give, is much like what your normal profile readers do.
Backspace out of your profile quickly, then move on to the next one.

If your gonna talk the talk,
you better walk the walk.
Good luck!
 springorfall
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 7:10:06 AM
Hi Yann,

I have a couple of suggestions: Remove the "seasonal**** comment under your drinking photo - it's not a bad photo, but with that comment as the first thing people see when they look at your first picture it's not exactly introductory material : sex and drinking before we've even had a chance to meet... In fact, I'd replace your first (main) pic with the one of you swimming with dolphins or with your dog. Keep the drink picture as one of your alternate shots. The main photo should be one that shows a priority in your life, or is just a particularly good pic, or a particularly recent pic, or have some reason *why* it's there as #1.

Happy Fishing :)
 Chromis1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 7:48:56 AM
You've been here for almost two years - probably most of the women in your area have already seen your profile. Many of these women have probably had profiles up for a fair amount of time as well. Ideally, you'd like for these women to give your profile a second look.

So ... new pictures. You've got the smiling thing going for you; make sure your main picture shows that smile. POF users are increasingly using phone apps, so your main picture has to look good as a thumbnail picture - just your shoulders and head, well lit, big smile. Have your chin forward to make your face "pop".
 Coma_White
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2016 10:08:03 PM

Any advices would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Your profile lacks what most profiles lack. You want to communicate that you're already a person that dates quality women, not a loner looking for a special girl. You need to change your frame.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I need your advice please!