Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review or input please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Matt_T_uk
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile review or input pleasePage 1 of 1    
Hey,

Was hoping to get a profile review? I am terrible at doing them and fell that I could do with making mine better!
I struggle to describe my self as it is and never know what people want to know for these kinds of things.

Any help would be much appreciated!

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=92326560

Cheers
Matt
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Profile review or input please
Posted: 3/13/2016 10:49:44 AM
It's not the most horrible profile ever! There are a few suggestions, though.

Add more photos of you. The main is pretty good, a big smile would be better. (no obvious bathroom mirror selfies, please, and keep the shirt on)

A couple more Interests that may round out the personality may be good- what about a favourite comedian? holiday spot? something more specific than the usual boring generics (Music, Movies, Travel, Food, Sports, Reading).

I believe your name was duplicated in the opening. It's already in your username, no need to repeat.

The first paragraph was kinda cute - then it got generic again. Why not add a specific quality you are looking for in a partner (using the same type of humour?) You can write well, you just need a bit more description (and more photos) and you should be ok. Good first effort, though.
 springorfall
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 7:00:30 AM
I agree with Forums - a few more photos of you would be good, to give more an idea of your life perhaps? Also, you could expand on the things you have already written; what types of films would you consider 'good'? Do you have a favourite?
Likewise TV - what would you think binge-worthy?
Sharing common interests is a great thing, so give her something specific that she might recognize as a shared interest.

Good luck :)
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/15/2016 1:25:40 PM

Posted By: Matt_T_uk
I struggle to describe my self as it is and never know what people want to know for these kinds of things.

People. Women, looking to date
are looking for someone to stand out
from the masses. You can use pictures
and vivid details to accomplish this.

Dude you could have them standing in line
to go out with you. You have a job and your 6'3"

Tall, to women
are like
Big boobs, to men.
Nice to know, yes?

How about a picture of you
touching the ceiling? Flatfooted.

A head to toe shot, outside, in the daytime.

Palming a basketball or holding a coin
in your outstretched hand.
Making it look quite small
in comparison.

Use it or lose it.

I can't stop yawning after reading your "About Me" text!

A little reading

"A little reading?" as one of your "Interests" How little?

Replace that with "50 Shades of Grey"
and see if that helps.

Into my Photography, just not of my self,

my self = myself

can come across as quite

quite = quiet

Would like to find someone that I can easily get along with, be my self

my self = myself

"I would like it if you, would be able to keep up with my voracious
reading of juicy romance novels. And read with me (at least twice)
the racy sections together. As, I really like those parts! Do you?"

^^^ Maybe that last suggestion is going too far.
but I know, you gotta shake it up, make it a fresh read.

Do that, and eliminate every reference about you "being shy."
Shy is the opposite of confident.

After a month trial,
you can always change it back
to what you had.
Good luck!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/15/2016 4:53:07 PM
Hey Matt
goodness you mention being shy twice. Are you going to stare silently at your date til she cries?
You are tall, good looking... Doll you are writing a profile to draw her in not make her go
Great, pulling chicken teeth to get the guy to talk/
K, Let's start at the start
You want to date, you are sincere, you have lots to offer
What?
Do you read tiny books?
You should always be yourself when dating, it is hard to keep the facade up. I am rooting for you, nose down and let us see some changes,
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/15/2016 9:21:52 PM
OP, here is the "naked truth" about your profile........Please do not cry.....But if you do, do it silently.:) :)

First, you seem to be a handsome tall young man, we see no evidence of how tall you are but it is written in numbers in your profile.
After having said that, if I was your age and intelligent, after reading your profile I would click X and begin to read the next profile.
WHY? Because you do not sound believable.
When you write something that describes your personality and uses strong words, you must prove it with photos, otherwise you would sound false.

From your Profile:
1- Heavy obsession with cars and motorsport. = where is at least one pic of you and your "obsession"?
2- Into my Photography. = You must show at least one photo of you with your art /or/ hobby.
3- Would like to find someone that I can............. and be able to share my passions with. = Do not just write words; SHOW the proof of your "passions."

Last....Post Pictures: (no pics inside a house) from different places, different angle, they make you look REAL and HEALTHY and a fun person to be with.
 Coma_White
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2016 10:02:59 PM
The only thing I'll say is that you have to start thinking about this as a dating profile, not a friendship profile. Your profile is okay for a meetup dot com site, but you're looking to attract dates on this site.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review or input please