Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Warning women about a dangerous guy on pof      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ReeseCup66
Msg: 1
Warning women about a dangerous guy on pofPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
How can I warn other women on Pof about a dangerous guy on here, is this allowed, I don't want my account deleted but I am so afraid for other women??? This is no joke!! The guy beat the crap out of me and held a knife to my throat, I don't want to see any other woman go through this and the next girl might not be lucky enough to survive, what do I do? How can I warn other women, is this allowed????????????????????????????????????????
It wants me to add more but I don't know if I can say anymore so bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 2
Warning women about a dangerous guy on pof
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:18:23 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you filed a police report, took pictures as evidence of your injuries and the guy was arrested.

I don't think is allowed to post the handle name of other members.
 ReeseCup66
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:31:03 AM
Thanks for your response, I didn't think so but wanted to make sure... The police let him go because they said he was visiting from out of town and they couldn't arrest him for domestic violence, but thank God the guy don't drive and lives almost 3 hours away from me but that doesn't help my fear of him harming or even killing a woman.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:40:02 AM
The police let him go because he was visiting from out of town? Does that mean anyone can travel to another city, commit domestic violence and get away with it? It doesn't make any sense, you should get a second opinion from another police precinct. Or get yourself a lawyer.
 gcdeb
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 1:58:44 AM

The police let him go because they said he was visiting from out of town and they couldn't arrest him for domestic violence
Surely they could have arrested him for assault, and it sounds like, a multitude of other charges? That's crazy.
 CuteandThick34
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 5:47:32 AM
Sorry to read that. People just don't know how dangerous it is for women to date. Men often think that I am not interested because I will only meet in public places. One guy was very upset with me because I did not want to meet him at a park and it was 8pm. :/
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/14/2016 6:01:50 AM

The guy beat the crap out of me and held a knife to my throat,........The police let him go because they said he was visiting from out of town.

but thank God the guy don't drive and lives almost 3 hours away from me

There is Something strange about this story.!
Were you in his house?
Were you two drunks?
Did you call the police immediately or few days after...?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 6:05:22 AM
^^^^^

Beating you up and holding a knife to your throat by a stranger is aggravated assault. It has nothing to do with domestic violence.

I have the same questions April has.

How often did you meet him? Where did this happen? If he doesn't drive, how was he out of state three hours from his home? And, yes, how drunk was everybody?
 Maleman999
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/14/2016 6:28:01 AM
I agree with something strange about the story as well as some key details missing-like, if he lives 3 hours away and doesn't drive, why would you get interested in someone who you can't easily get together with for dates? As wells as, where did the first meet take place? Was it in his home, and did you drive 3 hours for a first date/meet with someone you never met before? There are some missing details about the police letting him go just because he lives out of town.
It's also strange that one of the profile pics says "I'm not sure if I attract crazy or if I make them that way".
 south_city
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/14/2016 7:41:51 AM

How often did you meet him? Where did this happen? If he doesn't drive, how was he out of state three hours from his home? And, yes, how drunk was everybody?

I agree there is more to the story. If he went to her place, maybe he took a bus, train, had someone drive him there etc. However if she drove to his place instead and the alleged incident happened there. But she reported it to the local police in her town, perhaps this police department said it was out of their jurisdiction. Since the alleged crime happened elsewhere.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 7:49:21 AM
It is not necessary to use the POF Forums as a place to forewarn other women of a "dangerous guy".
I am completely skeptical of the validity of this story. Things do not add up. and I'll leave it at that.
HOWEVER:

IT IS highly advised/ should be, necessary for all women AND men to use common sense, practice safe behavior, be aware of one's surroundings, etc. when meeting a completely unknown person for the first time.

It is never recommended, to meet a total stranger, alone, in a private or secluded place.

Bad things can happen to anyone but more so to those who take chances and ignore that little voice in your head. The little voice telling you, "Hey, WTH are you doing? Do you really think this is a good idea? No? So stop it!
 ReeseCup66
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/14/2016 8:07:36 AM
Ok, I didn't post the entire story because I was just asking a question, wanted to keep it short and didn't want to hear "it's your own fault" but here goes LOL Yes it is MY own fault and yes we were drinking but I wasn't totally wasted to the point that I didn't know what was going on or what I was doing so I'll tell the story from the beginning....We talked for 3 months on here and on the phone and facebook messenger, all the warning signs were there, he constantly called me names, the worst you can imagine because I was either on pof, or when we were on the phone he would here my cell phone beep when I received notifications from email, messenger, pof, constantly accusing me of talking to other men, this happened on February 4th, it had been one entire year since I went out with anyone because I needed a break from a break up I had a year ago, anyways, the warning signs were there but I was lonely, not feeling to confident about myself or dating so after his tons and tons of apologies I decided to meet him, he didn't have a car so stupid me paid for his greyhound ticket to come out here, he lives in the same state as me, I picked him up at the grayhound station, we got along great, we went to my apartment, everything was fine the first 3 days, we talked, laughed, went shopping, cooked, had fun, but on the third night we decided to have some drinks, at home because I don't drink and drive, everything was going ok and then he went on facebook and got into an argument with his daughter and her step dad, he didn't raise his daughter or even see her when she was growing up, the step dad started making mean comments to him and he started getting mean back to the step dad and his daughter and he was going to block his daughter from facebook, I told him to be the bigger man and stop posting mean things to his daughter and her step dad and I told him he shouldn't block her, he said he was totally embarrassed that I seen what they were posting about him, I said don't worry about it just leave it alone, he started drinking shot after shot, ok, so then my cell phone starts its usually beeping like everyone's cell phones do when you get notifications from anything but I wasn't on pof, they were normal email and facebook notifications, anyways he started calling me fowl names once again, I told him I wasn't going to put up with it and if he continued I would throw him out of my apartment, he wouldn't stop, so I went in my room and told him I was going to bed, he came in my room and continued the screaming and yelling at me and calling me names, I then started getting worried and told him I was going to go stay at my girlfriend Carla's house for the night so he could cool down, he then grabbed me by my throat, squeezing my wind pipe and threw me on the bed, I already had a lump on my forehead and a scrape on my cheek from him pushing his fingers really hard in my face and on my forehead, so after squeezing my wind pipe, I'm down on the bed, crying and pushing his hand away and telling him to stop, he left the room, I was still laying down crying, he came back in a few seconds later grabbed my head and held a knife to my throat telling me he was going to kill me if I even thought about leaving and making stabbing motions, I layed absolutely still and didn't say a word in order to NOT make him anymore crazy and angrier then he was, he left the room again and came back in and said he was going to throw my cat out the window (I live 6 stories up) and he said he was going to smash my computer, he took my cell phone and my home phone and hid them, I didn't know what to do, how to get help but I live in an apartment complex that is mostly elderly and handicapped people and on my bedroom and bathroom walls are emergency cords you can pull if you need an ambulance, the building is old, they usually don't work, anyways, when he left the room again I pulled the cord 2 times, he came back in the room and started screaming at me, asking me if I pulled the cord, I said NO and was laying there crying, took a half hour for the ambulance to arrive, he answered MY door, I stood behind him quietly waving my arms to the ambulance guy while he was telling them that nothing was wrong here, I finally said "I'm sick, I need to go to the hospital" and they told him they needed to talk to me so I went out in the hall, they walked me down the hall a little ways and they said "we know whats going on here, come down with us in the ambulance" so I did, and while in the ambulance they called the police, the police were up with him for about a half an hour, they finally came down and said they made him leave but they weren't pressing charges because we had been drinking and he was from out of town and they couldn't get him for domestic violence and if I wanted to press charges to come to the police station on SUNDAY, this was THURSDAY night, I immediately called my oldest daughter to come and stay with me because I was so shook up and horrified to fall asleep, she told me, that's the way Painesville Ohio's police department is, that it's normal they never help woman and this is true, I found out through the victims advocates when I called the domestic violence shelter, anyways she begged me and begged me to go on sunday to press charges but I refused, I was so shook up I didn't leave the house for a month, every time I closed my eyes to drift off to sleep the visions of that nights memories would go through my mind, so it was my fault after all the warning signs were there and still letting this NUT into my apartment...that's pretty much it in a nutshell, I KNOW it was my fault but I still want to somehow warn other women on here, I finally looked up his criminal record, he had over 9 I believe, domestic violence charges back in the late 90's and one was even against his own cousin, Ok, so let me have it everyone!!
 ReeseCup66
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/14/2016 8:11:12 AM
You are absolutely right, that little voice told me NOT to let him over, it told me to never talk to him again so it's my own fault and I realize that, I added the entire story below, but I do believe other woman should know because he has a history of domestic violence and he is a total nut case, I guess that makes me a nut case too for even bringing this lunatic to my apartment!!
 Onyx49
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/14/2016 8:13:23 AM
Based on what you said, the Police should have arrested him for assault, disorderly conduct...etc !!!

However, I tend not to accept stories like this when you leave out so many details.
Sure...women claim all the time that some guy beat her up...but she fails to say she threw the first punch.

The Police, didn't buy your story...and from what you said, neither do most people commenting...yet you want to trash his reputation, when really you just destroyed your own.....
 ReeseCup66
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2016 8:16:43 AM
That is NOT true at all, the police are horrible out here, they said we were drinking and bla bla bla, I don't want to trash anyone's reputation or I WOULD HAVE POSTED HIS NAME AND PICTURE NOT CARING WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES WERE, all I want to do is warn other women, my god what the heck is wrong with you!!!
 gtomustang
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2016 8:48:46 AM
1) your profile mentions you find 'em crazy. Not a lot of people do, so the good news is, that segment of the population is going to spot this dude a mile away and not come close. they are safe from him.

2)unfortunately, some people can't be saved from themselves. if they can't ignore "all the signs" from this guy 3 hours away, they'll find someone closer to be treated this way. you can tell them otherwise, and they'll just dismiss it.

3) if he lives 3 hours away from your police district, then the cops there might be more likely to do something, according to his arrest history. maybe that's why he has to travel so far. there are plenty of women who do internet background checks, so those women will spot him a mile away and not come close, either.

4)luckily not a lot of women will pick up a guy at a bus station and have him stay over for 3 days, so those women too are safe. For whatever comfort it may bring, we're talking a real small population here...and like I said, they likely don't listen to red flags.
 ReeseCup66
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/14/2016 8:55:14 AM
You're right, because I seen the warning signs and ignored them, after all his apologies I thought I would give him a chance even after knowing deep down in my soul that it was a very bad idea...I've learned my lesson....the hard way! Thanks for that, I'll stop worrying so much
 carolann0308
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 9:50:41 AM
So sorry this happened to you, but you broke every online dating rule. Please don't let strangers into your home. Thank god for that pull cord.
 ReeseCup66
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/14/2016 10:59:12 AM
Thanks so much Carol, I know I broke the rules which is something I have never done before and will never do again, I thank God every chance I get for that pull cord, who knows what would have happened if it wasn't there or didn't work...
 a_buick_a_dd214_and_a_ba
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/15/2016 8:07:35 PM

The guy beat the crap out of me

Assault and battery.

held a knife to my throat

Felony menacing, weapon, assault and battery.

<---- Former MP. 11th, 177th and 87th MP Brigades.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/15/2016 8:26:50 PM

but I was lonely, not feeling to confident about myself or dating so after his tons and tons of apologies I decided to meet him, he didn't have a car so stupid me paid for his greyhound ticket to come out here, he lives in the same state as me, I picked him up at the grayhound station, we got along great, we went to my apartment,

In the words of the immortal Rick Springfield:

"Where can I find a woman like that?"

because I seen the warning signs and ignored them,

How does that work?

People see imaginary warning signs with me, and DON"T ignore them.

I guess that makes me a nut case too for even bringing this lunatic to my apartment!!

Much better to meet a lunatic at Starbucks, where all they could do is throw hot coffee all over you.

Actually, it's better not to meet any lunatics at all, especially when they have already indicated that they are a lunatic before even getting to the meeting stage.

..I've learned my lesson....the hard way!

Does anyone ever want to learn their lesson the easy way.....besides me?
 BeckyHT
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2016 12:06:23 AM

I found out through the victims advocates when I called the domestic violence shelter, anyways she begged me and begged me to go on sunday to press charges but I refused, I was so shook up I didn't leave the house for a month, every time I closed my eyes to drift off to sleep the visions of that nights memories would go through my mind, so it was my fault after all the warning signs were there and still letting this NUT into my apartment...that's pretty much it in a nutshell, I KNOW it was my fault but I still want to somehow warn other women on here, I finally looked up his criminal record, he had over 9 I believe, domestic violence charges back in the late 90's and one was even against his own cousin, Ok, so let me have it everyone!!

Let's do first things first. YOU ARE NOT AT fault.

He assaulted you. You did not assault him. Get that freaking idea of 'it was my fault' out of your head! Stand up for yourself.

The statute of limitations is probably 4 years.

Go to the Police, and tell them you do want to file charges. The lady in the violence shelter was right!
 kj521
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/16/2016 7:51:28 AM
Ms. Reesecup....

What a horrific and terrifying experience. What happened to you was not your fault. Not loving yourself enough and allowing loneliness to distort your perception increases the potential of encountering manipulative and maladaptive individuals. That is where your responsibility lies.

I wish there was a way that we could warn others when we encounter such individuals. But it is up to each of us to be due diligent when allowing people into our lives. Which is why it is very important to report such incidents. It just may help the next woman, if she happens to check for a criminal record, before she allows herself to get involved with him.

I hope you are taking the time and actions to heal so as to minimize the potential for future violent encounters.

Wishing you healing, peace and a future filled with love. :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/16/2016 11:57:35 AM
I would still press charges.. doubt it is too late to do so. If you really want to warn others then him being charged with aasault when they check on his name is a good start.
Glad you are ok, doesn't matter then age there is always " stranger danger" so don't invite on into your home.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2016 12:14:55 PM

I wish there was a way that we could warn others when we encounter such individuals.

There is a way.

Go to the police, file the report. Then get a copy of the report, and send it to the admins on this site. Also include past criminal history. They don’t want predators on this site.

Once, I sent copies of a long email of a crazy guy, so that admins could check it out. They can read emails of both myself and emails of other women as well. I don’t know if it was just my report, but the guy’s profile did get removed.

Be proactive.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Warning women about a dangerous guy on pof