Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fedup3456
Msg: 1
Why are guys online so biased against black womenPage 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Why is the black girl considered "average" in the face to white guys whereas the white girl is hot and pretty to guys?
Personally, I think the black girl is much more attractive and it's not close--not saying the white one isn't attractive though
Can guys not look past skin color and stereotypes when messaging.

http://imgur.com/a/tx9E5

http://imgur.com/a/NvTLm

I get that people have their opinions and preferences but I think it's weird that no one can notice how pretty the black girl is.
 Onyx49
Msg: 2
Why are guys online so biased against black women
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:31:32 PM
Who told you that ?
People are attracted to who ever they are attracted to...but for you....a WHITE GURL...to make such a sweeping and stupid generalization...that's all you !!!
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:41:41 PM
Didn't you received feedback about this topic just the other day?

springorfall
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:43:36 PM
Everyone has preference. Some like thin, some larger, some small, some taller, some a particular "colour". And then, of course, there's a preference for facial (and bodily features) - cupid lips, larger lips, wide eyes, almond eyes, angular jaw, rounded face... etc. Someone that is found attractive by some, may not be found attractive by others. Even 'sex symbols' like Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor don't appeal to everyone who find 'white women' attractive.
 fedup3456
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:46:18 PM
no, it just turned into an argument amongst two users.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:49:40 PM
You're both attractive - it probably comes down to who is more APPROACHABLE

Do you smile often or poubt with a " I'm too sexy for your carrot " kind of look ?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:50:34 PM
The phenomenon has been well researched and discussed.

It's probably a cultural thing as most images of beauty we're surrounded by are white. From Barbie on up. But it might not be. There's plenty of literature discussing it if you're really interested.
 DeliciousANDnutricious
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/14/2016 3:17:33 PM
Could it be that some white guys "assume" you only date black guys, because you're black?

What if that was the case with some guys, so they don't open your profile because in their mind you're not interested already?

A lot of guys fear rejection, and could be afraid you will reject them because they are white?

This is where if you contact them first, they might start talking.
 Walts
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/15/2016 5:00:38 PM

Personally, I think the black girl is much more attractive and it's not close--not saying the white one isn't attractive though

Since you actually admitted in the other post that you are the black girl, than "personally" you SHOULD "think" the black is much MORE attractive.

With that little tude of yours, and YOUR thought process, I can see why men would be more attracted to the "other" one, no matter the colour of her skin. But, you just keep blaming the skin colour if you like. It is your choice, isn't it?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2016 5:06:34 PM
we all have our preferences and if the colour of the skin does not appeal, so be it. I am sure that many white women would not consider dating someone of colour. Some men prefer blondes, some women prefer blue eyes etc. Some men wont date an overweight girl no matter how pretty and so on. Some women wont consider a man who is short... That is life.

There is racism and prejudice to deal with when these people of different races get together and that can be difficult to deal with. I speak from experience.
 Onyx49
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/15/2016 5:10:18 PM
OP, you have pictures of two different women in your profile...why ???

Edit
MSG-12

Did you show him the goods...he may have changed his mind...
 NJgirl116
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/15/2016 5:24:10 PM
Preference.... This winter I met a hotttttt - I mean hot! white guy who dated black girls. I was not exactly offended, but somewhat bummed.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/15/2016 5:26:17 PM
Rachel Doleza
This is a confusing post.. I sense a trick
 homemakerwoman
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2016 5:27:44 PM
Op,

I don't know what you are taking about. Most of the men in my inbox are white. 💁🏽
 kidreason29
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/15/2016 6:02:21 PM
Attitude/Personality/Character/etc. have a lot to do with it.

If you presented a 'hot' woman to me who was mean, vs a 'average looking' woman who was nice. I would take the 'average' any day. Ofc both would be physically attractive.

Really I can't stand rude/mean women.

I don't understand why there are women that think everything is about looks. It is like 60% looks and 40% personality, and a 65% or 70% is a passing score.

Those models you see on tv/magazines or whatever most likely have that stuck-up snobby shit attitude because they think their the shit for being a model or whatever. I could not stand to be with them, I don't care how they look

Obviously you have some similar problem because you think it has to do with your looks, you probably have that attitude I would hate to be around
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2016 7:10:15 PM
What I find 'attractive' in terms of race has no relevance to anybody's situation but my own. If I had to give it a priority, it's probably about #27 or #28 out of 30 or so traits I find attractive. Attitude and lifestyle are probably the top two, well, aside from being Female, that is.

I'll just say that the opening opinion about race being the ONLY issue that's different is throwing a rather huge blanket over the rest of the world, and was probably a snap reaction to the opinion of one or two or maybe a few people at most. If you assume the whole world is 'that' way because they are in your tiny niche of the world, you are working with some seriously flawed math.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/15/2016 8:02:14 PM
In 2 out of 3 photos the black girl looks like she's pissed off at the world, ready to kill someone..
 south_city
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/16/2016 7:25:06 AM
The black woman has 1 good picture and 2 not so flattering pictures of himself. That could be the difference. In general, many ( not all ) white men aren't attracted to black women. OkC among others did studies on this. It's also possible some white men don't date black women because their family and/or friends won't approve of it.
 Onyx49
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/16/2016 8:01:56 AM
OP, I think you deliberately set this post up to disguise your racism.
Clearly you have no interest or knowledge as to who is being contacted here, or what race they are...you're simply making a generalized statement, the core factor is these type comments is usually racist views...which is evident based on the answers given above...and below......

EDIT
Stop Trolling me, you're everywhere I post...if it's true you're gay, I'm not so you can drop your crush.....

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/16/2016 8:24:11 AM
Onyx..the OP is the black girl in the photos, she put photos of her white friend on the profile..but "everything's racism", to some.
OP the black girl is pretty but looks like she wants to knife someone in 2 of the photos.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/16/2016 8:34:38 AM
If you go to countries like Brazil, Peru, Colombia & Venezuela, you will see an incredible mix of backgrounds.

There are black women that are gorgeous and not pretending to look white. There are white women that are gorgeous not pretending to be the media version of what attractive should be.

Depending on where you live, you will see different degrees of discrimination about mixed races. Mississippi is going to be totally different than, let's say Atlanta where there's a ton of mixed couples and it's seen kind of normal.
 carolann0308
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2016 9:47:05 AM
What the hell are you doing? You've got different people's photos in your profile. Just trolling, trying to start a racist thread?

Skin tone does not automatically make a woman beautiful.
 Pacing_My_Cage
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 11:45:48 AM
Hmmm... first of all, I also have a feeling something odd is up here. I checked those links & and there are 2 different women pictured... 1 white, 1 black. But as long as the topic is up I'm going to reply.

I personally find many black women to be very attractive. The color of their skin makes no difference to me what so ever. In fact, some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen are black... I wouldn't hesitate for a second, to have a relationship with someone of a different race. So, there are definitely white men, & I'm sure men of other races, that feel the same way.
 cooldog65
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2016 6:22:28 PM
Interesting topic even though our OP is gone. I have an overly strong preference for beautiful black women. I have more than 30 years of dating/relationship experience in this area.

Most of them have been darker and very few have been light skinned. There's something so incredible about that beautiful brown skin...
 ckingtruth88
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/22/2016 7:33:46 PM
I think beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and shades.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women