Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are women more attractive to men that are taken      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 1
Are women more attractive to men that are takenPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I started dating this woman for about a month mow. When I meet other women I generally tell them that I started to date someone. Instead of them backing off they get closer to me and more warm. This has had happened before. I even had a more than woman tell me, let just meet for coffee. When I was 100% single this rarely happened.

I'm I not seeing something here?
 ebolakitty
Msg: 2
Are women more attractive to men that are taken
Posted: 3/24/2016 3:59:04 PM
There is something to that. In your case, age may have something to do with it but, essentially, yes. It is not your imagination.
 scm600
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/24/2016 4:06:10 PM
Yep, it happens all the time. I'm not quite sure why. But it happens with women who don't even know my relationship status. And most of my friends, both male and female, report the same thing. The common refrain is "When it rains, it pours!"
And if you break up, the ones that got all warm and fuzzy with you will avoid you like the plague. Bothersome at first but, once you know what to expect, it's actually humorous. :-)
 NJgirl116
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/24/2016 4:47:03 PM
How can he date me if he's dating someone else? Are there 2 Friday nights, one for each? A nonsense question.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/24/2016 5:33:03 PM
Damaged people want what they cannot have
BUt hey it is raining hotties for you
 scm600
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/24/2016 6:26:04 PM
^^^^^^ The rain of hotties is only good if you can take advantage of it. If I'm in a relationship with someone, I can't or won't. And once I'm available, they're not. Like I said, it used to be annoying, now it's just humorous.

My new theme is "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" :-) Apologies to Elvis Costello...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 6:30:05 PM
That does happen. You'd think women would get smart and just leave well enough alone. I wouldn't pester a taken lady. Yet some will, both men and women. When I was married, one big guy, bigger than me, started to hit on my then wife, and I coldcocked the **stard. (yeah, I'm an animal.)

No, we haven't gotten past our caveman roots. In a left handed way, I don't like to be aggressive toward women. I pay the price because of it. No dates.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 6:49:07 PM
I think it may be true of both sexes. I have heard of reports where a man has married and is wearing a ring and suddenly has the interest of women that he didn't before. I guess there is the thing that we dont want someone that no one else apparently does not want. Women also report that once they are in a happy relationship they are more desirable to others. It may be that they are more relaxed and dont reek of desperation. There may also be the element of competition.
 AngeL_Feats
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/24/2016 6:56:16 PM
Happens w/ both genders- many people see those who have partners as more desirable...some sort of "supply & demand" thing...
 gtomustang
Msg: 10
Are women more attracted to men who are taken
Posted: 3/24/2016 7:03:22 PM
Yep...men who are taken, basically aren't chasing, are more relaxed, likely focusing more on their outer appearance or leaving the house in better clothes...in other words, no stink of desperation. We aren't looking at women with the "Will you release me from my loneliness and the world of can't-get-none loserness?" we don't approach women with the idea of getting them in the sack like we used to. we aren't dropping hints about our singleness.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 11
Are women more attracted to men who are taken
Posted: 3/24/2016 7:48:18 PM
I have no idea about women, just one woman, me, NOPE!
 daynadaze
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 8:45:47 PM
What's not to understand, some people are into breaking up others to boost their ego, men do it too. Also there are those who think if you are attached you won't be too involved and just a once in a while sex kick. Take a good look at the people who do this, I think you will catch on quickly as to what kind of people they are.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/24/2016 8:57:02 PM
I can't imagine wearing a ring to a pub.

Getting some ideas now.

You can flat out tell them that you are going out with other women and they still will go after you.

Driving up in a convertible Vette.

Sitting at the bar.

Browsing my matches.

It always gets stares and shout outs.

What's your name? What do you?

Hahahahhahahaha
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/24/2016 8:57:02 PM

This has had happened before. I even had a more than woman tell me, let just meet for coffee. When I was 100% single this rarely happened.

Women may tell you it's not true. But it is. When a man gets laid with regularity, there's something in his demeanor that for some reason attracts women. You can flat out tell them that you are going out with other women and they still will go after you. This is even more freaking effective if they get to see that the other woman is super hot. Then they want you even more. I wish I could explain the logic, but I can't, but it's totally true.
 Coma_White
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 8:58:40 PM
It's a pretty simple concept. If you have value for one woman, other women will assume you'd have value for them as well.
 kidreason29
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/24/2016 11:30:41 PM

Happens w/ both genders- many people see those who have partners as more desirable...some sort of "supply & demand" thing...

I call bullshit on this. I'm absolutely sure this is dominantly a woman thing.

Women are even more attracted to other men, when the women themselves are in a relationship.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/25/2016 2:41:20 AM

I call bullshit on this. I'm absolutely sure this is dominantly a woman thing.

Agree. except you didn't take it far enough. Women are quite willing to share a high status man but only the most obsequious men will do so. Of course, women will boisterously declare that they won't but that is only empty bluster to cower low status men into not philandering. Many times I've heard a woman announce, "I don't share" and she is in a threesome the very next week. I suppose that they like to think that they have scruples but, when put to the test, they don't.

Women are even more attracted to other men, when the women themselves are in a relationship.

It doesn't pay for a woman to be loyal. They have no sense of honor or virtue. It would be dysfunctional. Sometimes you will hear a woman say, "Oh, I would never. I have too much self esteem for that." The other side of that coin is that she has enough self esteem to feel she deserves a better man than the one she is with and will gladly jump on his penis when the better one appears. After all, it is her right isn't it? Women can find a way to justify absolutely anything and will do so whenever the next big deal comes along.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/25/2016 4:17:05 AM
From the thread title, is the word, in the question,"attracTIVE " or "attracTED"? Or both?

"Are women more attractive to men that are taken"

Let's reverse this question shall we?
To men that are taken, are women more attractive?
Men, who are taken, always think, "women are more attractive".
(You know, ALL men..............ALWAYS. Just like ALL women........ALWAYS, right?)

You'd think women would get smart

Well of course we are more attractive! Why not? We are dumber than a box of rocks.It seems we have shit for brains!

Women may tell you it's not true. But it is.

We lie thru our teeth, we wouldn't know the truth if it smacked us up aside the head, we are incapable of thinking for ourselves!

other women will assume you'd have value for them as well.

and perhaps a little more attracted to, "taken" men.

Of course we will assume! We have shit for brains. We lie, we cheat and the only men we are attrac.............. to ARE TAKEN!
LMAO, Just hit me wrong today. Have a great weekend !

They have no sense of honor or virtue

Oh dear, just shoot me now. Put me out of your misery!
 kj521
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/25/2016 4:41:44 AM
Are women more more attractive to men that are taken?

Given the amount of married men who have attempted to woo me since I have been single....i would say....yes....we are more attractive to some.

And when I was "taken" I simply never noticed other men. I only cared that one man thought I was the most beautiful woman in the World even when he saw the many moments I was not. :)
 kidreason29
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/25/2016 5:34:08 AM

Agree. except you didn't take it far enough

lol. yea you went pretty far. minus well start believing they are from another planet. look up some mgtow'ism, start to believe you are superior to women and shit.

Here's my take: I try not to generalize a whole set of people, given what ever similar characteristics. but when I say women/man I mean within the cultural context of discussion

but then again, is culture not deprived from biology?

there is no point in getting into it, if you only are because of some rooted hatred of women.

Otherwise, if it is purely for scientific curiosity, that's fine, but I can assure you that is not the reason for some of the people out there(YouTube)
 carolann0308
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2016 5:42:54 AM
I don't know if it's an issue of 'want', but I find conversation and friendship a whole lot easier when you know for a fact that the other person is happily taken. You can talk, joke even be a bit flirty because nothing will come of it.
People behave differently and have more confidence when they are in a good solid relationship, I think that in turn makes others relax around them. No need to be shy or wonder if they like you or don't like you because the chance of a relationship is off the table, so everyone gets to be themselves.
When you take away chances of a person hitting on you, adults can actually just be friends.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/25/2016 6:16:33 AM

Here's my take: I try not to generalize a whole set of people, given what ever similar characteristics. but when I say women/man I mean within the cultural context of discussion

Explain how you do this. I am interested because I assert that you can't predict the behavior of any particular woman but you can predict the behavior of women, as a group, with astonishing accuracy. Seems to me that generalizing is the ONLY way to say anything meaningful because if you limit it to individuals you will probably be wrong most of the time.

is culture not deprived from biology?

Yes, very much so. It is human's method of evolutionary adaptation. Other species adapt biologically. When the environment changes other species develop better paws , claws or fins and learn to eat different foods etc. Humans develop new social rituals and technology to adapt to new environments.

Otherwise, if it is purely for scientific curiosity, that's fine, but I can assure you that is not the reason for some of the people out there(YouTube)

You must mean the YouTube MGTOWs. Some of them have some pretty good ideas but most are just right wing ignoranuses pissed off at feminism. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/25/2016 6:29:14 AM

Women may tell you it's not true. But it is.

We lie thru our teeth, we wouldn't know the truth if it smacked us up aside the head, we are incapable of thinking for ourselves!

That is a broad generalization. LOL.

It's not that women in general lie through their teeth, it's that many women do not know what they really want until something happens. There has been so many times when a woman has said, I would never date a guy like that, and two weeks later she is sleeping with the guy. Or they say, I would never do this and low and behold they do it the next week.
 flman2015
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/25/2016 6:33:57 AM

I only cared that one man thought I was the most beautiful woman in the World even when he saw the many moments I was not. :)

There were no such moments. Those moments were only those when you weren't looking at yourself through his eyes.
 kj521
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/25/2016 7:10:10 AM
Oh my goodness! Such sweet words, Mr. Flman! I feel a swoon coming on!
Gifts of rare jewels and proffered words of the sweetest nectar.....could this....could this be....love?

I dare not think of what will be next as I am not sure my heart could withstand it!

****have a feeling that it might be a pm stating that you have gone on ahead to Bogota to oversee the mining process of my "gota de aceite" emeralds. And some tragic event or another has occurred in the process requiring the government to impose unforeseen fees.....and you need my assistance.....temporarily, of course. Am I close? :D
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are women more attractive to men that are taken