Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > relationship limbo      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rubickscuban
Msg: 1
view profile
History
relationship limboPage 1 of 1    
I met this girl on Tinder in January. We started talking and hit it off immediately. We both have similar interests and we're both looking to go into some sort of artistic career (I kinda have a thing for her too). We're still talking as friends,but there's a big roadblock in the way. I want to meet up with her, maybe hangout at the mall or something, but it tends to not work out, what with her busy schedule. We were gonna meet up this weekend, but she'll be heading out to DC for her break. I think we'll have to wait for the summer to hang out, but it almost feels like a sort of limbo.

I like talking to her through text and all (FB messenger) but I feel like if we meet in person, we'll get a better idea of what the other person's like. I know I should just wait and bring it up after her break, but what do you guys think of the situation and where things are going? I think other perspectives would really help. Thanks! 8D
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
relationship limbo
Posted: 3/27/2016 8:46:34 PM

what do you guys think of the situation
She is your online/messenger friend.

where things are going
Nowhere further than it already has. If she wanted to meet you she would have made sure it happened by now.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 3
relationship limbo
Posted: 3/29/2016 7:01:04 AM
Anything that happens online, is in the end not real. Until you met, you do not have a relationship. You have a pen pall. So, unless she shows more interest in meeting in person, move on, because there's nothing going on.
 carolann0308
Msg: 4
view profile
History
relationship limbo
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:55:31 AM
You have not met, you are texting pen pals. Ask her out on a real date or move on. No girl wants to 'hang out at the mall' unless she's in middle school.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 5
relationship limbo
Posted: 3/29/2016 9:18:25 AM
There is nothing going on, nothing.

For all we know, you're talking to a teen with too much time on their hands. Until you've met someone, they are not real, you are not real, hence you two aren't real.
 hemingway234
Msg: 6
relationship limbo
Posted: 4/7/2016 1:07:08 PM
Sounds like you are being catfished. If they can't meet within a couple of weeks, cut them loose and talk to others.
 Cycling99
Msg: 7
relationship limbo
Posted: 4/7/2016 10:33:24 PM
Seems like you have an online friend. What is the saying, "you can never have too many friends."
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 8
relationship bimbo
Posted: 4/8/2016 8:35:17 AM
Sounds like an ideal relationship if you're looking to save money.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 9
relationship bimbo
Posted: 4/8/2016 10:50:03 AM
Ask her out to dinner or drinks. If she doesn't say yes or counteroffer, don't waste anymore time. "hang out at the mall or something" - no, you're a man, not a high school girl.
 FlipFlops4LIFE
Msg: 10
relationship bimbo
Posted: 4/9/2016 7:10:39 AM
She'll probably never meet you. You're just a chat buddy, or a friend.
 wineaboutit
Msg: 11
relationship limbo
Posted: 4/11/2016 12:00:07 PM
You met her on Tinder in January and you have not met up IRL? Dude she is never gonna meet you, hit the exit sign. If I exchange too many messages with somebody and they do not ask to meet I stop conversing with them. You are with a time waster.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 12
view profile
History
relationship limbo
Posted: 4/11/2016 12:57:12 PM
Three months exchanging emails/texts and you haven't met. If you are looking for an online relationship you have it here. She will never meet you, she is not interested in meeting you, she may not be anything like she says she is. If you are looking for a real life person to "hang-out" with(the mall, really???) this isn't it. In the first or second conversation you should find out when they are comfortable meeting. If it is days...good, a week or two...ok, more than that and it is all it is going to be, if you like that, enjoy if not move on.
 Maleman999
Msg: 13
relationship limbo
Posted: 4/12/2016 9:15:40 AM
OP: Yous should apply to be on the show "Catfish", since you have the requirements for the show-staying in e-contact with someone who won't meet you in person. But you might have to propose marriage first and give her an e-ring to keep up with the other crazies on the show who have the same pity stories of undying love for a cyber ghost.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 14
view profile
History
relationship limbo
Posted: 4/12/2016 6:52:46 PM
Be wary of projecting your fantasises onto a girl you have not met. She does not want to actually meet you or she would have made time. You are her online pal. Have you actually spoken to her on the phone? She may not be at all as she represents herself to be. I would not wait around for her but look for other connections.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > relationship limbo