Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Importance of heigh?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 samverhoeff
Msg: 1
Importance of heigh?Page 1 of 51    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Hi guys just interested in your opinion on height and how much of a role it plays in dating. I went on a date a few days back, I am a male, 173cms, I would say she was 174-175cms. Once I noticed she was taller I got this feeling it was over before it begun, like an instant red flag. Either was went bowling with her, went to a pub and had a drink and got dinner, lasted around 2 hours and a half. Conversation flowed pretty good for the most part, a few awkward moments but I would presume that is normal for a first date? So 2 days later and I should probably text to make a second date, but I really don't want to bother if the odds are really high that being shorter than her is a pretty good chance of a deal breaker.
 kj521
Msg: 2
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 4:05:52 AM
Mr Sam....

"but I really don't want to bother if the odds are really high that being shorter than her is a pretty good chance of a deal breaker."

This defeatist attitude will be far more detrimental to your success in finding love than your height.

Fortune......and love.....does favor the bold!!!!!

Call her.....don't text.....and ask her out. Don't think.....just do.

Wishing you much success in your search for love! :)
 dragonbytes
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 4:47:49 AM
It seems like you are making it a deal breaker for yourself.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 5:03:34 AM
Once you've had a 2.5 hour date during which "conversation flowed pretty good for the most part," it's extremely likely that height no longer matters -- especially a mere 1 to 2 cm difference. If it's a dealbreaker to her, then it's difficult to imagine she would have spent that much time with you after meeting you, and she's certainly unlikely to accept a second date under those circumstances. So I'd just treat this like any other good date you've had and continue on that track without concerning yourself about the height difference (including not bringing up the topic at any point in the near future).

Height does matter a lot in dating (if anyone around here knows that it's me), but as a filter prior to attraction being established -- if a woman knows how tall you are and still agrees to go on the date, then there is no real reason to sit around worrying about it. (If you met her through Tinder or a blind date or some other method that involved her not knowing your height beforehand, then she may well have been bothered by it upon discovering it during the meeting and not let on about that, but still, few women will "waste" nearly 3 hours with a guy she has no real interest in so again, just continue on your regular dating course until something goes bad -- or great.)
 gcdeb
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 6:00:23 AM
Why are you inventing a problem that may not even exist? I suspect your lack of confidence will be a bigger issue than your height.
 Walts
Msg: 6
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 6:14:04 AM
If my height, or the lack of a couple of inches, I simply ask the young lady in question to get on her knees.

Problem,

solved.
 carolann0308
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 7:16:49 AM
If a first date is going really well, try to book the 2nd date that same night or at least call her the next day to do that. Stop texting. Once you meet a girl you need to communicate like an adult.
Waiting three days to call is bad enough, but three days to text? Even if she liked you she'd be put off by that.
 south_city
Msg: 8
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 8:26:02 AM
Sure height can matter. But in this particular case, if she wasn't interested in you because of height, she probably wouldn't have went on a date with the OP. Unless the OP lied about it. Not saying he did though.

If a first date is going really well, try to book the 2nd date that same night or at least call her the next day to do that. Stop texting. Once you meet a girl you need to communicate like an adult.

I don't ask for another date during the date itself. Some women might say yes when they aren't interested because they don't want to reject a man face to face. Or they might change their mind after some reflection. Asking her out 1-2 days later is fine.

Texting doesn't make someone any "less of an adult". I have set up plenty of dates by text. Some of the women I went out on dates with didn't like talking on the phone.
 Baldy8
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 9:14:02 AM
Women are attracted to confidence and it doesn't seem like you have that. If you are interested in her, give her a call.
 Coma_White
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 9:23:14 AM

Hi guys just interested in your opinion on height and how much of a role it plays in dating. I went on a date a few days back, I am a male, 173cms, I would say she was 174-175cms. Once I noticed she was taller I got this feeling it was over before it begun, like an instant red flag. Either was went bowling with her, went to a pub and had a drink and got dinner, lasted around 2 hours and a half. Conversation flowed pretty good for the most part, a few awkward moments but I would presume that is normal for a first date? So 2 days later and I should probably text to make a second date, but I really don't want to bother if the odds are really high that being shorter than her is a pretty good chance of a deal breaker.

It makes no difference if you're shorter than her, you've already been on a good date with her. Call her up asap and arrange a second date. Stop being the one that conforms to social pressure. You need to be the one that influences social pressure. I've dated many women that were taller than me. Even if she teases you about it, it's not because you're short, it because she wants to see how you feel about yourself. Get in the frame where you're sincere and excited about things so people believe you. If you say a restaurant is awesome, people will believe it's awesome. If you think you're a 10, she'll think you're a 10.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 11
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 9:42:19 AM
There's nothing wrong with texting, especially if you're in the younger crowd.
It's a very acceptable form of communication.
So text her now to let her know you're still interested and call to work out the details of your next date.
Time will cool things off and lessen your chances.
 flman2015
Msg: 12
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 9:49:29 AM

... lasted around 2 hours and a half.

Most women have something "important" to do in less than 2 and a half hours if they are not enjoying the date. (btw... most guys do too) It looks like height is more of a problem to you than it is/was for her.

I really don't want to bother if the odds are really high that being shorter than her is a pretty good chance of a deal breaker.

Success is most enjoyable when the odds are against you.

I should probably text to make a second date, but I really don't want to bother...

Why would any woman be interested in a guy who doesn't "want to bother" ?...

Call her.....don't text.....and ask her out. Don't think.....just do.

^^ Stated simply and clearly. Direct advice from brains and beauty.

Next time, arrange for the second date while you are on the first one. That way, neither you nor her is left wondering.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 13
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/28/2016 7:59:22 PM

Hi guys just interested in your opinion on height and how much of a role it plays in dating.

My not so humble opinion is that height should NOT matter in the least.

My observation and experience indicates that it matters a lot.
Way too much.

I am a male, 173cms, I would say she was 174-175cms. Once I noticed she was taller I got this feeling it was over before it begun, like an instant red flag

Didn't either of you know how tall the other was BEFORE going on the date?
 LAEPF
Msg: 14
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/31/2016 9:36:00 AM
I am 5' 3" and had a nice boyfriend once who was the same height as me. It only bothers me if they are shorter but there is a lot of leeway for me since I'm pretty short myself. The only thing I felt uncomfortable with was wearing heals but I'm not a big heal wearer anyway, so it was fine.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 3/31/2016 9:19:47 PM
If she didnt mention height, then it may not even be an issue. You could take a chance and ask her out again and she can only say no. Was she wearing heels at the time by the way?

Next time you can ascertain just how tall a girl before you meet up and then you wont have this angst. You are not the tallest, agreed, but plenty of women are shorter. As long as you are quite broad and fit you will find someone I am sure.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 16
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/1/2016 6:57:26 AM
People tend to say that height does not matter. Then you talk to the short guys and the will tell you otherwise. They feel completely discriminated and brushed aside. So they have a valid point. I am 6', so I never seemed to have this problem. Also, I have dated women that are taller than me, or that were anywhere from 5' 9" to 5' 11" which means when they put those high heals they are over six. I've never had a problem with them. However, I have seen that many tall women seem to have a problem because since they intimidate a lot of guys, they feel like the short guys, rejected.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/1/2016 7:22:32 AM
I just now noticed the funny thing about this thread and the OP.

He says his height is 5.8 on his profile, but in the thread he says his height is 173 CM, which is 5.67585, round up to 5.7.

The women he is dating is 175 cm, which is 5.74147, say 5.8.

BUT the OP claimed in his profile that he is 5.8, while in reality he is over an inch shorter.

While I don't think dating a woman that is an inch taller than me is in any way a big deal, I might be concerned if prolife height didn't reflect my real height. I don't see a problem "rounding up" but that means he should have only rounded up to 5.7.

SO IMO he is also feeling a little guilty about that.

samverhoeff Why don't you let us know how it's going on with this woman. IMO you shouldn't be a big problem given that she already went on a date with you.

Though if you are correct about your height being 173 CM, claiming you are 177 CM indicates to me you don't feel totally confident about yourself.
 Coma_White
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/1/2016 10:50:47 AM

People tend to say that height does not matter. Then you talk to the short guys and the will tell you otherwise. They feel completely discriminated and brushed aside. So they have a valid point. I am 6', so I never seemed to have this problem. Also, I have dated women that are taller than me, or that were anywhere from 5' 9" to 5' 11" which means when they put those high heals they are over six. I've never had a problem with them. However, I have seen that many tall women seem to have a problem because since they intimidate a lot of guys, they feel like the short guys, rejected.

Of course physical qualities matter a little bit, but not as much as people think. Being insecure about your height, your looks, your hair, your weight, etc, is a way bigger deal than the actual physical qualities.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 19
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/1/2016 11:23:53 AM
Good grief! Op, take a deep breath, relax, and if you liked this woman, CALL her!
This woman met you in person, she KNOWS how tall or short, you are, (depends on one's opinion) so dig deep and find the courage to GET OVER your insecurities!
WTH happened to "I like her, she likes me, Whohoo!
Holy crap, this is not brain surgery!

If she declines your invite, the world will not crash and burn. You move on. This is a mole hill, not a mountain.
Go get her, and good luck!

BTW, A man's height has NEVER ever, been a factor to determine if he is a "Keeper".
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 20
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/1/2016 12:37:55 PM

Of course physical qualities matter a little bit, but not as much as people think. Being insecure about your height, your looks, your hair, your weight, etc, is a way bigger deal than the actual physical qualities.

I agree with you Coma. But tell that to the short guys that have not been able to overcome their issues. And like Henry Ford would say "whether you say you can, or you Can't, both are right."
 oneday57
Msg: 21
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/2/2016 4:21:06 AM
Depends on the people and the chemistry.....got to tell ya this...from experience that the physicals tuff sooo if the both of you care about that aspect then its a bust....if not your good!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/2/2016 6:14:36 AM
I do think heigh is imporant in a relationship.

I like to say, heigh ho silver when in a cowboy position.

Another fav for me when I play the merry dwarf. (It works for me because I am 5.4, a tall guy would look foolish in my dwarf hat).

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's off to bed we go.
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's off to bed we go.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 23
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/2/2016 7:14:47 AM
Sir Dragon, I do believe you are showing your funny bone, LOL
 dragonbytes
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Importance of heigh?
Posted: 4/2/2016 7:59:08 AM

Sir Dragon, I do believe you are showing your funny bone, LOL

I may be short in height, but my bone is longer than average, and I can also be funny.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

Darn POF rules.
 cooldog65
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Importance of height?
Posted: 4/2/2016 11:24:09 PM
dragonbytes...

He says his height is 5.8 on his profile, but in the thread he says his height is 173 CM, which is 5.67585, round up to 5.7.

The women he is dating is 175 cm, which is 5.74147, say 5.8.

I think you mistakenly used 2.59 cm per inch as your calculation. It's 2.54 which would put him at 5'8" and her at 5'9".

OP...I would call her to arrange a second date. That should answer your question.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Importance of heigh?