Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > I can't work out these women who go silent mid-conversation.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paul0578
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I can't work out these women who go silent mid-conversation.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I've read several of the other threads on this but I'm starting to wonder if there's someone spreading rubbish about me somewhere else online.

I've met women off here and I've chatted and agreed we're not right for eachother and stopped with no problem with a few women on here. What confuses the heck out of me are the women who start talking, sometimes for 5-6 messages and some for 20+ messages and who then suddenly stop talking altogether with no hint as to why.

Yes, there are many suggestions as to the reason. Thing is I'm never indecent or rude, never suggestive, my entire profile (including work, personal circumstances, 2 children, interests) is accurate, my pics look similar and are all up to date. I've even exchanged phone numbers with one woman, texted (in total decency) for well over a week on a daily basis and she stopped instantly in the middle of a conversation about a pub quiz I was at at the time she seemed to be interested about.

I've had zero bad date experiences after having met 4 women in over a year, 2 of them more than once. 2 of the "stops" were soon after asking if they'd like to meet as in the past another women said she'd gotten fed up waiting for me to ask. A recent "stop" was soon after discussing bucket lists and how we'd both like to try hot-air ballooning and parachuting together.

I'm never nasty or vindictive, just confused and frustrated.

Gah!! :(
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I can't work out these women who go silent mid-conversation.
Posted: 3/29/2016 6:04:01 AM
Mum not mom - unless you are American.

Seems a confusion of reasons. I was going to ask why you are still swapping emails but you've gone down that route it seems. Even so, it might be worth exploring why asking to meet someone should be a killer? Is the suggested date a bit scary?

One more thing comes to mind, living in the back end of nowhere must limit your choice? What sort of distance are you looking at?
 TucsonPug
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 6:14:02 AM
There probably isn't just one reason, I let conversations fade away when I'm bored with the conversation rather than say you're boring me to tears I just take longer to reply to each message.
I've done it to people after meeting them too, better they take a hint than I tell them they're boring.
Some people you can be straight with and others become clingy so best to disengage.
I can't see where you live would be the reason, or why start the conversation.
Some people will never arrange to meet as they're actually not available, others who are not available still turn up and try to hoodwink you.
Life's too short to give it a second thought, move on.
 Paul0578
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:36:49 AM
Yeah it's mom, it's a regional thing. Mum just sounds wrong.

I usually set it to 10 miles but get hits from more than twice and my area is certainly not a backend. Thanks for the feedback but it's not relevant to the situation. :)
 skiptalker
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 10:27:44 AM
had it done to me paul on a similar vein...some women are very strange, losing a lot of heart in this dating game to be honest its getting to much like hard work.
 Strider886
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 11:15:25 AM
Some like to have a good few back/forth messages, some think that after 3 messages your just messing them around, unfortunately as with most things when it comes to women and dating, it's entirely down to what their social circle deems to be "ok"..... Meaning basically there is no logic.
 Paul0578
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 12:12:39 PM
I think the worst part is not knowing why. Any answer saying they don't want to talk anymore would be better than just vanishing. I've even exchanged phone numbers with a few and after the chat ended abruptly virtually mid-conversation I've tried to text and call once in case the phone had been lost or couldn't add credit but the texts weren't answered and the phone rang out. Plus all these women have been online, active and bouncing around the viewed me line at the top meaning they were moving between pages.

I'm not the type to be nasty either, I'd just like people to be as honest as I am.

Lol! Go figure....

Again, thanks for all your thoughts. :)
 Paul0578
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 12:40:04 PM
No that wasn't my point. They can do what they want, absolutely simple common courtesy suggests if you start talking and don't want to talk anymore to just say so. That's not asking a lot. Even blocking me would say the same but none have.

I'm not pestering at all. I sent a message after their last expecting a reply as had happened for the previous messages and when none came after a day or 2 I sent one more asking if they were ok and if they wanted to stop talking. That then lets me move on without the risk of finding myself in several conversations which I don't want to do.

I think you're used to much ruder and demanding people on here, that's just not me.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/29/2016 1:10:22 PM
The Internet is 'somewhat' abrupt.
I've been here a while (10 years+)
& I'm never surprised at getting ghosted...

Paul0578
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 1:52:27 PM
"Bouncing around" only means they're active and not slowly logging off. You're making much bigger assumptions about me than I am about them. I'm being nothing but gracious, I'm just trying to work out the reasons, just like a lot of others who can apparently stay civil while discussing it. There's nothing snidey about my comments but the speed you started reading more into what I said than was actually there suggests a lot more bitterness in you than "snideness" in me.

You won't get a rise out of me, please stop trying and if you can't contribute, please stop commenting.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 2:36:49 PM
They may be active on the forum but for whatever reason they decide they no longer wish to engage with you. You may not like it or think it's rude but it's par for the course. Lots of men don't take rejection well and become extremely rude and insulting so women don't bother, they're not mind readers they don't know how people will react even after chatting for a while so they fade away. Blokes do it too, you need to develop a thick skin and it's their loss attitude.
 Paul0578
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2016 4:24:41 AM
Well I was all ready to correct myself on this one, the latest woman in question started talking again saying her daughter had had an accident and that she'd like to keep on talking. I replied there was no rush and hoped her daughter was ok. 3 days later I've heard nothing again.

Oh well.

Think I'll just try going to the pub... :D
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2016 7:39:15 AM
Could be she doesn't check in that often especially with her ongoing problems. Have you tried the wet fish counter at Waitrose?
 Jo van
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/18/2016 1:03:28 PM
Trust me.
Later, you'd give anything .....
for her to go silent.
Just sayin...
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 12:32:40 AM
Oh god this trait is so annoying. You message a girl where your interests are perfectly aligned. You send about 2-4 emails back and forth to break the ice and make them comfortable. Then they ghost you with no reason why. It's downright mean and sadistic. Why waste our precious time and get our hopes up just to ruin it? You get off on it? You should know immediately if we don't look like Greek gods to you and you can't tell that much by plain email conversations so how about you just be honest or try a MeetUp first? Then you can give a reason why, but never ghost, it's a really childish act!
 skiptalker
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 1:40:10 AM
the problem is you girls expect us to do all the running ie message first etc then when we make the effort we get a kick in the gholies..yes this is a dating site and this is 2016 lets have an even playing field
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2016 4:32:17 PM

the problem is you girls expect us to do all the running ie message first etc then when we make the effort we get a kick in the gholies..yes this is a dating site and this is 2016 lets have an even playing field

Sadly this will never happen mate. Even playing field? Lol, we have the disadvantage and always will.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:49:34 AM
^ ^ ^ And this is (probably) why we are on each others 'favourites' list CS...
I have lost count of the times that I've attempted to exchange messages
and have been greeted with 'lol' as a reply....that's the point that I usually
stop bothering, 'cos this ain't happening sister....I have total sympathy
with ladies who also have this problem.......

Aggers
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 1:45:26 AM
If they go silent mid conversation, think yourself lucky! They obviously were not worth bothering about, because if they liked you they would carry on talking - Simples!
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:18:21 AM
Good morning Paul

In most cases I would say it's innocent enough, they met someone and want to see where it's going.
If they met someone there not go back to everyone they've been chatting with to let them know.
May I suggest when you start a conversation asked them what their normal procedure is, most people will say they want 3 to 5 email exchanges before they transfer the phone or face-to-face.
Dating is pretty simple once you understand the rules and how there is a Grand Canyon divide between male and female expectations. I'm in the process of writing a book on the subject and if you would like more information please feel free to reach out
Thanks in advance

Leo Reis
Cell 1 416 525 9960 WhatsApp
Leo4165259960@Gmail.com
Profit Consulting Company
twitter, @Leo4165259960
Skype; mynetprofit
https://ca.linkedin.com/in/leoreis1
We are working on the next industry disruptor, lead, follow, or get crushed.

PS. In my 39 year career we have redesigned more than 1000 companies that were doing under $2 million in revenue, today they are doing more than 20 million in yearly revenue. We did that more than 1000 times. 96% of companies fail, Is it smart for you to try to do this on your own?
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:20:24 AM
This thread is two years old and the person who posted it doesn’t post on the forums
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:25:20 AM
Good morning Skip talker.

Of course dating is hard work, it involves kissing a lot of frogs.
Before meeting my last soulmate I dated more than 500 women and of course it takes a lot of time and energy and money to meet that many women. I would rather match have a broader selection to meet the perfect woman for me. If you would like some help or advice please feel free to reach out.
Thanks in advance

Leo Reis
Cell 1 416 525 9960 WhatsApp
Leo4165259960@Gmail.com
Profit Consulting Company
twitter, @Leo4165259960
Skype; mynetprofit
https://ca.linkedin.com/in/leoreis1
We are working on the next industry disruptor, lead, follow, or get crushed.

PS. In my 39 year career we have redesigned more than 1000 companies that were doing under $2 million in revenue, today they are doing more than 20 million in yearly revenue. We did that more than 1000 times. 96% of companies fail, Is it smart for you to try to do this on your own?
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 5:37:49 AM
I`d on a personal note count myself lucky/fortunate to get any messages which led to conversations that actually went under the rader mid convo..

Just saying :-)
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:28:10 AM
It's completely normal it gives the gentleman time to
lay out his case for a new world uncluttered with
Parasitical bankers and their squalid politicians.
 rekirked
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:52:55 AM
Basically there are several possibilities why a woman will slope off from initial frantic contact, every single one involves you being a failure at dating.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > I can't work out these women who go silent mid-conversation.