Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Still living at home in your 40s...really???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 2
Still living at home in your 40s...really???Page 1 of 1    
Hey, don't knock it, some of those bedtime stories never get old .
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 3
Still living at home in your 40s...really???
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:19:40 AM
And yet another delete vote ?
The Good Old Days are back?
Jezus H Krist...........

Onyx49
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/14/2016 2:52:53 PM
I only know one man over 40 and live at home.
10 years ago he started his own business building websites and needed to all of his money to do that.
Now he's a millionaire...however his aging mother need help around the house, and he's single...so why not stay.
 KadeJones101
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2016 3:35:10 PM
I was living at home several years ago for about 2 years (left again at 40), purely through splitting with my partner and taking the only choice on offer at the time. I was left with little cash and lived/worked in the ever more expensive Greater London.

It was probably the best thing I've done in the last decade as i could work and save some money without the pressure of huge bills - but still be able to give my mother a decent amount to stay there. I bought a new car outright and had the funds to furnish a place with all new gear over that 2 years. It was actually enjoyable when i moved into my flat because i could get the furnishings i wanted, all brand new.

Being single for a while and living with parents meant i could set myself up much better for the long run.

Not so sure about those guys that have never left their parent's house at 40+ though. Finding a place on your own can be expensive, especially in a minimum pay job or on JSA i guess. But as you say, not the biggest draw for the ladies as older men should have accumulated more over time. Biology has shown, as has POF that older women are flattered, but not interested in younger men for a potential relationship - probably for these reasons.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2016 5:52:06 PM
My parents are rather poorly, especially my father. I have them in the house so I can help look after them. What's wrong with that?!
 wineaboutit
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/14/2016 6:02:50 PM
I know a guy in his 50's who moved in with his mother after his father died because she has a lot of health problems and limitations. If my mother ended up in the same scenario I would move her in with me.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2016 2:00:49 PM
penyl18-

I have been experiencing the same thing- and I'm not talking about men who live with their parents in order to help them- I'm talking about "failure to launch" men, just as you are.

I have also found that a couple of men who've contacted me are a decade or more, older than the pics on their profile, and that their profile says they are employed, but in reality, they are on disability.

I don't require that a man make as much money as I do, but he should at least be somewhere in the same ballpark.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2016 7:45:51 AM
and another question! Why do people start a thread then bugger off?
 TucsonPug
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2016 8:46:20 AM
Well shock horror, there are so many men that are incompatible with you, doesn't that apply to all of us? Why they are incompatible is surely irrelevant, they are so just pass them by and keep looking.
 Jo van
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/18/2016 12:59:30 PM
Doesn't everyone "live at home"?

-Unless they're homeless, obviously.

I've always lived at home. Where else would I live?
 mark2jag
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2016 3:04:52 PM
Shallow, yes you are...... I too live at home for 2 reasons. 1. my folks are both in their 70's with dad in a nursing home and mum with osteoporosis osteo arthritis severe mobility issues involving the use of a stairlift and a wheelchair.2 unless you are on mega money you try getting a mortgage on basic no flashy wages especially in my part of the world. there's enough snobs round here already, now it would seem theres one more!!!!!!!!.... And anyway if you're really only concerned whether he has a house or not then sorry that DOES make you a gold digger FULL STOP.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/23/2016 9:40:53 AM
Umm - the OP has left us already - no staying power, these children........

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Still living at home in your 40s...really???