Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > xxxxxxxxxx has added you to their favorites      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 2
xxxxxxxxxx has added you to their favoritesPage 1 of 1    
There are mail options whereby you can elect not to get mail from POF-
I never see any of this junk..........

Mark_It_Up
Msg: 3
xxxxxxxxxx has added you to their favorites
Posted: 4/21/2016 4:46:08 AM
I'd recommend setting up your mailbox rules to send all "Wants to meet" requests straight to your spam folder. It's a useless feature. People use it like the old "hot or not" website game. If they genuinely wanted to meet you, they'd send a proper message.

POF admin will not "sort it out" because it's an income generator for POF. When you get the email, you click the link, you are shown ad impressions, and they get money.

Also POF admin don't read these forums so it's pretty pointless to make demands / requests here...
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2016 10:02:20 AM
Toggle your email options off. Simplest thing to do. If you are using the mobile app, you can toggle everything off too. I leave the LED notices active - that put that tiny icon up on the corner menu bar on my phone.

As far as the profiles with a bunch of numbers trailing behind a name - yes, it is probably fake. People generate literally dozens of new profile names every hour and change a couple numbers and an email contact by a few letters and the IP address by a few numbers - just enough that the automated POF software can't screen it out instantly. They do a pretty good job of eliminating fraud profiles, but it can't be instantaneous - you might get a notice for a 'favorites' at 10 am and the profile is deleted by noon, so when you click the link at 1 pm, it's not there.

If it's consistently happening to you, like more than 3-4 times a month, you're probably picked as a specific target by some hacker, or an Ex who has computer connections, at maybe some computer savvy kid that won't leave you alone. Enough of those repeat offenses reported to CSR@POF.com should get their attack dogs unleashed and tracking the scent. If all else fails, it's a free profile - dump it and make another. Only taking minutes to set up a new profile has it's advantages AND disadvantages.
 CaliforniaTiger01
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/25/2016 10:56:34 AM
I have a conspiracy theory. My username used to be todd65111. The spam was using similar name formatting such as namexxxxx. The spam on the site was aimed at me personally, designed to manipulate people into not liking that style of username. So I changed my username. Let's see if the spam changes to something else. If the spamming changes, I suspect a fascist cell paid by the KKK or Donald Trump supporters. Or I could be paranoid. Or both. Hooray for zombies!
 FitDad1965
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/7/2016 10:15:35 AM
This is extremely annoying! I get 3 or 4 every day and each time I search the profile name it comes up "username not found". It's POF's way to keep us online. I think it's at a minimum false advertising and quite possibly electronic fraud. I'm pursuing this with the higher ups and if it doesn't stop I'm contacting the Attorney General's office.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/7/2016 1:09:48 PM
Oh goody - do let us all know how you get on with that one..........

OTTO BONN
Msg: 8
User has added you to their favorites
Posted: 5/8/2016 8:32:24 PM

I think it's at a minimum false advertising and quite possibly electronic fraud.

Think again.

I'm pursuing this with the higher ups and if it doesn't stop I'm contacting the Attorney General's office.

Does the term pound sand have any meaning to your programming?
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > xxxxxxxxxx has added you to their favorites