Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Opinions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 horsegal55
Msg: 1
OpinionsPage 1 of 1    
I have known this man for years and we are very close friends from me hiring him for his business services. Over time we sort of became personal friends and buddies. Well he is now throwing out comments like make some cookies and I will visit. I will help you with such and such. Then I broke my arm and he offered to stay with me and help me. He also said too bad we were going in different directions or we could meet up for lunch. You have remember we are sort of best friends and I have seen him thru things in his personal life. Am I reading into this or is he interested in me personally other than friendship? I am confused.
 kj521
Msg: 2
Opinions
Posted: 4/21/2016 11:05:14 AM
Only one way to find out, Ms. Horsegal.....

Make some dang cookies and invite him over. :D

Good luck to you!
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Opinions
Posted: 4/21/2016 11:28:58 AM
From what you say he sounds like he's into you. :)

Get yo' cookies on
 flman2015
Msg: 4
Opinions
Posted: 4/21/2016 11:33:38 AM
Making a batch of cookies is good advice.... if you are interested in him, call him and ask him what his favorite cookies are... in the conversation the two of you can "negotiate" a good time for a "cookie date" ;-)

Also, I suggest you paint your toenails hot pink... it goes rather well with cookies :-)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Opinions
Posted: 4/21/2016 12:21:23 PM
I think he is being flirty - bake those cookies, invite him over. I trust he loves animals and horses and you already connect with him..
Go get baking :)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 6
Opinions
Posted: 4/21/2016 6:47:29 PM

Well he is now throwing out comments like make some cookies

I am confused.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix up cookie dough.

Cut into shape with cookie cutter.

Place onto cookie sheet and into oven.

Take out before they burn.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 7
Opinions
Posted: 4/21/2016 8:25:17 PM
I'd be confused too. I have a male friend who has been taking me out on dates to upscale restaurants, paid for everything. Likes how I look, loves spending time with me - but nothing ever happened. No kiss, no holding hands, nothing romantic. In the end, I started dating someone who made it clear he was interested in me.
 lilydreams
Msg: 8
Opinions
Posted: 4/21/2016 8:31:27 PM
Why would someone your age just not ask? Or flat out talk to him. Why have some people not advanced past passing notes in high school? You are basically asking you school mates "does Bobby like me.".
 bamagrl68
Msg: 9
Opinions
Posted: 4/21/2016 9:53:10 PM
horsegal55- He's interested.
Are you?
If so, like everyone else has said, the next time he mentions cookie's or lunch, go for it and suggest a time to meet and have lunch or for him to come over and (AHEM!) have some cookies. ;)
 Kay9876
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Opinions
Posted: 4/22/2016 11:41:11 AM

I have known this man for years … Well he is now throwing out comments like make some cookies and I will visit. I will help you with such and such. Then I broke my arm and he offered to stay with me and help me. He also said too bad we were going in different directions or we could meet up for lunch. You have remember we are sort of best friends and I have seen him thru things in his personal life. Am I reading into this or is he interested in me personally other than friendship?

If I were in your shoes, I’d bake cookies (in a heartbeat!). If nothing else, he’s an old friend who likes cookies. This is step one.

Step two? That’s up to both of you. In the meantime, go out of your way to be kind to your friend simply because he is a good friend. If you’d like there to be more, give him opportunities to show romantic interest by spending time alone with him.

UnKnownNYMale
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Opinions
Posted: 4/22/2016 1:36:32 PM

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix up cookie dough.

Cut into shape with cookie cutter.

Place onto cookie sheet and into oven.

Take out before they burn.

Sorry to waste a reply slot with this, but, it took me a long time to learn that when baking cookies, if you check them and say to yourself "I think they need one more minute"......take them out immediately!! It might already be too late!!
 kj521
Msg: 12
Opinions
Posted: 4/22/2016 4:00:15 PM
Wait a minute! I need to add on to my earlier post cause I don't want you getting the wrong idea, Ms. Horsegal.

Okay....you know he likes cookies. You tell him you have the best cookies in town. Only...when you have him intrigued do you bake those cookies. You let him imagine those cookies.... smell those cookies.....taste those cookies....in his mind. But DON'T give him the cookies! You gotta wait! You wait....until he is practically drooling for your cookies....then you give him some.

But don't wait too long....or he will find another baker. :D
 ndm147
Msg: 13
Opinions
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:51:48 PM
I agree with what everyone said, bake him some cookies and invite him over. Maybe he is interested

But I have a personal spin on baking. I was seeing a guy. Not anymore more in a romantic sense, but we still hang out as business partners and friends. I made him pizzelles ( Italian wafer cookies made in a pizzelle press) and he loved them. Now he is asking me to make connalli which are fried dough wafers filled with a cheese mix.

I also make him root beer floats when he comes over, but we are platonic. I guess the Italian in me just likes to bake!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 14
Opinions
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:58:32 AM
Hopefully he won't be turned off that you pre-heated the oven.

I know some women are turned off by that.

Add some wine and you'll be in Xanadu soon enough...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Opinions
Posted: 4/24/2016 8:12:37 PM

Am I reading into this or is he interested in me personally other than friendship? I am confused.

He very well could have interest in you. But you can't expect the guy to do make all the moves. That's more for strangers/newly-met people interacting in social environments. When you're in a touchy situation like being co-workers or just-friends -- and nobody wants to 'ruin' anything by making things weird, much of the time, wisely, a Cautious approach will be had. And the guy's going to have to rely on the gal's feedback.

To not ruin or make things weird would be a little flirting at a certain point. You'll want to "slow bet" ever so lightly in the beginning to feel it out and to let it build up if it does. If it does build up, then you (or he) bring up the concept of being more than just-friends and seeing how the other feels about it.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 16
Opinions
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:19:19 AM
LOL I can't believe some hasn't already said this.
"The way to a man's heart, is thru his stomach"
 ohenryx
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Opinions
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:46:03 PM

Wait a minute! I need to add on to my earlier post cause I don't want you getting the wrong idea, Ms. Horsegal.

Okay....you know he likes cookies. You tell him you have the best cookies in town. Only...when you have him intrigued do you bake those cookies. You let him imagine those cookies.... smell those cookies.....taste those cookies....in his mind. But DON'T give him the cookies! You gotta wait! You wait....until he is practically drooling for your cookies....then you give him some.

But don't wait too long....or he will find another baker. :D

Wow!! Did it suddenly get very hot in here, or what?

Someone open the window and turn on a fan, I gotta cool down!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 18
Opinions
Posted: 4/27/2016 9:30:54 AM
If I`m interested in a woman she doesn`t need to entice me by baking cookies.

What`s underneath her clothes are all the cookies I`ll need !
 cooldog65
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Opinions
Posted: 5/18/2016 10:03:39 AM
Baking is a bonus! Have him sample some cookies and he may sample your cookie.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Opinions